70% protein

>70% protein

Is Whale meat the ultimate meat?

Other urls found in this thread:

matportalen.no/uonskedestoffer_i_mat/tema/miljogifter/opphever_kostholdsraadet_for_hvalkjott_rettet_mot_gravide_og_ammende
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_meat#Toxicity
eia-international.org/whale-dolphin-meat-tested-in-japan-exceeds-mercury-limits
newscientist.com/article/dn2362-extreme-mercury-levels-revealed-in-whalemeat/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1241733/
quora.com/Why-does-whale-meat-contain-mercury
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xywndd/yet-another-reason-to-not-eat-whale-meat
bluevoice.org/news_worldfisheries.php
bluevoice.org/news_dolphinmeat.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

looks nice

you wanna talk mercury?

Has anyone here tried it? Also is it commercially available anywhere?

>muh mercury
literally never proven to damage your health in the amount found in seafood

There is very little of it in whale meat.

I've tried it, it's commonly sold in Iceland and any other country with a strong whaling tradition (although literally half of Icelandic whale is sold to tourists)
It tastes a little like lamb.

is kangaroo, dare I say, /ourmeat/?

Yes. Your mum sells herself on Craiglist for $25.70, half hour special which includes natural, greek and CIM negotiable.

Kangaroo is very tasty

what is bio-accumulation >>>???

No, there's better.
only fucking nips and subarctic countries are into that.
quite the opposite.
not him, but mercury is seafood is directly related with the size of fish&sea mammals. Whale and dolphin easily exceed any mercury limit (plus other toxins).

Roo is kind of like a strong, naturally salty beef. I like it but it's an aquired taste. They make good sausages.

>what is bio-accumulation >>>???

I'm sure you can google that if you don't know.

Yep, it's really good. Live in Norway so they sell it in grocery stores.
It's like a mix between steak and elk meat. It's a mammal not a fish, so you cook it medium rare like a regular steak.

>Whale and dolphin easily exceed any mercury limit (plus other toxins).

But whales certainly don't.

I eat it about twice a month (live in Norway) and it's pretty delicious actually

Problem is that roos literally overpower strayans with their muscles and the strayan women keep falling for the bkc. We should probably just eat Australians instead

Whales certainly do exceed mercury and other toxins' limits. Why are we even discussing something you can check using an internet connection. If you've very specific odd arguments show them, otherwise it's pretty pointless.

What's boneless chicken breast? 99%?

how can white bois even compete?

around 80%

That was not funny or original at all

If I wanted to talk mercury I'd ask for your 1 rep max

mirin'

>Whales certainly do exceed mercury and other toxins' limits.

But they literally don't, you lying fuck.

matportalen.no/uonskedestoffer_i_mat/tema/miljogifter/opphever_kostholdsraadet_for_hvalkjott_rettet_mot_gravide_og_ammende

Jävla norrbagge stick

a true Nords primary protein source is Reindeer meat

Sorry, I don't speak viking.
>lying fuck
there's nothing to discuss about if you're intellectually dishonest. Here is just the first google page for "whale mercury"
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_meat#Toxicity
>eia-international.org/whale-dolphin-meat-tested-in-japan-exceeds-mercury-limits
>newscientist.com/article/dn2362-extreme-mercury-levels-revealed-in-whalemeat/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1241733/
>quora.com/Why-does-whale-meat-contain-mercury
>motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xywndd/yet-another-reason-to-not-eat-whale-meat
>bluevoice.org/news_worldfisheries.php
>bluevoice.org/news_dolphinmeat.php
Here's my last (You), have fun kid.

>newscientists
>vice.com

These are literally anti-science and by using them you've automatically lost every bit of credibility.

kek

Kangaroo is the best. Its super lean, tasty and cheap.
I use it in most of the stuff I eat.

Mince for rissoles for my lunches, in spaghetti its good too, pretty good with just some eggs or whatever for a high protein meal.

I'm from Iceland and can confirm it is a delicacy.
would eat more if made more available cause most of it goes to the tourist business and sold really expensive.
you can purchase it in markets but you gotta be fast.

>have fun kid.
>kid
Found the teenager.

What in the actual fuck am I looking at here.

Zyzz ate kangoroo on a daily basis

Reindeer meat, mashed potatos and lingonberry jam

:D

So good.

the best source of insect protein is crickets and they are 55 g of protein in 100 g when baked
Roaches have 32 g

Get some dried fish from Asian stores. It has 60g of Protein in 100g. It's cheap and also edible for forever.

King of foods right there.

It does but you have to eat it like twice a day for 10 years

I'll stick to kangaroo, why would I want to eat endangered species like whales?

*eats 500 crickets for 55g of protein*

looks like some high quality meat. id try it if given the oppurtunity

just get cheap, inexpensive cricket flour and use it to bake sum BREAD

I live in Japan and this is correct. Octopus and squid have lots of protons compared to their low calories. Whale is delicious in all forms. Horse meat is as well, can even get it raw some places. Seafood is where it's at for healthy eating. It's unfortunate that in the US and other places fish and seafood tend to be expensive and poor quality when bought.

Whale meat is the GOAT meat,you still haven't named a meat higher in proteins.

Tried it once in Japan. It tasted like goat or sheep with the typical daltiness of seefood.

not the guy you were banting with but another viking.
if you are going to get killed by a little meat you most certainly are not going to make it faggot.
and everyone knows vice is populated by limbwristed faggots so you kinda shot yourself in the foot.

not him but I'd guess you're actually "other viking", since you're straw-manning like him. the guy you're quoting literally copy-pasted the first google page results (try the same search yourself) with plenty of acceptable references to prove the viking he wasn't intellectually honest about it and you choose to cherry-pick a single hit, crafting any kind of rhetorical fallacies in the process. Doesn't this game become stale pretty fast?
The "real men shall eat mercury", "lmao if you can't take toxins you aren't gonna make it" doesn't even make sense and it's a further goalshifting.
In those pages I see that whales in Scotland/Japan have invariably high mercury. Some whales have more mercury than others depending on their trophic level. But still we're talking about something wildly above limits deemed safe. Some of those resources report mercury at x900 the governmental limit. And even more.
The single post of the viking, translated with google, seems to address the safety of whale meat/whale cod liver oil (?) in vikingland and it seems to point out that assumption of whale meat was deemed unsafe for pregnant women up to a certain date, then further analysis revealed that whale cod liver oil (?) was not so polluted. If we look at what we have on the table of both sides, we shall conclude that whale meat most certainly contains mercury and very likely it contains unsafe levels of it (just to limit our analysis to mercury). It would be lovely to have something more than a press statement from that .no source. Like, you know, a paper used by this NFSA to base their statements directed to the concerns expressed by their dietary council. There's some reference to some tests.
Honestly, people in those regions should eat like that because, you know, there's nothing more to eat. So I'm not really surprised a governmental body tries to address concerns of a dietary council in a press statement. It's like USA defending corn or the Mediterranean defending olive oil.

Jesus christ that's good