What if I just hike?

What if I just hike?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/the-easiest-exercise-with-the-most-benefits
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hiking doesn't really do anything except cardio. Backpacking, on the other hand, is actually pretty solid.

fat chicks like to "hike", dude

if you want to go backpacking for a week and eat 800 calories a day while expending 3600, that's different, but a lot of people take "hiking" to be driving to a trailhead and walking for an hour before walking back

also, there's literally no challenging trails east of the mississippi (and don't mention the AT, because it's only notable for its length)

The AT is challenging because it's rocky as fuck in parts and makes it really hard to hike at a decent pace.

your body breaks down on long treks, weight training can help you stay healthier for these trips.

jesus you guys are fucking stupid

I did Mt. Katahdin in an afternoon, dude. It doesn't compare to anything out west, and I say that as a Massfag.

You will lose weight, both fat and muscle.

Hiking is great cardio.
Much like playing sport it gives you cardio in an interesting way as a great alternative to monotonously running on a treadmill etc.

A 4-6 hour hike on the weekend is just as good as 1/2-1 hour of cardio several times during the week.

As mentioned already it won't build muscle no matter how tired your legs are the next day.
If you want muscle lift weights as well and make sure you eat enough.

hiking is a good time
>get a group together
>hike around in a beautiful canyon
>do some rock climbing
Live life

include some rock (or even tree) climbing during your hike and you wont need anything else

>Have been hiking with Dad
>He loves it and loves that I like it
>We went back to Cape Scott this summer
>He's beaming the entire way because it's been 45 years since he was first there and he's reliving his childhood
>Finally bonding with my Dad with something we both enjoy

Kind of unrelated to this thread but take your Dad hiking sometime, he wants to spend time with you and he'll love it.

I'm from mass what other recommendations you have for hiking preferably closer to 495 or not past Worcester and north of Boston

>You'll turn into a fat dude with 45 pounds of gear for a 3 mile hike
Or
>you'll turn into a """hippie""" who walks into the woods to get high

Do something else besides just hike

I love to hike on LSD, purifies my mind and body

Hiking is to a gym workout as backpacking is to a week of manual labor. Also hiking by definition is a single day activity while backpacking is at least one overnight if not several days or weeks. Plus if you live in the masterrace Western US you can gain 2000+ feet of elevation over a 15 mile, 8 hour hike with lunch on an overlook.

>What if I just hike?
like... forever?
go nuts johnny appleseed

>walking for an hour before walking back
this would benefit almost any of you here if you had the time.
t-nation.com/training/the-easiest-exercise-with-the-most-benefits

walking on flat paved ground for an hour a big guy would burn like 500cal. doing an easy hike that has some hills and any terrain that takes some effort not to fall or trip on rocks/roots thats like 700cal for 1 hour.

i bet you think your calves wont grow

hiking also good for mental gains of relaxation

i dont have a dad
i have two.

Works for this guy

which one?

>those calves
shit nigga fuck calve raises

Being a founding member of Delta will do that

>make fun of him for being a manlet I dare you

The flag is touching the ground, wtf.

hiking or gym here?

>Hiking difficulty levels

If you do regular 4 to 8 hours hikes, then yes, you'll Ricky be fit and healthy (watch what you eat).

It won't m you shredded like fucking Zyzz though. Just keep that in mind.

Rucking is actually quite nice, sadly not that much fun alone and my friends are pussies.
Great to combine with some rappelling and climbing along the way.