Rest-shaming

Who here has been oppressed by bigoted rest-shamers?

>be me at the gym
>sitting on chest press machine resting between sets
>middle-aged dyel goober comes up to me
>"hey if you're not going to use that get off so I can"
>stare at him, lost for words at this blatant restist bigotry
>he just walks away
>continue taking long rests

if he'd just asked to work in instead of rest-shaming me I would have said yes

Go to the gym to work out, not to shitpost user.

Why the fuck were you sitting in the first place? Walk around, nigger, do some stretching, breath, drink water.

lost at chest press

why didn't he just ask to work in?
if it was a machine that had plates, if he's so anti rest he can move them between sets

sauce pls

Why are old people always rushing you?
>Set my timer for a minute long break, 2 or 3 minutes if It's a heavy lift
>Old fat ass keeps harrasing me to give up the squat rack during my rests
>How many do you have left? Are you almost done
>when I'm done he says "oh wow finally"

>That guy who drinks water between sets

Shhh, don't tell him. Keep them away from the real equipment.

Stinky stinky bum bum! Go poo poo poo?

wheres that from

>someone asks to work in
>abandon all rest

>>"hey if you're not going to use that get off so I can"
He could've just asked to work in politely, I only act like a dick to people when it's obvious they're only using the machine/bench as something to sit down on. Like one time when I was in my sophmore year of High school, all of these normies where gathered all sitting at their own machine taking up space and just talking. Figured they were only resting so I just went on with my workout with the other shit in the gym, eventually after 20 minutes I got a bit annoyed and asked ''you planning on using the equipment or what?'' they immediately scattered like the normie roaches they are

SOURCE PLEASE

>sophomore year of high school
lmao

Never had someone tell me to move like that, if I'm using something and the gym is busy someone will ask to work in at the very worst.

look directly in his eyes, hold eye contact, dont blink.
> I'm resting between sets. You can work in if that i what you are asking?

He will either say Yes and be semi-apologetic, or continue rest-shaming you. Tell him your workout routine is none of his business, but you will let him know when the machine is free.

Just be polite but firm. Its literally the most alpha thing. Think of what a high powered businessman or lawyer would do.

>chest press machine
>dyel goober
umm sweetie you're dyel as well

Old people who haven't lived fulfilling lives and haven't properly accepted that their lack of happiness has always been their own doing tend to be pretty bitter and bitchy, quick to blame their bad mood and general dissatisfaction on anything and anyone other than themselves.

lmao

grumpy old men is due to low test, they are becoming women, and women are always grumpy if they aren't attracted to you

D-don't bully me

>Why are old people always rushing you?
because they're forever on the edge of death and have shit to get done so they don't become ghosts

I'm unironically turning into this and I'm not even old (23yo). I admit it's mostly my fault, though part of that is mental illness which I can't really fix

Can't fix but you can adapt to it and overcome it to some degree. Don't use that as a crutch or an excuse. You aren't the only one who has been dealt a sub-optimal hand. Make the most of it and work to improve yourself as a person.

>chest press machine
b-but why?

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

i missed this pasta

>sitting

I always walk around and flail my arms or some shit

why.. is this pasta ever posted

>middle aged dyel goober
Yeah that's the kind of guy who the chest press is made for

I d this and workout out home. Gotta keep the blood flowing.

I fucking hate when people walk around like this. Triggers my autistic paranoia desu, I have to keep glancing at them to check they're not creeping up behind me

I don't really mind people taking time with their machines, but there was this one case that really bothered me. When i was in a small gym this kid would do one set of baby shit bench weights in the smith machine, take about a 15 minute rest, and go for another set. He did this shit for 15 sets, but luckily he only took up the smith and fly machine.

>Gym bimbo has her fucking purse on a bench while she does good mornings
>Upend bench, purse contents scatter everywhere
>She gets all pissy and leaves
>I didn't even need the bench

*teleports behind you*

>be in gym yesterday
>doing bench press in smith machine, had a rotator cuff injury from a bike crash a few months ago and slowly building up strength again so taking it slowly with only 40-50kg or so
>big fat guy comes up after i finish third set of 5 and asks to work in
>i say sure, kind of thinking how he'll need to move the bench and change the weights and everything and it'd really be easier if he'd just wait but fine
>he takes off my 50kg and puts on 10
>i mean literally 5kg each side
>he then spends ages adjusting the bench til it's in the right position
>sits down and makes a big fuss over breathing and getting in the zone
>does like 30 reps as fast as humanly possible of this 10kg bar on the smith machine all while breathing heavily and sweating
>eventually gets up and motions for me to go
>massive sweat puddle on the bench
>nope.jpg
>"nah you're alright" and I go do some DB exercises instead
30 minutes later i finish and walk past the smith machine, he is STILL there doing 30 reps at a time, now moved up to 15kg

what the fuck is wrong with people

>go up to him
>"Hey are you using this?"
>"yeah"
>proceeds to do 20 sets of 20

That's what happens when you go to an engineering school and have a tiny gym. Fuck this place.

you know she has that "im only talk to chad and tyrone" face

why would a woman take such a degrading photo of herself?

whats funny about that

>degrading
but she doesnt see it like that
she knows she is showing a nice ass and that will bring her attention from males and if people ask she can say she is doing excersizes

>doing lat pulldowns
>getting my ass kicked, no energy today
>sitting on the edge of the seat, breathing heavily into my knees
>old guy walks by, about 80-90
>looks like slavic yoda
>says to me in thick eastern European accent
> No rest...no rest....
>walks away smiling and nodding
>add another 15 pounds and finish the rest of my sets with no problems.

