Getting vegan protein is har-

>getting vegan protein is har-

Other urls found in this thread:

beefmagazine.com/blog/are-vegetable-proteins-equal-protein-beef
journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088278&type=printable
journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088278&type=printable
notrickszone.com/2014/03/30/university-of-graz-study-finds-that-vegetarians-are-unhealthier-more-mentally-disturbed-than-meat-lovers/#sthash.SLMXIWZN.dpbs
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/97/1/127.long
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/aug/11/why-we-fell-for-clean-eating
ncsoy.org/media-resources/uses-of-soybeans/
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

counterpoint

kys yourself soybeast

beefmagazine.com/blog/are-vegetable-proteins-equal-protein-beef

>purposefully shitty rebuttal

Get a better bait

>just making up numbers

>one cup of broccoli contains 31 calories, which means you would have to eat more than 3 cups of broccoli to get 11.1 grams of protein

> A new study from the Medical University of Graz in Austria finds that a vegetarian diet — characterized by a low consumption of saturated fats and cholesterol that includes increased intake of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain products — carries elevated risks of cancer, allergies and mental health disorders. Vegetarians were twice as likely to have allergies, a 50% increase in heart attacks, and a 50% increase in incidences of cancer.

>Overall, vegetarians were found to be in a poorer state of health compared to other dietary groups. Vegetarians reported higher levels of impairment from disorders, chronic diseases, and suffer significantly more often from anxiety/depression.

>implying i can digest 300g of broccoli each time i want 10g of protein
i can't

>ad hominem

holy shit, link? will vegans ever recover?

Why do you always make the same thread, user, especially when you already got wrecked ina previous one?

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes…

if ur vegan/vegetarian you're fucked up on a different level, prob have low test too, doesn't surprise me they would be weak and sickly

vegan berrypickers are the descendants of homo erectus beta males who were too weak or deformed to hunt with the boys

>vegan/vegetarian you're fucked up on a different level

They can't into B12.

they literally have to take supplements or blamm B12 to function.

>If you have to supplement, your diet is insufficient by definition.

>tfw descended from generations of farmers that would get up at sunrise and did physical labour all day, strong and tall men with the most land and best crop yield were considered the most attractive mates, culture places strong emphasis on physical attractiveness in females

>plant "protein"
>false numbers
Last time I checked raw chicken breast was 20 grams of complete protein per 110 kcal, beef can't possibly be that much behind
Good luck eating 10kg of broccoli for 100 grams of incomplete protein though

I would get my daily protein intake eating that thicc girl's ass. damn

Broccoli is gross you fucking faggot

>beefmagazine.com

regular people should take b12 as well. meat has very low percentages of b12.

>beefmagazine.com being less biased than veganstreet.com

>Humans couldn't survive before B12 suppliments were invented deSu!!

Ok.

>per 100kcal
>not per 100g

You should mix your protein shake with rocks, It has a better grams of protein / kcal ratio than using milk.

what a bullshit study. i looked it up, btw, link is here for transparency:

>Overall, 15474 individuals, aged 15 years and older,
were questioned in computer-assisted personal interviews (CAPI;
54.7% female; response rate: 63.1%).

>While 0.2% of the interviewees were pure vegetarians (57.7%
female), 0.8% reported to be vegetarians consuming milk and eggs
(77.3% female), and 1.2% to be vegetarians consuming fish and/
or eggs and milk (76.7% female).

>Participants described their dietary habit, without interviewers
giving a clear definition of the various eating categories. Since,
overall, only 2.2% of all participants consumed a vegetarian diet,
these individuals were analyzed as one dietary habit group.

wow, 2.2% out of the control is only 330 people! and only 30 of them were actually vegan. the vegetarians listed ate milk, eggs, and fish.

so by your guys definition, eating healthy ass MILK, CHEESE, EGGS and FISH, they should be fine, right? muh protein, b12 and omega-3s?

notrickszone.com/2014/03/30/university-of-graz-study-finds-that-vegetarians-are-unhealthier-more-mentally-disturbed-than-meat-lovers/#sthash.SLMXIWZN.dpbs

the links

probably not enough or frequently enough, either that or their doctors advised them to modify their diets to include some meat once they got cancer

>and a 50% increase in incidences of cancer.

Like most "this cures/causes cancer" discoveries, this one is probably bullshit. It's just another datapoint on pic related

Source: ajcn.nutrition.org/content/97/1/127.long

B12 is made by bacteria so we used to get it from dirty water, dirty fruits and veggies, bugs like worms.

in the past century we've gotten a lot more clean so we've been able to purify foods and clean them of bacteria, so now we have to take a B12 supplement. meat only has B12 because farm animals eat all the dirty food and absorb it from there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12

see: Sources

highly doubt it. if this were a better study it'd account for that too though, so not enough information.

