Got Veeky Forums

>got Veeky Forums
>lost interest in vidya

Anyone else know this feel? How do I fill up my hours now that the easy dopamine hit of gaming has become meaningless?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bFtcLJVN8yg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>work out at home
>play vidya in between sets

Tinder and Bumble

Casual sex

This so much. At some point when I got in shape I lost all interest in vidya. Gf left me, so I started a tinder, and after my first one night stand I got a lot of pleasure out of it. So it continued, and now its a game of how many slam pigs I can stick a month.

vidya and casual sex is sublime

>have stresses and responsibilities of an adult
>lose interest in vidya

It happens. Ironically, if you had a hand-held it might be easier to convince yourself to play something for five minutes or so, compared to sitting down in front of the tv or playing a pc game.
That's been my experience of it, even if i was going to waste time anyway it just feels more daunting to waste that time on a proper console or playing a computer game instead of playing some shitty DS game while I sit on the toilet.

I am not ripped but I am old at 25. I used to be able to play vidya for hours when i was 18 but now I think my biological clock is ticking and I want a qt and to be a dad

>Quit playing vidya because it was eating up my life
>Get my shit together
>Become productive enough to have some free time
>Can't stomach the idea of wasting it playing vidya
I read now, obtaining knowledge is a much more fulfilling endeavor. Feels a lot better to have something to discuss with people too since no one I spend time around plays any vidya.

could it also coincide with the fact that vidya has declined over the last decade? games lack the heart and polish and depth of yesteryear; they just kind of suck now. pretty much the only game I play now is hearthstone, and every once in a while, I'll play a retro game with my daughter or something.

This was a big thing for me. I love Souls, I'm not claiming it's the greatest game ever but I myself enjoy it immensely. After playing all of them nothing else holds my interest. They aren't old I know but I feel like I'm just done, I don't need to play games anymore. It was somewhat depressing until I understood what it meant.

The new Zelda game was a religious experience man.

Maybe I can still be fit and also a fully function adult and still play vidya. Like I don't play it constantly like I did when I was younger, but I can go through a few games a year and still have time for everything else. Hell, my best friend works as an engineer, lifts every other day, and goes out all the time, reads, and still plays more games than me.

>got Veeky Forums
>only game that holds my interest for more than 20 minutes is Rainbow Six: Siege

Natty platty 2 reporting

Play Blizzard games and never be bored. I lost interest in all but these.

>A few games a year
I think this is a nice balance. I used to watch every new game trailer and read all the reviews and it was overwhelming. I played Nier awhile ago and that's been it, I don't even know what else it out.

>tfw no qt to sproink me

sometimes I feel totally Untouchable, and it saps all Impetus to go on.

yeah, I'm the same way. I still like to play games, but they don't capture me like they used to anymore. There aren't any games I'm looking forward to coming out. It's a bummer. Maybe FF7R, but they'll fuck it up.

the blizzard games are the only ones that I like to play nowadays, except overwatch, it's too repetitive

>not Grindr

You have to go back

This, been playing WoW again since quitting a year ago, and I've been having a blast.
Their other games are a shitton of fun too, been playing Overwatch with friends and stuff recently as well.

>has ahego anime picture on his computer
Good luck with that faggot

how old were you when you quit and how much did your life improve?

>not buildabear workshop

Kys

Idk if it's because I started working out or if it just happened anyway, but yeah. I just started playing Skyrim (in a dedicated way) and I've realized that even if I find it cool and enjoy it, I spend just as much time playing as I do thinking "I could be doing something else".

I guess it's just not really captivating anymore. Every now and then I find stuff interesting, like I'm downloading DOOM as I write this, but just random games don't mean much to me anymore. I'll stay interested for like a day before I go back to shitposting here or lifting or something else.

It's not so much that I lost interest as it is that with all the time spent lifting/eating/working I just don't have the time for it. My old vidya friends even asked me if I think I'm better then them now. (I am) but that's not the reason I don't game with them, I just don't wanna waste my fucking life anymore.

I quit about 2 years ago. I wouldn't say it's as if my life magically turned around and I still have a lot of stress but I feel better about dealing with it because I'm not ignoring it for vidya. I was 23 when I quit, and now I'm looking to move in with my girlfriend this December. I'm looking at either getting a degree or getting certified depending on what I want to do and I now have 3 years of consistent lifting under my belt. Before I quit I was simply existing, I expected something to happen that would propel me into success. Now I'm working towards creating my own success. I'm not saying it's the case for everyone, obviously the time I wasted was on the extreme side but it wasn't hard to suddenly have no free time because vidya ate it up. My two roommates still spend all day playing vidya and it's hard to watch someone just exist like that with no lateral movement. It's fun sure, but all that time gets you nowhere in the end unless you play professionally or make a living from streaming.