Thank you, Slav Yoda.

>doing lat pulldowns

hahahahaha little fucking faggot

is this the fresh new meme

Why are American so polite. This thread just full of beta taking shit off pissy assholes. " How many sets you got left" answer with a shoulder shrug. "Can I jump in" answer "No". It's that simple boys.

yeah, lat pulldowns are meme dog shit. not new, though. maybe stop being an out of touch little faggot and get with the program, idiot.

yes i've been working on this meme for years at my meme farm

he's just being an autistic dyel to troll you, btw, just a joke

>lat pulldowns

who the fuk ist this semen demon?

She didn't take it lmoa. You think she has some kind of tentacle to hold the camera? People on this board, I swear.

are you suggesting she's a victim of photographic rape?

triggered, pudgy retard who does retard pulldowns spotted.

>Slavic yoda

>fresh
Ay Paco, maybe you should keep on up Veeky Forums, ay, esse?

post body

>pudgy little shit thinks he deserves to gaze upon his superior

guess again, obese retard.

>How many do you have left?
I just tell them i have 10 sets left which is usually true and they piss off.

>acts like his shit meme "exercise" is worth a damn
>asks someone else to post a body shot without doing so himself

0/10 faggot. go back to your reddit shit hole.

>tfw nobody rushes me EVER

feels great not being a little manlet shit who is an easy target for gym bullying LMAO.

post body

just say "im better than you are" and stare at them until they start crying

>obese retard dodging the point

if only you were this nimble IRL you fat shit stain

Honestly this looks like my gym.. never seen the chick though. If this is OC I'll kek.
The spots on the wood are identical.

You memorized where all the spots are?

I honestly don't care about long rests, though if I have it in my routine to work on the same machine. I ask how many sets, and if it's one or two more sets left, I go and do something else, otherwise if it's longer, I ask if I can work in, though I normally just go do something else, as most of the time, it ends up being completely free if I wait another 5-10 minutes.

>being a decent, kind person is being a beta
Once you begin living in a real house instead of an aluminum shack, you can start criticising other people

Being a good person is always a choice you frosted faggot

>chest press machine

>tfw manlet and swol
>no one bullied me at the gym yet

holy fuck this is highly accurate.

fat people dont think

>so they don't become ghosts

Lmao! Imagine that was a thing. "Hey Larry, best do some useful shit or your nigger ass is going to be floating around n whatnot, no heaven for you."

"Uhhhhokay, yoouu too."

As opposed to drinking them during sets?

You're obviously just an idiot. Don't confuse asshole for alpha. Now go outside and talk with someone real.

>Only superset, no rest
>Never use same equipment more than once per workout
>Dyels abandon their machines when they see me approach
>Cardio bunnies assume the mating position for the machine they're on if I come near them
>Bros beg me to work in
>Constantly curling manlets when walking around the gym

Feels good to be the local chad

wtf is this image

It's a shitpost to counter unnecessary pictures of hot chicks that are used to grab attention.

the amount of autism some of you must have to actually get upset by this shit

>he doesn't even browse tumblr for homosexual findom cuck captions

>breath
Don't fall for the oxygen meme. You don't actually need air, you only think you do because you've spent your life being told you do by people trying to make you feel small.

6'5 dyel never been bullied in my life

How new are you?

fat shaming and now rest-shaming what do you need to shame for next faggot

If someone would do that to me I would just go from squatting to goodmornings to ohp until they already left the gym.

how can a meme be so accurate?

You don't lift enough. I will take 5 to 10 minutes between sets and nobody has rushed me once because I most likely warmup with their max and other strong people respect each other and understand how hard it is.

Made me laugh in front of my co-workers. I should be writing my goddamn dissertation instead of shitposting on Veeky Forums

Muscle confusion for starters without even going into the full extent of why he would be using it, faggot.

>tfw actually saw those guys at the gym today

tfw this will be all of us one day

Because these guys exist at every fucking gym regardless of region.

>be me
>go to small gym
>2 squat racks
>couple old folks
>fat-strong-fat asian bro and his manbun boyfriend are regulars
>one qt thick girl who is only there once every 4 months
>entire cardio section and jazzercise area to keep women from clogging up the gym
>basketball courts for dindus
I've never had a problem there with any of the other folks, and the staff has always been very nice and remembers my name.

Freeze! Special Agent from the Department of Memes! Do you have a permit for that Meme farm?

>Mind if I work in with you?
>Sure thing
>How long are you taking between sets?
>4 mins
>4 MINS?!?!?!?!?!?!

>4 mins
plenty of time to unrack his shit load up your baby weight and do your set m8

Just be big enough that no one can hold eye contact with you cause you look scary af let alone talk to you