try veganism for 6 months

> try veganism for 6 months
> diet is mostly rice, beans, coconut milk, soy protein powder, multivitamin
> got leaner
> also lost strength, joints felt like shit, hair got flat and brittle, sex drive tanked, got gingivitis no matter how much I brushed my teeth, always tired, took a shitload of caffeine
> fed up with dental problems and low energy

> switch back to paleo
> eat chicken & eggs, vegetables, able to maintain strength on much less protein, dental problems resolved, hair shiny and thick, tons of energy, libido through the roof and constantly want sex

Fuck you vegan memers, your diet is living death

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/aug/11/why-we-fell-for-clean-eating
youtube.com/watch?v=tgjGzCfcN-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TyohN1LdFKI
youtube.com/watch?v=yLYoOTtFDqQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HOLY FUCK VEGANS BTFO'd

Nothing new here.

vegans are retarded college kids practicing liberal food religion

you forgot the roids you dip sauce

>is completely retarded and also a faggot
>tries to do something requiring considerable use of frontal cortex despite being completely retarded
>fails
>blames everything but himself

not even vegan but did you even try?
>diet is mostly rice, beans, coconut milk, soy protein powder, multivitamin
you are supposed to mix it up
> also lost strength, joints felt like shit, hair got flat and brittle, sex drive tanked, got gingivitis no matter how much I brushed my teeth, always tired, took a shitload of caffeine
these are all symptoms of a very poorly planned diet. based on these your diet was lacking in many essential nutrients. perhaps you should try again after taking a nutrition class at your local community college

Cool made up story bro.

What nutrients was I lacking? If I'm so stupid, it must be easy for you to rattle it off the top of your head.

FYI I ate 200g protein and sufficient fat/calories.

> I don't know anything about nutrition, and I tried half-assing a diet without doing any research
> It didn't go well
> It must be the diet's fault

see
Also I kept cronometer logs of what I ate to make sure I was hitting all the vitamins etc. I supplemented.

I made sure to hit 200g protein, >50g fat and >2000 cal.

How did I half ass it exactly and what exactly did I not know about nutrition?

>gingivitis
vitamin C
>brittle hair
biotin, vitamin C, many minerals/metal ions
>lethargy
definitely iron. if you can't get oxygen to things that need to burn energy you either won't burn it or wont burn it quickly
>shit joints
fuck if I know, though probably something that is critically important to maintenance of cartilage
>200g protein/day
way too much unless you recently underwent major invasive surgery, suffered massive blood loss, suffered 3rd degree burns, or you legit weigh 200kg

if your diet was truly mostly rice, beans, coconut milk, soy protein powder and multivitamins I can see why. you should have varied what kinds of beans you ate, eaten brown rice if palatable, mixed in fruits, vegetables, and dark leafy greens, and nuts and legumes. nuts and legumes are excellent sources of essential fats, fiber, some minerals, and calories in general. dark leafy greens have all kinds of vitamins and minerals, though they are bitter. fruits are delicious and also have all kinds of vitamins and minerals. with all of this variety is key. don't eat the same shit day in and day out. eat all kinds of leaves, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes: not just your favorites. multivitamins are honestly shit and do fuck all

OP I did the same thing. My fiancee has been vegan for years and it 10x healthier and more fit than me. Figured there must be something to it.

Wrong, had the exact same experience as you. Back to chicken and rice. How she stays so healthy is a mystery to me...maybe because she's 5'3 and 110 pounds.

> vit C
I took 1000mg capsules every other day

> iron
I took prenatal vitamins which have 160% RDA.

> Vary the beans
I did. Lentils, black beans, chickpeas etc.

> Mix in fruits/vegetables
I did. I chopped up at least 2 vegetables into my food daily and tried to vary it.

> Fruit
I did eat it as snacks. Often bananas, mangos, pears, blueberries.

So what now? How is this my fault exactly? Did I do it wrong, or does the diet just inherently suck?

> diet is mostly rice, beans, coconut milk, soy protein powder, multivitamin
so what am I to make of this?