It says a lot that people who are still stuck in the cycle imagine that those who escaped it have some sort of superiority complex.

Same, haven't played civ 5 in almost two years. To be quite honest with you though, I just watch youtube and browse Veeky Forums more.

I feel like I need to clear up the fact that while I said no one I spend time around plays any vidya my two roommates play all day. That's the thing, we never spend any time because they're playing vidya and they do nothing else. I went from talking to these people daily to saying hello every once in awhile.

I think it's a total farce to believe that we have to be industrious all of the time. I have a house, a wife, two kids, and if I wanna play vidya for two hours at the end of the day, I will, dammit.

I never claimed to be Johnny Workalot, I just spend my time in different ways now.

How is bumble, anyway?

i'm glad you turned your life around but you do come off kind-of fedora-ish

>nyehh obtaining new heights of intellectual prowess I spend my time siphoning knowledge from the written well of information that is books.

most people can moderate their gaming life and professional life well enough anyway, if not obviously just do what this guy did.

I knew I would come off kinda snobby elitist when I posted that. I dunno how else to word it really but I don't mean it that way. I just like to learn things these days.

>Obtaining knowledge
>Fulfilling endeavor
I think it's right there. Learning things is great, acting like it's taking you on some sort of monk-esque journey to enlightenment is sort of snobby.

Don't worry about it dude. It's just brainlets getting jealous and feeling persecuted by your superiority.

Fuck I know this feel
Now I just watch YouTube and shit

Read. The purpose of life is to find balance. You're doing great by working out but what are you doing to strengthen your mind? Go to Veeky Forums and ask for babby's first mental strengh-training.

youtube.com/watch?v=bFtcLJVN8yg

It works for me

I'm learning guitar atm and i enjoy it much more than vidya. Mind you i mainly play counter strike (still do) so i like the feeling of getting better at something by putting time into it.

i smoke rock and gamble my mcdonalds paycheck, i owe 200k now

Are you me? Gaming totally lost its fun after I started working out.

now doing a dropset makes me feel better than playing any vidya

Better than tinder

>Read books
>Practice instruments
>Learn a skill like programming on the internet
>Do literally any of the 100000+ different skills available to you these days

You have honestly got to be the most boring fucking person if there's nothing that interests you beyond gaming.

OMG I totally thought I was totally fucking something up feeling this way.

I'll come home from work, use my home gym and hour for so, and all after I want to do after that is watch twitch and do chores around the house. I just have no interest in grinding some MMO at all.

>tfw finally in shape to make accounts but scared because kissless virgin and never learned how to put myself out there

What if I get no matches?

All I do outside of work/sleep is lifting and watching let's plays of video games.

The only time I even play video games is like 3 hours of WoW raiding tomb of sargeras and playing fate:GO on my phone.

I only play single player games once in a while now, something like platformers or metroidvanias.

If you play a lot of video games past a certain age I think you should at least be good at them. I have a friend who's a "gamer", and every time I go over, no matter the game I'm already better than him after 5 minutes. Like if you spend so much time and money on something you should at least improve. It's like never getting past the novice stage in lifting.

>worried about what people think

never gonna make it

Just don't be a pussy and NEVER start a conversation with "Hey."

Say something about their profile or photos or name if their name rhymes/sounds like something else

Like a girl named Ruby "I prefer Emeralds"

The only thing I can stomach for

enjoy your time how you want

I replaced vidya with Veeky Forums and reading. Whatever makes you happy bro

Same bruh

I'll feel like playing a game, start it up, look at the menu for a few minutes, then just close it down.

Its actually annoying because when i have down time - for example I have nothing going on this weekend - I just get super fucking bored. At least before i'd no-life game through these boring ass periods.

same, i just sit home and do nothing, i have plenty of games to play and just dont

>always
>we lose
The only constant is you

Why do you think I'm a virgin?

crypto or robinhood?

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Veeky Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Veeky Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

Are you me?

the only games that interest me anymore are ones where i can be as shitty and chaotic as possible

give gta V a try, the online portion of it is absolute perfection for letting out any autistically nihilistic, socially maligned tendencies, other than video games i fuck random whores raw, do a shit load of coke, and punch out car windows while i'm taking 3 am night walks, those may also work for you

God that sounds fucking disgusting

kek

How so?

