What broscience from normies regarding lifting that you see a lot?

What broscience from normies regarding lifting that you see a lot?

Other urls found in this thread:

renaissanceperiodization.com/lessons-recent-fat-loss-experience/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19384830
jn.nutrition.org/content/131/8/2150.long
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"You should start doing higher reps when you cut"

Most retarded thing Ive heard so far.

roids are bad

This isn't bad advice. You must be repping below 1/2/3/4.

"Why are you drinking those sipps, they're bad for you. "
- It's just caffeine
"Why do you need caffeine? People die from that"

I'm pretty sure I can outlift you fag.

B-275 S-435 D-475

Higher reps will cause you to lose muscle (while on a cut)

"neck doesnt matter! neck training is unncessary and can kill you. " - Pencil and Giraffe Neck asian friend who just started liting

Not exactly broscience but a lot of the dyels and normies at my gym seem to be under the impression that you need preworkout and protein powder to get gains.
Like yeah that green juice you keep drinking is gonna make your lazy workout ten times more effective, good job guys.

Veganism

>the squeeze

< this guy is correct. If you are on a cut its best to try to stay as strong as possible, desu you can even gain strength on a cut if you are very serious with your nutrition and workouts. In the event that you don't you can lose muscle mass in the cutting process and also lower your metabolic rate slightly which will make your cut harder.

"You can lose fat in specific places by wrapping a sweat band around problem areas"

this. i have gained strength on a cut even after lifting for 2+ years, shit's not hard if you're not retarded

>doing exercise X will give six pack

unfortunately, we lift the same amount

>5.) Training:

When I say “moderate volume” training, I mean around 14 sets per bodypart per week, usually around 8 reps per set. This style of training is great for both conserving muscle early in a diet and for leaving some breathing room for later training volume increases to occur. In the later part of my diet, I was able to switch to higher volume training (around 18 sets per bodypart per week, reps between 10-15 on average) and not lose any muscle because I was still quite sensitive to the hypertrophic effects of such training (having done moderate volume for so long). Like with most things in a fat loss phase, progression needs to occur for best results to continue, and training volume is no different.

Just keep in mind that your MRV (Maximum Recoverable Volume) will be lower on a fat loss phase than on a mass phase, so don’t go ham and push it too far. A good rule of thumb is to lower your cutting progressions to about 4-6 fewer sets per week than massing. So if you can handle 22 sets per week on average per bodypart when massing, maybe an average of 16 sets would be a good cutting baseline.

renaissanceperiodization.com/lessons-recent-fat-loss-experience/ from god dr. Israetel himself, where are your sources?

>I'm scared of overtraining

NIGGA YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRAINING 1/5 OF WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO OVERTRAIN AND IT'S ALWAYS NORMIES WHO TALK ABOUT THIS SHIT, LITTERALY CALM DOWN WHEN YOU FEEL YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU NO, AND YOU'RE SAFE

>Caps Lock is cruise control for cool fuck you

omfg this

>can't eat more than 30g of protein in one sitting otherwise your body wastes it

Not quite lifting, but closely related

>tfw

Tbh I hate it when I pick up a dumbbell and turn into Rich Piana

Everytime i hear normies talk about abs I feel like shooting up a school

The WORST by far is not lifting because:
>I don't wanna get to big
Said by females, obviously, I hope there aren't guys out there thinking like this.

I get dizzy a lot after Squats/Deadlifts I almost faint. How to fix?

>bench that super low

pretty sure your not aesthetic with those numbers

you must look chloe grace moretz or jason blah IRL

Neck training really isn't that important. It's for dudes in contact and combat sports to prevent injury

Coworker of mine said he wants to start lifting to build his chest and arms. His running apparently already does enough for his legs(he's a shit runner) and he "already has a back" so he doesn't need to work that at all. He doesn't want to get buff.

Note: He hasn't worked out at all.

Put the belt around your core, not neck.

>sort of fat guy asking how to get a sixpack
>I tell him about bodyfat percentage, calories, exercise etc.
>people look at me funny like I'm talking shit
>someone else says "just look sixpack abs exercises on youtube bro"

Breathe more between reps.

>lifting with hurt your health, you will have serious issues with your knees and back by your 40s
>the guy is 28 and was nearly shitting himself while carrying total ~15 kilos of groceries bags

> drinking protein shakes without lifting will make you fat

>only drinking shakes on days they work out

>I don't drink milk with my protein powder because it slows absorption

t. My mate who has been lifting nearly ten years and can only quarter squat 130kg for 1 rep and is small on a brosplit

this fucking shit

literally every single fat fuck at my gym does some sort of abs workout besides cardio but none of them lift actual weights

>higher reps will cause you to lose muscle

LMAO.
"Dude, your body will start to eat your muscle away!".

Higher reps only improve your muscular endurance, that's it. It won't make you magically lose muscles by using them.

