Somebody redpill me on fruit

Somebody redpill me on fruit.

It's shilled all the time as healthy but there's no way all that sugar can be good for you?

if youre active little sugar wont hurt plus fruit comes in a package of nutrients aside from the sugar unlike garbage like popsoda or donuts

tldr fruit is fine

>but it's good sugar :^)

Depends on the rest of your diet, if you're eating some fruit and that's it for sugar you'll be ok, if you're eating a fuckton of sugar already... no, but not because of the fruit.

It's good to have a few pieces of fruit. Notice how the shit drinks have twice as much sugar. When people drink multiple bottles of that shit is when it's a problem

Unless your diabetic or eating shitloads of it, a banana is not going to hurt you. Fruit also has things like potassium and vitamin C.

I know carrots aren't fruits but how good are they? Safe to eat lots of?

fiber + sugar (typical fruit) = fine
sugar on its own = not too good if your diet is already shit

You can usually safely eat about 40g of sugar a day on a 2k calorie diet, but fruit is usually pretty high in it. It's got good fiber in it. Otherwise limit your intake.

>40g of sugar a day
What broscience is this?

>when you realize that fruit isn't actually that healthy and veggies are where it's at

it's just the usual amount I see flying around. Obviously don't go nuts with it and try to stay under it, but contrary to popular belief a bit of sugar daily won't kill you. It's not good for you but staying under that amount wont' hurt you either.

>tfw you hate the taste of raw veggies

>implying the sugar in fruit is digested and metabolized the same as a sugar cube

Honey is a carb and while grain bread is a carb, but they are obviously very different and do different things to your body. Eating too much fruit won't cause weight gain or any other negative side effects normally associated with sugar consumption.

Since when did Veeky Forums become populated with sugar fiends on damage control?

it's different
I mean, if you're gonna eat sugar, it's best to eat fruit because the fibre helps break it down and you get a bunch of vitamins etc
rather than an empty soda, or whatever

Why not just eat veggies that have all that without the sugar?

Fizzy drinks = Pure glucose

Fruit = Fructose and Glucose

With fructose present you dont absorb as much sugar all at once so your body is more likely to use and burn it rather than store it.
But yeah enough of anything will get you fat.

This is not true. Drinks have high fructose corn syrup, which is why they are bad. When fructose and glucose are both present, it opens more pathways into glycolysis so that your body metabolizes both faster

Are you 12?

>fizzy drinks
>pure glucose
what is high FRUCTOSE corn syrup?
>fiber helps break it down
fiber is not a carbohydrase. fiber either takes a hydration shell to soften stool or it acts as roughage and moves stuff through your gut. it also is mysteriously correlated with "good" cholesterol
>implying the sugar in fruit is digested and metabolized the same as a sugar cube
it fucking is. sucrose is sucrose

listen to these posters for fuck's sake. whole foods aren't bad for you jesus fucking christ it isn't rocket science. fruits and vegetables are good for you while sweet drinks aren't

But muh gamer fuel

2-3 fruits a day are alright, but stay the fuck away from fruit juice. It's literal liquid jewery advertised as healthy, you're a thousand times better off drinking diet/zero coke than that garbage.

If you're eating fruit for health reasons and not as a treat you're fucking retarded.

>only 12 year olds dislike the taste of raw veggies
Are you 13?

Veeky Forums is fucking obsessed with eating bananas for whatever reason. Probably some kind of psychological phallic thing going on there...

I eat a pound of baby carrots every day. Sure my shits are fibrous and orange and I'm probably overloading on vitamin A and beta carotene, but they're so filling and low cal that I just can't stop.
Plus the BC will eventually darken my skin so there's that.

love veggies. They taste like shit raw. Steamed broccoli is amazing but raw it's like liking pure dirt.

fiber is good

but you should try to avoid super sugary ones like apples, or ones with lower fiber like bananas.

Strawberries are great, so much fiber and surprisingly low sugar, and delicious, only reason not to eat them is poverty

>don't eat bananas or apples
>whole fruits and vegetables are bad
>eat strawberries despite all the shit required to grow them

get organic strawberries and take a nutrition class at your local community college. posters on here are completely retarded

Well. All fruits ain't the same. There's a difference between an apple and a banana. The banana will have more sugar and less fiber in it, that's why it's eaten for a quick boost of energy.
So establishing that all fruits ain't the same and serve different purposes we can compare it to other things including sugar. And those other things are almost always man made products like sucrose (extracted and refined from sugar canes, maple syrup) with few exceptions like honey. But in almost all natural ways humans are evolved to eat sugar is from fruits. Another thing is fruit compared to cane sugar has more vitamins and other micros that are beneficial.
Do you might wonder why is it not okay to drink apple juice compared to eating an apple. First of all you are far more likely to drink juice from more than one or two fruits, meaning more total sugar. Also, since there's virtually no fibre or complex carb slowing down the digestion of the sugar you will see a big spike in insulin to counteract it. It will soon dip and you will be hungry and lower energy much faster. Also the fibre in whole fruit compared to juice will keep you more satiated and week keep blood sugar stable.
In the end most fruits is filled with good micros , fills you up, helps your digestive system and guy health, keeps blood sugar relatively stable and tastes good.
So keep eating fruits IMHO

>despite all the shit required to grow them

No one is talking about growing the fruit you retard.

