Bumper plates making me itchy

so this might seem like a weird thing to talk about, but it's happening. i bought a pair of 10lb bumper plates for deadlifts, hip thrusts, etc. because i'm not yet able to use the 45s that came with my plate set. when they came they had these stickers on them saying, "WARNING: the state of california has determined that a chemical in this product has been found to be carcinogenic."
which was a little off-putting but i know california has a lot of laws and regulations when it comes to plastics and the like. i didn't think too much of it, though they plates smelled so badly i let them bake in the sun for a while to help get the smell out. but the more i use them the more apparent it is that they're making me itchy and red after i touch them.
what's going on here? and what chemical would they use for these that would cause this? i sort of want to buy new plates to use, but fear the chemical will be found in every brand of bumper plates.
plates in question: amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2XQGW0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

>buying low quality weights
>ever
enjoy your cancer brah

>letting your possible carcinogens bake in the sun before use

>low quality bumper plates
>putting rubber in the sun

rip in peace

Return them and show the pictures, get your money back

okay but again. what chemical could possibly be in here that would cause this, and how do we know that chemical isn't found in expensive plates too?

That's allery man. Do you have any known allergies?

you're allergic to some types of rubber
nothing special

google cleaning bumper plates. Since your's are recycled rubber, be sure the instructions are for that

wear gloves, clean, get over it

>keep using them
>get skin cancer
>sue them
>profit

>bake in the sun for a while to help get the smell out

Why would you do that. Buy a product called 303 aerospace at a vatozone and clean those plates. Or just wash them with dish soap to get rid of whatever chemicals were on it

>carcinogenic plates
>bakes them

Usually those warnings refer to Lead being somewhere in the product as California has extremely strict standards for how much lead can be in anything sold there.
Almost all glass products have that warning as well. Generally these products will still have well below the 'normal' amount of lead as allowed by most places, just not California.

Also looks like allergies.

I think you should be more worried about not being able to deadlift 135.

>"WARNING: the state of california has determined that a chemical in this product has been found to be carcinogenic."
Just a heads up. This statement means absolutely nothing any more

I work in a distribution and sourcing company. We require that this notice be on every single unit of packaging we acquire regardless of what it is in it. Even if the manufacturer has certification from the state of california showing non-contamination we don't give a flying fuck. The statement goes on regardless.

We aren't the only ones who do this. It's a standard practice.

Why?
Because of the way the laws are set up.

1) The labs that determine contamination are state owned by California
2) Lab results from other labs are expressly forbidden as evidence in defense in claims
3) All fines for non-compliance go to the state of California
4) The fines for non-compliance are not insignificant, and non-linear and arbitrarily determined. i.e. they can bankrupt your company for one non-compliance
5) there is no penalty for putting the warning on even when there's no reason to put the warning on it.

Also, forgot to add, even if the company doesn't plan on selling the products in california, we still mandate that the warning be on the packaging.

Why?

Because even if we only sell the products in Nebraska, if someone buys a bunch of them on closeout, then transports them to California and sells them there, we can still face charges of non-compliance even though we were not the ones engaged in actively selling them in California. And while we could defend ourselves against the charge, we would have to foot the legal bills to defend the charge.

>Mfw liberals actually defend this kind of government practice

>not baking your plates to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
not gonna make it

i'm a girl. up to 128lbs though so... close!

so what will you require your sources to put on the packaging now that you have to list the actual chemical in the warning?

You only need to list one of the offending "chemicals"

We're putting [LEAD], it's practically everything anyways.

have you considered the impacts that would have on your sales to say theres something in there that isnt on the list?

if everyones doing it...

Cholinergic urticaria may be why.

Do you ever look at the labels of your stuff?

>Your leather belt
Leather dust

>Paint Brush?
Wood dust.

You could make a shaving brush out of oak, badger hair, and stainless steel and still need to put this warning on the label because some fucking bounty hunter could come along and sue you for a couple pieces of wood dust in the packaging.

And because the burdeon of proof is flipped on it's head in prop65, you would have to prove that the contamination is either not from your product, or that the contamination was below the safety limits.

I assure you if you have purchased a mass market item that there's a good chance that the label warning didn't even need to be there because of any offending material. It was put there as a result of a decision to have an over-reaching protection against frivolous lawsuits.

As to whether it's presence will impact sales. We don't track that. We sell to retailer like Harbor Freight, Target, etc. As long as they're buying product by the shipping container full, we don't give a fuck.

Latex allergy?

Yeah thats bedbug bites my guy nothing to do with weights

Definitely an allergy to something - take some antihistamines and the hives should disappear. Perhaps leaving them in the sun caused the chemicals to unbond somehow. Either way stop using them bro