>"Nah bro,i don't drink any of this protein shake bullshit,it's bad for you,i know a guy who used to drink it everyday and now his muscles are shaped weird,his abs became all asymmetrical and everything"

Not even kidding

>i cant imagine wasting so much time on gym like just get a real hobby
t. fat shit NEET who vegetates for hours every day and has zero obligations until september next year

I don't know if it's common but a few people I work with tell me
>Eat potatoes, it makes the protein stick to your muscles
I can't even begin to figure it out either. I mean, potatoes are cool but what?

>crossfit will kill you

wait
that is the guy from that tech youtube channel

T O N E
O
N
E

>I don't want to get too big

GODDAMMNIT YOU SCRAWNY ASS FRESHMAN YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO 'ACCIDENTALLY GET TOO BIG' NOW NEVER SAY ANY OF THAT NONSENSE AROUND HERE AGAIN

>you can get a good physique without steroids
lmao

I had a mate who wanted to get muscle reduction surgery on his legs. Because he gained too much while clubbing. And didn't look anorexic enough anymore.

>press ups and crunches are a waste of time that just let you do more of them

what is more of a waste of time is you manlets who do nothing because you won't even start with simple exercise like that

Chubby women jogging and doing cardio as if they will get thin, the worst bro science there is.

This. One old woman on Facebook uploaded a few easy bodyweight exercises and when I linked her to some neat (yet harder) core exercise YouTube video she said that she doesn't want to get too big and wants to be able to walk. Smh, bitch you'll be too weak to walk in less than a decade if you think going on all fours and raising your leg every once in a while will train you.

I found out that my boyfriend is a normie regarding exercise. He says deadlifts and squats with a barbell are too dangerous and he prefers doing leg curls and other machine stuff. If it's difficult and requires any effort it's automatically a meme apparently.

> Low reps for strength

Almost nobody I have ever seen who is actually strong does this. They all do 10+ reps per set.

dump him for being a faggot. he can't protect you anyway and he probably can't manhandle you in bed with his weak back

desu he is right :))

freeweights are much more likely to injure yourself with, I used to do a lot until I took my shoulder out for several months from pushing it too hard

I stick to machines now if I'm at a good gym, safety/proper regime > memeing about what number you bench

>B-275
>S-435

Another Rippletits victim

But he refuses to go to a gym, wants to workout at home, so he ends up never training his legs

>NIGGA YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRAINING 1/5 OF WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO OVERTRAIN
American education.

ok? Don't confuse that with using machines because that sounds like he doesn't

They are indeed dangerous if you don't know how to properly do it. It's ok if you have an experienced gym buddy or personal trainer to teach you how to do those exercises without hurting your back and knees, but all those newguys comin' to the gym for the first time in their life and doing something like pic related is just horrifying. It's wiser to avoid it than fucking up your back with free weights.

Daily reminder that pic related are the guys circlejerking here about "normies" and their "normie routines".

He is trying to find any excuse to not train legs, that's the point

Or you could just not be a retard who ego-lifts.

Are you retarded? Those stats are reflective of good total strength development.

I deadlift and squat myself, I know that. I only ever needed help from a PT with Jefferson deadlifts. For normal ones just practiced in front of a mirror. So you don't desperately need help. It are just excuses from him

It's reflective of a fatass who did SS

>get abs by doing ab exercises
>eating fats will make you fat
>super low weight high reps to get "cut"
>smith machine for compounds is safer and just the same as a free bar
My mother in law is a well of useless fitness information. She once told me should could squat 2pl8 at her best. I asked if it was on the smith machine, which of course it was. She got turbo ass pained when I told her squatting 2pl8 on the moon doesn't count.

Why do I need to keep proving you wrong faggots?

you can't be that fucking stupid.
You forgot one part. ( ON A CUT! )
If you do low reps on your bulk, and start cutting with high reps, you can say goodbye to your muscles.

Coworker said this when he started working out. His exact words were "I don't want to get ripped". Surprise - he didn't. He was a Canadian, figures.

Hahaha. I take bigger shits than you. Please take some time off from internet. You're making a fool out of yourself.

crunches are a shitty exercise

the opportunity cost of higher rep ranges can cause you to lose muscle. Your body is constantly seeking to return to the lowest catabolic state possible. When you decrease the most efficient form of muscular training (heavy weight low rep to target type 2x muscle fibers) homeostasis will eventually start returning you to a more efficient baseline state. Unless you are lifting high volume for less than a month or on a cycle the opportunity cost WILL rob you of some gains.

Not to mention anabolic windows and the effects of casein..

Caffeine is ~+10% performance.

Ashwaghandha is -30% cortisol and +15% test.

2-3 freshly crushed garlic cloves with 1-2g vitamin C is 300% NO boost with another potential 200-300% test.