*gut health

yes, because none of the pesticides and fertilizers used to grow things ever ends up in the finished product

Scoobs says carrot Cal's don't even count with how fiberous and filling they are

>not eating sports candy
>2017
Ég vona að þú hafir ekki gert þetta

Most fruit is bullshit. That's the red pill. Eat sparingly.

The issue between the two is satiation. If you have one of the things of left that is just sugar and shit, you will not feel full at all. I dare you to try and eat the same amount of sugar that's in a thing of ice tea by doing so through bananas or apples. The fibre in fruit fills you up so after 1-2 bananas/apples your body can't handle it whereas you know you could eat a whole block of chocolate, which is in excess of 10x the amount of sugar in 1-2 pieces of fruit, and still be hungry.

>TL;DR
Fruit has fibre that fills you up, sugary processed shit doesn't

look on some coke in germany
>dayly recomended dose is 90g sugar

yeah of course
this product only maxes out 15% of my intake

Ummmmm sweetie it has enough fiber with it

Fiber and micronutrients

Most of the sugar is held in the cell wall of the fruit and it's released slowly. Don't let the ketofags and their lies bother you.

>The fibre in fruit fills you up so after 1-2 bananas/apples your body can't handle it
as a fat cunt i call bullshit, i ate a whole pack of 6 apples yesterday in one sitting and still didn't feel satisfied.

drinking 4 cups of soda vs eating 4 bananas

>mfw my gf wont believe me when I tell her this

Have you ever shown her the nutritional info on a lot of them which shows the beetus-tier sugar that's in them? If she still won't believe you, keep that dick wrapped up and keep having fun but do not breed with this one.

Of course not, as a fat piece of shit you are never satisfied

>grills believing in factual and objective things

>people actually aren't sure if it's okay to eat fruits and veggies because muh sugar

How did we fall this far as a species?

I like bananas. I have one with my oats.

>carbohydrates
>not gettling literally all of your 5k calories a day from whey protein and your vitamins from supplements
>fiber
Say goodbye to your gains.

No problem, I don't actually lift.

This is just the most convenient place to talk with other people who eat a lot of porridge.

>a whole pack of apples
>pack
Dude what the fuck is wrong with your country. Proper apples don't come in packs

Fruit
>High in nutrients
>High in antioxidants
>High in fibre
Soda
>No nutritional benefit
>No antioxidants
>Extremely high sugar (more than one serving of fruit)
>Excessive sugar causes insulin spikes

Fruit is something that should be consumed for a healthy diet, but it shouldn't be the main focus

Roundup gives me serious gainz though

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE SAYING FRUIT IS BAD FOR YOU

DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE ONE SHRED OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT NUTRITION AND BIOLOGY?

THIS IS BROSCIENCE EQUIVALENT TO

>the body can only digest 30g of protein in one go bro

You need glucose to live. The sugars in fruits can provide that. The sugar cubes are just an example of similar table sugar, you don't actually get that eating fruit.

Do you need fruit? Can you eat a healthy, balanced diet that includes no fruit? Substituting veggies, tubers etc.

Is it fine if I drink 8 cups worth of fermented sugar every week then?

Fuck, I poured some Tang into a 32oz bottle the other day, Turns out there are 22g of sugar in each cup. Goof thing I was outside for about five hours working then worked out.

>what is high FRUCTOSE corn syrup?

55/45 fructose/glucose. Sugar is 50/50.

It's bad advertising, just like whole milk is only 3% fat

So the one banana in the morning with coffee or pre workout is gonna give me the beetus and make me 40% bfat?

>little sugar
>8 cups worth of sugar
Why do people on the internet love hyperboles only on the net as well.

It's not hyperbole, that's just what I drink.

She started with one banana too.

High Fructose is Cornsyrup is made artificially from the glucose present in corn starch. As a result the sugar content remains the same, as the cubes of sugar that would other wise be used can now be labelled as HFC's rather than "pure sugar".
So yes, it's the same as what's in fruit but the concentration of it is Way higher than what occurs naturally. Negating any health benefits that come from eating mixed sugars.
Plus fruit has plenty of other stuff (various vitamins and minerals) that are good for you.

Ketard

Refined sugar in soda and candy is bad for you because it contains refined sugar, a simple carbohydrate. The feeling you get from eating it is the same feeling you get from eating greasy chips
Eating fructose from fruit is better. It's the same calorie wise but fructose gives you more energy