>all the supplements
that's where you went wrong imo. there is effectively zero regulation concerning dietary supplements. do not take them

where are the nuts and legumes?
where are the dark leafy greens? these are a good source of iron
where are the tart citrus fruit like apples, oranges, and grapefruit? this would be much better than taking a 1g vitamin C supplement every other day. a better use of that supplement would be 500mg morning and evening as you will promptly piss out any excess vitamin C and any other water soluble nutrients
which vegetables did you use?

the nice thing about including animal flesh in your diet is that a healthy animal has everything it needs in it to stay alive for a few days. we are also animals, so you can see why including some meat in you diet can help to round out your nutrient intake

imo relying on a cronometer pr any sort of app is dubious because it cannot take into account any idiosyncrasies of your metabolism. the best way would be to consult a dietitian, but that could be expensive

I'll recommend the nutrition class at community college because it is very informative and easy. I learned that many people try veganism and have the same experience as you. it isn't easy. perhaps you should consult's fiance

>legumes
These are otherwise known as "beans"

>tart fruits
Eh, I ate mangos.

>vegetables
Many of them. Lots of bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes,

> the nice thing about including animal flesh in your diet is that a healthy animal has everything it needs in it to stay alive for a few days. we are also animals, so you can see why including some meat in you diet can help to round out your nutrient intake

Isn't that the whole point of the thread I just made, that it's a lot easier to stay healthy just eating some fucking meat?

> nutrition class

...And what makes you think I do not understand basic concepts like macros/micros?

Bah, this forum is such a shit hole. I have a fucking medical doctorate, what am I doing talking to you goons about this shit? I dunno, I guess sometimes I hope there is a bright mind among you able to interpret some N=1 data, but it's really setting myself for disappointment.

nuts =/= legumes. I didn't say nuts or legumes: you would need both
still no leafy greens mentioned
I would have thrown in some potato for carbs but beans are a good source too

>And what makes you think I do not understand basic concepts like macros/micros
>thinks 200g protein/day is good
>takes multivitamins

having a medical degree has nothing to do with your knowledge of foods and nutrition. for instance, you didn't know that eating 200g/day of protein was way too much. you only need 1g/kg body mass. that's why I don't think you know much about nutrition. my mom is an obstetritian and gynecologist. doesn't mean she is an expert on what to eat. you are an expert in your field of study and nothing else. normally people who have graduate degrees realize this but maybe not you

the guy who taught my nutrition class was a dietitian and epidemiologist. he also teaches grad school. his favorite class is one where he teaches people how to critically read scholarly literature, which to me sounds excruciating. regardless, teachers generally have an excellent grasp on what they are teaching and if you have doubts you can consult your textbook or even look up the primary sources for yourself if you so desire. while I am registered for classes I can get some scientific journals through my student account

it isn't veganism's fault you couldn't make it work: the blame lies entirely with you. I guess you just needed to be mad. I tried my best to see where you went wrong and in my opinion it was use of supplements and lack of leafy greens (kale, baby spinach, romaine lettuce) and nuts. maybe some more tart fruit, too because mangoes don't taste very tart to me. I already know I don't want to put in the work to make veganism work for me and am perfectly ok with eating dead animals. my suitemate in college was vegan and seemed more or less ok, though he was far from an athlete so it's hard for me to say. was gonna type more but comment too long

gg

Yeah but you never found anything majorly wrong with my diet.

For all your puff, you never put your finger on what was not done correctly.

Eating "too much" protein would not be the cause of my various symptoms, and it certainly wouldn't cause me to lose gains. Whether or not your statement about it being "too much" is even true depends on which sources you read.

>you only need 1g/kg body mass.
Those numbers are useful only for people that don't do any sports, specially if we are talking about weightlifting for hypertrophy or strength, you need more protein.

We don't know what you fucking ate, you retard. Go larp somewhere else you fucking healthlet.

What is not clear?

> rice
> beans & various legumes
> vegetables of various types
> fruit of various types
> protein powder
> coconut milk & occasional avocados
> various vitamin supplements

Here are 10 things you can expect when switching to a vegan diet:

1. You energy levels will increase
2. Your palate will improve and you'll begin to taste and therefore appreciate more subtle flavors
3. Along with #2, your tolerance for higher heat levels in food will increase. Stock up on hot sauce.
4. Your shit volume will increase markedly
5. Your scent will become more masculine
6. Both the frequency and violence of your farts will increase a shocking amount
7. Your food expense will decrease and you will find yourself with more disposable income
8. Rock hard erections because no ED
9. Potatoes really aren't very good, except sweet potatoes are ok
10. Outliving all of your animal product eating friends is a lonely prospect, so join a vegan support group

I couldn't read past the "hurr 200 grams of protein too much", it pained me to read it

See... this really says a lot. This is basically what's wrong with this shithole.

If you encounter something that goes beyond the info in the sticky, you get called a retard for having the problem by people with no understanding of the problem or real ability to solve the problem.