Maybe the gym becomes our grind instead of gaming, seems that way for me.

*tips fedora*

>this
I invest my "grind" effort into the gym now.
I used to grind video games, but now I lift.
When I do play games now, I just fuck around in multiplayer for a few minutes.

Brain gainz are a thing.

Good on ya, mate. It's the ones that are never functional adults that make those of us who are look like successes.

Learn an instrument bro, do you have any favourite artists?

John Mayer's Live in LA album is what pushed me to learn all that shit on the guitar, best decision of my life.

I unironically do this with hearthstone, wearing a onesie. Home gym masterrace

>"I prefer Emeralds"
inb4 "then go find one, asshole"

Eh stop being a fucking loser and get a real hobby like auto mechanic, electronics, climbing, or scuba diving. It's a big world out there

>Graduated med school and became a doctor
>No time for vidya

You can fill the hours of easy dopamine by being a competent non-inbred member of society

That's literally not true. Med workers have the highest rate of divorce and depression.

yes, it will come back when you're going to drop out and going to take it in a healthy way.

Im no longer autistic about playing games aka spending 12-16 hours a day grinding them.
Now on the weekends I just play a few games of CSGO and I suck anyway so theres really no pressure to play a ton to try and get good

K babe, I'll just kill all my free time with a job

Lol

I'm noticing a lot of you replacing vidya time with youtube or something else equally (or more) worthless.
Is it a lack of interest in vidya or a lack of mental energy to expend on them?

Read a book you dolts

Yep, used to be addicted to vidya now im addicted to lifting, MMA training and fucking

I don't get it. Nothing wrong with quitting video games if that's what you want to do but what caused so many of you to drop them? Especially when a lot of these posts are just people saying that now they just watch YouTube videos or do literally nothing instead.

If you really want to find something else to do just look at the list of boards we have here. There's a bunch of shit you could get into. I'll probably keep playing games until I die desu

This OP.
I went scuba diving near Puerto Vallarta last week. Shits crazy yo.

hotter women and they have to open

I agree with this. I find like one game a year I like. This year was persona 5. Last year was deadly premonition

Gf just left me and I'm also bored of playing games. So fucking bored 24/7, probably going to do another cycle

>25
>Old
This is surely a meme, men usually get better with age

for sure; i only ever play vidja when my friends are on, and that's pretty much limited to overwatch at this point desu

lost fat got Veeky Forums, still play video games up to 4-6 Hours, guess I can't really kill that nerd in me, but at least I spend more times in other hobbies like guitar, and construction

I switched from MMOs to playing melee 4+ hrs a day.

Yes Im currently experiencing that in my mid 20's.

I've recently become much more cognizant of the scope of my lifespan and the creep of middle age. Call it an existential wake up, but I have less patience for instant gratification and fruitless pursuits than ever before.

Whether it be some bullshit Ubisoft collecathon, hardcore multiplayer game, #xyz netflix binge watch. It feels like a lot of consumer entertainment is just a hamster wheel of dopamine hits.

Thats not to say I've completely written off Vidya. It just needs to feel like the one I'm choosing to play has something of value I'm taking away from it: be it unique narrative, innovative mechanics or technology etc.

It feels like most videogames either fall into the camps of dopamine slot machines where you're just checking off items on a list or getting your numbers higher, or actual attempts at creating meaningful art.

You can still play games. Just gotta be picky and don't over do it.

>dopamine
stop thinking of shit in those terms, it doesn't work like that
dopamine is motivation, not pleasure

>being a wagie

No thanks

>got a PC with gsync monitor and nvidia card
>can see 10x more detail than on PS4
>vidya is fun again
>lifts suffer

That's because you are a newfag

once you stall hard after two or three years lifting you will be back at those hobbies

I dropped chess for a long time when i started lifting, now i'm taking it back again

I still play vidya occasionally, but there's very few games that hold my interest. Looking forward to Sonic Mania.

Go fuck yourself you smug, assuming cunt.

I started making music

theres still a few games in my life

Learn to program my nigga

>got Veeky Forums
>Still hunt platinum trophies on the pisstation consoles and play "competitively" in fighting games where I just drown in pools

>Get Veeky Forums
>Can no longer stand the modern state nu-vidya but instead have learned to appreciate the aesthetics of classic video games

I want to go back.

whores?