People who have done full body and splits(ppl included) which routine worked better for you?

People who have done full body and splits(ppl included) which routine worked better for you?

Fullbody everyday

Split for aesthetics, mostly the delts and arms, which build your silhouette.

For strength full body.

Full body 3-4 times per week.

Depends on your total volume and exercise selection

Was going to ask this qtddtt, but instead I will ask here. Please rate my routine I'm for a mix of hypertrophy and strength.

Train/rest/t/r/t/r/r/
Sqats / deadlifts 1x5
Beach press 3x10
Barbell row 3x10
Benin the neck press 3x10
Weighted pull-ups 3x10
Overhead triceps extentions 3x15
Preacher curls 3x15
Lateral raises 5x20

I'm at 1/2/2,25/3,5/ now

5+ year lifter here.

PPLPPLX has given me my best results.

3/day week FB was fine for maintaining strength and maintaining size on the bigger muscle groups, but it sucked cock for overall size and lacks on smaller muscle groups. 5/day bro-split was shit because of obvious reasons.

If I just wanted to lift for HEALTH and GENERAL STRENGTH, I'd do a 3/day full body.

If I just wanted to lift for AESTHETICS, I'd do a 6/day PPLPPLX.

Doing the standard bro-split is just retarded.

What about PPPPPPL?

Hawe you done GVT? If yes what do you think about doing it on every push day with bench and on every pull day with rows?

I was getting best results with full body 3x or 4x a week

Obviously with that frequency you adjust your training style for easy and difficult days

You can find the templates for Dietmar and Sheiko on powerliftinggeneral.com

PPL was fun-ish but i didn't get anywhere

>PPL was fun-ish but i didn't get anywhere

You should really mention what you mean by that.

Obviously you "wouldn't get anywhere" on PPLPPL compared to an actual proper evidence based scientific routine when it comes to maximising your overall strength, but if we're talking about maximising overall body-composition....that's another story.

Not everyone gets development their traps, calves, and arms by just doing the big compound movements, and even if they do, it's generally not optimal growth compared to the bigger muscles groups like the chest, quads and back.

Sure there are people who get away with it and their smaller muscle groups keep up with the big ones, but for guys like myself, the smaller muscle groups just fall further and further behind the bigger muscle groups when running a Full body routine.

That a lot of ps

She was so much hotter before the tattoos. I had such an insatiable boner for this chick, like jerking 3x/day for over two weeks, back before the tats.

Fuck now I'm even more confused

PPL worked better, continues to work better.

Whatever one allows you to spend more time in the gym will be better. I've never heard of a 6x/wk full body routine, but 6 day splits are common.

Third P is a cardio day for pussy.

What if I can only train for 5 days a week? would PPL Upper Lower be the best alternative?

AxBxCxx

I found that pic related works best for me, but I'm more interested in endurance training and running my city's marathon in 4 months rather than getting bigger and stronger at the moment...

I'm also running on average 50 miles per week on off days and shoving literally a fuck ton of food into my mouth like there's no tomorrow in order to maintain my ~185lb bodyweight.

>squats 1x5

stopped reading there as i already KNOW that this is complete dog shit.

>PPL

fedora shit

Full body. Going for athleticism.

Have done SS like routines and PPL, currently on PushPull 4 times a week.

PPL was great, but I could only sustain it by being unemployed for the summer break I did it, it's super draining and when university resumed I had to stop it.

SS routines will make you t rex mode, they're unbalanced heavily towards legs ultimately, and the rest of you will lag. Can't recommend.

PPxPP is going great, good fun and making progress everywhere.

Everything needs to be worked twice a week, body part brosplits suck and you'll forever remain dyel.

Can you share routine?

Dunno what your goal is but your ptogram defently lacks the lower body volume.

split, because seriously wtf am I wasting a shit load of time to try to "get stronger". am I competing in a strongman competition? looking good in tight fitting clothing is something that can be shown off on the daily.

No.

Why?

Honestly, split. I fell for the SS / SL meme and saw little to no progress. I was getting stronger but not bigger. With a split I can focus on parts of my body that need work.

I think the main problem with the full body routines is that they assume everyone looks exactly the same from start. When I started lifting I was a 6'1 120lb lanklet. I gained a couple pounds with SS and later on with SL but they didn't do it for me. Switching to a split has been the best decision I've made.

Fullbody works the best for me.
3 day/week gives me enough rest. 5x5, texas method, and some westside variations are what I have had some great results with.
Also some of Dan John's programs have helped