It's almost like this whole board is nothing but 22 year old imbeciles or something

Then why did I experience the opposite of a lot of those?

Here is a brief rundown of what I ate. I also added chia seeds, which I neglected to list.

Why do some people drink their cars into lakes? Because they are dumb motherfuckers.

So are you saying I am dumb and deserved to suffer symptoms on my version of veganism?

Okay, well what did I do wrong?

Why can nobody tell me? They just say "U R DUM" over and over. It's almost like nobody knows their ass from a hole in the ground, but is triggered when they realize it.

An alternative view is that no one online can possibly diagnose exactly what/how you fucked up. Neither do any of us owe you some rigorous analysis of the random lists you post.

Following a vegan diet is something millions or people do successfully for months and years on end, experiencing none of the conditions you cite. What is more likely: that all of them are lying, or that you are just an imbecile?

Okay, so ask me further questions. Probe.

You calling me an imbecile is just a simple way for you to try to appear superior without actually demonstrating any knowledge.

I have a 200 lb overhead press and a 405 squat. Should I go into peoples' threads about increasing each lift and just tell them many people can easily lift more than them and they are just stupid?

Well?

Come on bro, let's have it. I want to hear this.

I mean, what in the fuck are we even doing? This is a fitness board, to discuss fitness and nutrition. Discuss fucking fitness and nutrition.

What do you think is informative about this list?

I've been a vegan for 15 years. Have never touched protein powder or vitamin supplements other than B12 and D3. I've had zero problems.

Where are the leafy greens in your diet? Collards, Kale, Spinach, arugula, parsley, mint, chard - are all nutritional powerhouses that should be a staple in every diet.

Where's your beets? sweet potatoes? Where's your winter squash and melons?

Where's your oats? Where's your quinoa? Your barley? Your bulgur?

Where's your berries? Where's your amla?

Where's your hibiscus? Your green tea, Your black tea, your coffee?

Where's your unsweetened cocoa powder? Your curcumin?

Why is there so much synthetic bullshit in your diet when you have fucking zero variety listed? You've given zero fucking information, and you want someone to fucking tell you what went wrong? Yeah, you're lying about going vegan- and you're fucking retarded.

Post a pic of yourself. Would bet my left nut you aren't even 20 or over 60kg in body weight.

>I made sure to hit 200g protein, >50g fat and >2000 cal.
fucking how hard of a cut are you on m8?

not vegan but I highly suspect that you might have fucked it up.

they never do

it took celery nigger 7 years of roiding to look the way he does now. what do you think this nerd looks like?

Not him, but why should he "probe", as you say? You're the one that's asking what you did wrong, and the others have already told you that you're missing a bunch of crap from your diet. It doesn't really fall on anyone else except you to "probe" further if you're the one who wants an answer so badly.

>It's incumbent on you to explain how having those things in my diet would change anything.

But nobody can or will explain WHAT exactly I am missing, how it leads to the symptoms I experienced, or what I could've done better.

So far the best answer was this dipshit but all he did was post a random list of foods and ask why I am not eating them, with no explanation of how eating them would've alleviated my symptoms (i.e. what I was deficient in).

I mean how do I know he isn't just posting random lists of plant foods and asking me why I didn't eat them?

> Guys I did veganism and my teeth fell out

> Oh yeah??? Well y didntt u eat STRAWBERRIES???

>very poorly planned diet
>diet lacking in many essential nutrients
What like veganism?

Why are all vegans skinny nu-male liberals?

By what means would the diet have caused that? Also, were vegetables not included or did you just forget to list them?

Why are all non-vegans morbidly obese redneck conservatives?

So 99% of the world is obese and redneck? You're the weird one kid

The more meat a country eats, the more obese it is.

vegan diet is health-

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/aug/11/why-we-fell-for-clean-eating

cal.
>cut

what? are you 300lbs or something?

>gingivitis caused by vitamin c deficiency
you're legit retarded, do you know how little vitamin C you have to eat to get gingivitis?
he'd have to be living on hard tack for 3 months

>diet is mostly rice, beans, coconut milk, soy protein powder, multivitamin

If 3/5 of the main components of your diet are complete fucking memes (coconut milk, protein powder, multivitamin) then you are a fucking idiot.

Eat some god damn real fucking food. VEGETABLES, FRUITS, NUTS and GRAINS.

If you think supplements are suitable dietary replacements for vitamins from real food then you have been severely jewed by the supplement industry.