4g/kg (recommended) of onion juice is a 300% test boost.

crunches have a tiny ROM. The entire ROM puts a shit ton of pressure on the cervical spine. If you do crunches at a decline, and hold some weights to enable linear progression and decrease the rep count below 12 then there is nothing wrong with crunches.

You are not wrong though. Normal Crunches are a low efficiency and high cost exercise.

>Calisthenics doesn't build muscle at all
1.5 years later and now they're eating their words
>You need whey powder otherwise you're wasting your time
Yeah, as if it's magic in a bucket
>ask me for a gym routine
Greyskull or 5/3/1 for beginners
>too much work, I don't want to get bulky
>ask me for a home routine
Show them a basic routine that even my grandma can hop on
>doesn't seem enough
Show them my routine and how to progress into it quicker
>I don't want to get bulky like you

mother
fuckers

I'm tired of these people

>I want to tone
>TONE

>Did you know beef is full of carcinogens

>people who give their weights in pounds

honestly bro I have no idea why people are harping on your lifts.
I bench 250
squat 340
dead 405

I think by the time I bench 275 I might have similar number to you. Easier to jump weight in squat than bench.

I am getting a kek out of how worked up you are.

>you shouldn't be doing the same thing week by week
>you should do this list of random exercises to hit everything, everyday

Anabolic windows and the effects of casein..

Caffeine is ~+10% performance.

Ashwaghandha is -30% cortisol and +15% test.

2-3 freshly crushed garlic cloves with 1-2g vitamin C is 300% NO boost with another potential 200-300% test.

4g/kg (recommended) of onion juice is a 300% test boost.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19384830

jn.nutrition.org/content/131/8/2150.long

Most normies and newbs do normal crunches though. At my old high school they were and still are a staple almost 2 decades later. There are so many better ab exercises that don't fuck with your spine - Russian twists, Hanging leg raises, decline crunches etc.

>everything, everyday
That's probably true though: muscle growth signalling lasts ~24-36hrs.

>It's not

No, dumb bitch, those are not excuses and he has nothing to prove to you or anybody else on this planet. If he doesn't like it - he ain't doing it. If you ain't happy with that then get the fuck out of that men's life.

>>lifting with hurt your health, you will have serious issues with your knees and back by your 40s

that true

>you can locally burn fat

>deadlifts are horrible for your back
>lmao why should I do squats
>just do bicep curls bro

They're all fags who will never achieve anything and live off from talking shit on internet.

>hey man how do I get a nice chest?
go to the gym and lift weights
>I don't wanna waste time and money on that, how do I get a nice chest at home? I can just do pushups right?
not really it's way more efficient to just lift weights
>ehhhhh

t. rich motherfucker with tons of time and money

why are people determined to try and find some fitness hack that lets them get swole without lifting?

laziness, a life of luxury and slave morality.

Just gonna say this, as a skinny pussy like you, I'd stop now. You obviously have no fucking clue what someone who lifts that much looks like. Fatasses have shit bench. They do NOT have a good bench, they are fucking WEAK in the upper body. The ONLY strong part of a fatass is their legs. And deads and squats use a LOT of muscle groups apart from legs.

>*woop woop*
Broscience patrol.. lowering intensity and increasing volume (from strength training to hypertrophy) is the topic, and neither sides are posting a source as of this post.

Insulin produces an absorption effect on muscle cells (specifically, post-training at least).

Nice body, user

At the same time he complains to me about the size of his legs, how they make him self conscious. He asks me about how to train them, I give him a huge list of exercises, but everything is too difficult or too light and then he gets angry at me. Any solution I give is bad. And I make him feel bad by exercising myself, it makes him feel insecure.

Is this pic legit?

just a quick reminder you are talking to an autist larping as a woman

I put up similar numbers, I'm guessing you're over 6' tall? Tall guys with a big reach often have unimpressive bench stats, it's simply a matter of torque.

Your body needs to complete 2 motions in a bench, a pectoral flye and a tricep extension. The closer your hands the lower the torque on the flye, like hanging a weight from your elbow instead of your hand.

For me I feel 2 distinct motions to my bench, if I'm gonna fail it's on the flye not the tricep. I could go up in weight by bringing my hands in but I care a lot more about arm strength than my pecs

I don't need no source. This is fucking logic.
Your body grows (your muscles) from adapting of what you do.

As I said before. If you do low reps and do higher while cutting, this can bring unnecessary changes with your muscles like volume/strength decrease.

Back to elementary school experiments bois Dependent/independent variables.

Why would you want to change something that stimulates your muscles while your main goal is fat loss at the time? That's pure autism.

>You shouldn't donate blood because then your heart gets bigger and you die of a heart attack

In general concept yes

close, 5,11.

>Don't go to they gym yet wait 30 minutes for me bro I haven't taken my pre workout yet

Yes I'm an autist, but I'm not LARPing. I'm not going to post any pics so up to you as to whether you want to believe it or not. I'm actually dealing with this.

ty baby. Nice camel

OBSESSED