>calls my sources bad
>posts made up numbers that purposely distort the statistics

>meat only has B12 because farm animals eat all the dirty food and absorb it from there.
No. It's because they supplement the animals with B12 as well.

what numbers?

oh, that too. farm animals actually get a lot of meds and supplements besides antibiotics

tfw livestock are causing antibiotic resistant strains that will doom us all

Okay lets sum it up
100 calories of broccoli = 33 g
So 100g/broc = 11.1 grams of protein
100 calories of beef = 6.4 grams of protein
100 grams of beef = 294 calories
one beef = 19.2g protein
So
Three servings of 33g broccoli = 11.1 g protein
A regular sized beef = 19.2g protein
Spending time shitting all the broccoli has no price
Kys

Even if this shit was legit, why the fuck would I eat broccoli? Shit's fucking gross, my dude.

Get your raw vegan diet and be health-

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/aug/11/why-we-fell-for-clean-eating

broccoli isnt the only vegetable in the world. agreed nuts and beans are more efficient.

she's an extremist bitch, and of course if you ONLY drink green juice you're going to feel like shit

Broccoli has 2.8g of protein per 100g.

if you want to get 100g of protein from broccoli:

100g/2.8g = 35.7

100g * 35.7 = 3.57kg = 7.87lbs

brb eating 8 pounds of broccoli in one day

>makes you think and shit

yeah bro, just eat 3 full plate of broccoli, better than a good steak !

but i like violence, now what?

Awww, look at the poor little pussy vegans, can't handle the REALITY of LIFE on EARTH.

Do you watch Animal Planet and CRY when you see a lion chase down and KILL a gazelle, ripping into it with it's claws and razor-sharp teeth, rending it's flesh apart and eating it?

Guess what, pussies: THOSE ARE THE BASIC FACTS OF LIFE ON THIS PLANET: You are either PREDATOR or you are PREY. Herbivores are PREY; carnivores and OMNIVORES (like HUMANS are) are PREDATORS. Predators are at the TOP of the food chain; we MAKE THE RULES. Herbivores are FOOD; they are below everyone else, they are SUBJECT to the rules.

VEGANS give up their right to claim the top of the food chain; they go from top-tier Omnivores to being low-tier Herbivores; you give up your RIGHT to MAKE THE RULES.

Be glad that we don't decide to hunt YOU and use YOU for FOOD.

Vegans get cancer too. They also have all sorts of weird diet-related health problems because SOME MOTHERFUCKERS ALWAYS TRYING TO ICE-SKATE UPHILL.

ITS FAKE NEWS BROCOLI GOT 2.8g PROTEINS EACH 100G!!!

Good luck eating that much broccoli

Not even vegan but you're clearly illiterate. It's 11g protein per 100 cal broccoli not 100g of broccoli.

8.4g protein per 100 kcal in broccoli

>100 calories of steak
>37 grams

>100 calories of broccoli
>294 grams / 3.25 cups

yeah, I'm def. gonna eat a gallon of chopped broccoli / other veggie every day to satisfy my protein needs.

sauce?

Actual vegan here. (For over 1 year now)

I never read these vegan troll threads, but I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised to see this amount of vegan threads.

Trolls threads or not, it's keeping the thought of veganism at the front of your minds.

Eating meat is unnatural, stay woke.
>Humans only started eating meat because the ice age wiped out ~95% of plant life
>Human anatomy is that of a frugivore
>Vitamin B12 isn't found in plants today because of over-farming has reduced soil quality and the levels of cobalt in the soil needed for bacteria to produce B12, and because we over-wash our vegetables, and don't eat enough vegetables. Our ancestors had no problem getting B12 from eating vegetables, or insects.

yeah I'm not eating an entire bowl of broccoli when I could just eat a steak and get 8 times the protein. and why not both anyway?
steak + broccoli covered in butter + garlic + seasonings is best.

let me know when top tier performance athletes start going vegan, this is a fitness board

If I wanted to eat vegetables my eyes would have been on the side of my head like every other herbivore

nigga are you retarded? also, sage

Your eyes are in front of your head because our ancestors swung from trees and that required depth perception. (Example: Orangutans, and other close relatives of humans who eat a vegan diet)

Are you trolling? Because there are literally plenty. Baboumian - The strongest man in Germany, The Diaz Brothers, US Olympic weightlifter Kendrick Farris...

the meat has a complete protein and the vegetable doesn't. totally misleading propaganda. Im going to eat lamb chops in protest to this post. I was going to have rice and beans, but now, its murderlicious time.

Most food is fortified with nutrients lost through processing these days, so technically most of what you're eating is supplemented.

Rice + Beans is literally a complete protein.

Separately, no, but legumes + grains = complete.

>vegetarianism causes mental illness
got your causality backwards, buddeh

Vegans are literally eating chicken feed

ncsoy.org/media-resources/uses-of-soybeans/

eating meat, with its caloric and proteic density, is what allowed our ancestors to develop higher brain function and eventually evolve into the homo sapiens.

meat is literally responsible for us not being apes.