You're forgetting fish and meat

You took extra vitamins/minerals and protein powder to make sure you got enough of everything, but you still had those symptoms? Normally when someone claims a vegan diet causes health problems they say it's deficient in nutrients but you can't say that in this case. Either there's an unknown factor unrelated to nutrition or it's in your head.

>a raw food diet that also excludes most vegan foods is representative of vegan diets

Strawman. That's like critizing meat-inclusive diets based on people who eat 100% raw meat diets thinking it's good for them.

Veganism also decreases cognition and maes one's mood eratic. It's very clear to see in long time vegans how easily triggered(both in the classic and modern sense) and jumpy they are.
Also most don't work in mentally or phisically demanding jobs.
And some fucknuts try to bring the fact that in some religion veganism was practiced. Well in Orthodox Christianity there are periods of the year- usually short besides the long fast b4 Easter- where one goes "vegan" but also excludes oil,wine and ideally sex. It's supposed to be a time of reflection and detachment from the phisicall needs of the body but profane idiots see it as a "cleanse"

maybe hes a confederate soldier you fucking ableist

Friendly reminder that we are being attacked by vegans with constant shilling and veganposting

mindblowing observation

for you

>tfw all I eat is beef, chicken, broccoli, rice and organ meats
>maybe sometimes a pasta or some stir fry
>haven't had a day with no meat for years (around a pound a day I eat) longer than I can remember
>a vegan day scares me
who else? It seems lethal to my gains

What's that based on?

All vegans need to be slaughtered like the herbivores that they are.

Feels good being (trans-)vegan. Can eat anything I want and still say you're vegan.

Im trying out veganism too. What were those proteins you could only get in meat btw? I know vegans have to take special care to make sure they get enough of those proteins that are difficult to get without meat.

Having above RDA vitamins can cause lots of problems too btw. Too much vitamin A can actually weaken bones

You're probably lying about this whole story and I'm not vegan but paleo is without doubt the biggest meme diet in existance.

I'm not lying about shit. A diet of meat+vegetables+token potatoes fixed me right up.

Yeah because we all know people that use the term "nu-male" are likely to be socially well adjusted and the pinnacle of human physicality.

Even "numales" are above Veeky Forums alt-right shut ins in the social hierarchy.

Is that why charlottesville declared a state of emergency over us, because we have no power in real life?

Thre's a theory that large omega 3 consumption helped accelerate brain evolution in humans. Most early civilizations were around the Mediterranean which evem today after millenia of heavy human population is still rich in seafood ,imagine what the fish quantity and biodiversity was like 10-15k years ago.
It's why veganism is mainly a mental disease,you can't argue against the consumption of let's say mussels on an ethical/health/enviromental level. They really don't have a brain and do not feel pain,barely an animal,seafood has by weight the highest concentration of micro/macronutrients a lot of which are hard to come by even in an carnivorous diet and mussel farming actually improves the enviroment around it by cleaning the area of excess algae. They are even used to decontaminate heavily poluted waters around harbours and shipyards

/pol/ is 99% virgins with no friends that are ugly, fat/skinny and underemployed/educated. I've never met someone with meme SJW beliefs IRL and all the liberals I know at least have gfs, friends and their shit together.

The alt-right literally consists of guys at the very bottom of the genetic and social totem pole LARPing as aryan ubermensche because they (at most) lift weights 3 times a week and read a few esoteric fascist books.

That's why women don't want anything to do with the far right. It's the absolute bottom tier of your race.

>having to do intensive research just to follow a diet without losing gains and slowly crumbling
>be surprised when people don't follow said dumbass diet

I even tried to do good research, hit all my macros, even tracked micros and supplemented hard and still got screwed up.

I think it's something inherently unworkable, like getting ripped on calisthenics.

In studies vegan diet is inferior to pescetarian/mediterranean/lactovegetarian anyway.

>Where's your berries? Where's your amla?
>Where's your hibiscus? Your green tea, Your black tea, your coffee?
>Your barley? Your bulgur?
gr8 b8 m8

This, vegans in this thread post cbt right now

>you'll begin to appreciate subtle flavours
>stock up on hot sauce
Tiptopkek you can't make this shit up

pic with timestamp skelly

>guy can squat 405
> stupidly goes on diet where his protein needs will not get met since plant protein has lower absorption rate
>unable to recover
>gets over training and deficiency symptoms
Natty strength lifting and vegan diets are not compatible you fucking dweeb. Your biggest evidence is that not a single one of the vegans here will post their body or their lifts.