>let's stop eating it

kek

~75% of the food grown, a ridiculous amount of clean water, and 1/3rd of the livable land on the planet is given to farm animals (For a small return of meat food)

Farm animals are getting their protein from eating legumes, grains, vegetables, etc. I'm skipping the middle man and going right to the source.

Vegans are getting their protein from the same place that farm animals are getting their protein, and creating less waste, environmental destruction, and animal suffering.

>Walks to grocery store and purchases neatly packaged cut of animal carcass

>"I AM THE THE ULTIMATE HUNTER, FEAR ME"

>No source

I disagree.

Even if you were somehow correct, We are no longer evolving, eating meat isn't necessary, eating meat isn't optimized for human anatomy, eating meat causes cancer and several of the most deadly diseases prevalent, and most importantly: we have a choice.

We also used to rape our women, keep slaves and kill each other over scraps, let's keep that trend going too... for evolution of course.

>beefmagazine.com
Seems legit, totally not biased lmao

>We are no longer evolving
Of course you aren't, you're vegan

>We are no longer evolving

we are actually still evolving. our bodies are getting worse because of modern medicine.

humans with mutations who wouldn't survive into adulthood without modern medicine can now spread their genes, their children get the same mutations and maybe some more and need even more medicine to survive.

that's 300g of broccoli. half a stalk of broccoli. no thanks.

Obviously you wouldnt only be eatijg broccoli you dumb fuck. The point is youll be eating a variety of plamts and vegatables and the protein amount adds up throughout the day

I always loved broccoli, ever since I was a kid.

I could eat a stalk easy. Dafuq is wrong wit you?

this isn't just the crowns/florets. this is the entire stalk, florets, and everything. for 11g of protein. versus 85g of beef steak to get 20g of protein.

He wasn't saying that rice and beans is incomplete protein.

Yeah I always eat the whole thing. It's all edible and tastes good af. Stir fry n shit.

I know, I'm just giving him a reason to eat the rice and beans.

If you're living in western civilisation the only reason to eat animal products is because you want to, eventually the ignorance will all fade away and people will realise there is no better reason.

>unnatural
What does this mean? and why should I stop doing something because its "unnatural"?

>smug.jpg

BROK ONLY HAS 12 GRAMS OF PROTIEN A POUND

100 calories of brocoli is like a cup mate, its about a few more fuckignb bites then steak who cares. it doesnt have the fat, cancer, or heart disease, and instead has vitamins and minerals which actually is good for u. ur compromising ur health just so u have to take less bites of food lmao

I wonder if the person who made this was actually serious and trying to convince people that broccoli has more protein than steak. Literally the 3 options are he's a troll, he's retarded or he thinks people are retarded.

Well, scumbags. You've really done it this time. This influx of vegan posts made me watch the What the Health documentary, which was shit by the way. Doing research I've compelling arguments for both sides of the debate. The only way I'm going to cut through the shit and get the truth of it is by gathering my own data. Starting tomorrow I am going to eat vegan for 30 days. I'll record what I eat day to day, and write about how I feel. If I survive the ordeal I'll write a post and tell you guys what I've found.

Is 30 days really enough to feel any difference? Just asking

Some of us actually lift and would rather have full absorption of our protein

Has anyone brought up that broccoli also only has 1/2 to 1/3 of the essential amino acids as something like beef?

Vegans forget that vegetable sources are almost entirely incomplete proteins.

That is before we even touch digestion and bioavailability.

I dont know, i havent started yet. We'll see

100 calories of broccoli 6/10 of a pound, retard.

>it doesn't have the fat,
>Implying fat is bad
>muh sat fats are the devil
>cancer, or heart disease
And neither does beef.
>cancer
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>heart disease
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

Not a vegan, but let's be entirely honest here: the average 1st worlder nowadays eats SIGNIFICANTLY more meat than our ancestors. Our ancestors survived (after becoming part of settled civilizations at least) overwhelmingly grains and vegetables, with meat being reserved for special occassions (once a week at best). Nowadays, a lot of people actually eat more meat than vegetables.

Like with fat and sugar, this is a luxury problem. It tastes so great to us because in the past it was neccessary yet rare, so if we came across it, it was best to gorge ourselves on it so we could stock up on it for harsher times. Personally I think that we shouldn't all become vegans but cut down on our meat consumption, much like we must cut down on our consumption of sugar and fat.

You're talking about moral facts here, not dietary facts. Not an argument.

Insects are not vegan.

I'm considering going vegan, but it just seems fucking impossible to get to the recommended amounts of calcium without eating like 5 spoonfuls of sesame seeds a day. Do you guys think it's really necessary to get 1000mg/day? Some research seems to point to it being way too high, but I'm scared of osteoporosis.

Who use steroids. Those athletes would not be at that level as a natty vegan.