> never try veganism
> diet is mostly eggs, meat, bacon, tuna, cheese and some bread, pasta and rice like a normal Veeky Forumsizen
> see posts in Veeky Forums about veganism being equal to eating meat for strength and size gains
> get enraged because this has to be shitposting, it goes against my deep rooted but otherwise unfounded beliefs that animal products are inherently beneficial to strength, bodybuilding, health and fitness and literally every single vegan is either anemic and skinny, or made all his gains on meat and is now losing them, or on steroids
> make shitpost thread on Veeky Forums full of lies to make veganism look bad
> a very low effort one at that, I provide no pictures, not a receipt of a vegan shopping cart, not before and after photos, no blood test result test comparison, not even a low effort fake MFP screenshot
> to get extra (You)s, I make sure to mention how I tried every vegan food, ingredient and recipe possible, tracked calories, "did everything right", and despite all that I claim to have gotten cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, Alzheimer's, Alzheimer's, Alzheimer's, ED, ADHD, dlyexsia, autism, osteoporosis, mecame 4'11 and my father left me for my gf
> switch back to meat, cut out grains, borderline keto
> dick grew 12 inches flaccid, height became 7'13, I have a harem, I'm so healthy doctors use my blood for steroids, I strict press Pyrros Dimas' CnJ, Rich Piana asks me for bulking advice, Arnie kissed my chest, Tom Platz asked for my autograph on his quads, Dorian Yates begged me to top him, I turned Matt Kroc gay and Keira Knightley sucks my 12" cock daily
> life is good, vegicucks got mad, I got (You)s
> now on to shitpost about whether ICF, SS or SL is better
> huehuehue

Keto is the final redpill, anyone who hates on it couldn't do it longer than a month. Once you kick the sugar addiction your body is god mode.

Of course I'm not crazy about the diet. I will cheat when I want to. In fact I stay I in ketosis maybe 7-10 days then I carb load on Friday or Saturday. Repeat. I'm starting to finally see my lower abs, all my life iv never could get them to pop out and iv tried every diet every exercise. This was the only way for it to work for me iv never been happier with my body

Quit posting my gf

Kek

post body with timestamp
It's the one thing vegans never do

>It's another keto shill thread

LOW CARB

LOW ENERGY

LOW TEST

HIGH ESTROGEN

Keto was not for me. Deep keto would give me a rash and you can forget about high performance in the gym or sport without carbs.
I switched to eating more like 100g of carbs a day, including some fruit although mostly low GI stuff like sweet potato, alongside my keto diet.
Rash cleared up, energy levels through the roof, much more energy during workouts and still losing fat.
The best bit about it is not having to replace my electrolytes all the time because my body wouldn't hold onto them in keto. Doesn't make sense to me that a 'healthy' diet is one in which vital electrolytes are purged constantly.
100g-150g of good carbs, no grains or refined sugars and plenty of fat has been best for me.

Post cbt cuck

ITT
>Aushwitz tier vegans trying to tell paleo chads how to live
>Get massively asshurt when they hear that their slow death lifestyle is impractical and rots you alive

What the fuck else is new baka

>that pic
I can't tell what real and what's satire anymore

>a nutrition class at your local community college

A nutrition class would endorse eating yogurt, eggs, fish and lean meat. What you meant to say was, "Take a propaganda class conducted by Ginny Messina or one of the other shills I approve of."

>my body defies science
>im a special snowflake

no they wouldnt, try going to one.

>doesn't eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds
>claims veganism doesn't work

based retard

Go look at any vegan bodybuilder on Youtube.

No, the
>Veganism also decreases cognition and maes one's mood eratic. It's very clear to see in long time vegans how easily triggered(both in the classic and modern sense) and jumpy they are.

What'd you get that from?

Wow, look at these weaklings

youtube.com/watch?v=tgjGzCfcN-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TyohN1LdFKI
youtube.com/watch?v=yLYoOTtFDqQ

>Meat is murder
>If you eat meat, you're not a normal person
>The diet is so complicated you have to take a course in nutrition
Eh, no thanks, I'll take dead chickens over this shit

www.cronometer.com

not hard

U just needed more fat bro

I'm in biology and I've discussed veganism with two of my professors who also teach nutrition. Both of them totally denied that veganism was healthy at all and stated most of what is said in every vegan thread on fit, that vegans are nutritionally deprived and vegan athletes are on so much hgh and steroids that it does not matter what diet that use.

>tell me about the feels, George.

Every major health organization in the world says that vegan diets are perfectly healthy. Some are even saying that they are nutritionally superior to omnivorous diets.

Your biology professors don't know shit.

Then why is there a mountain of evidence to the contrary?