Are warmups a meme? They don't seem to impact how much weight I'm able to lift at all

Are warmups a meme? They don't seem to impact how much weight I'm able to lift at all.

>They don't seem to impact how much weight I'm able to lift at all.
that's not really what they are for
they're for warming up. before I did them, it was usually my third set I felt able to really move weight. even though it was more than the first two sets, it was actually easier.
now that I do 3 warm up sets, I blast through my 5 working sets
plus I don't need to stretch as much, at least upper body

They aren't really a meme. When I'm starting a workout it usually takes a set or two to really get into the pump of lifting again. If you start working out all rusty like that you'll end up sacrificing sets and gains.

Idk but I have a habit of jumping rope for my warm up but I enjoy it too much and just keep jumping rope for like 30 minutes then I don't know weather to go finish my workout or stop. Pls halp

>meme?
I will be laughing my ass off when you visit snap city due to bitch weights

I warm up at 75% percent of my working weight. Takes 30 seconds and prevents injury, so I'm on board.

i remember an analogy being something like your muscles are like a rubber band that you just took out of a freezer, they can still stretch, but its more likely to snap if you stretch it all the way. you gotta warm it up with lighter stretches before really stretching it out.

It's for injury prevention.

When you're in your 30s they won't be as much of a meme. Especially warm downs.

Ask Jean Pierre Fux. He didn't warm up once.
>pic related

>feel a twinge during a warm up set
>it gets slightly worse after adding some weight
>keep warming up until i work out the kink or if it doesn't get better i don't do a work set that day

if i just started at work weight i couldve snapped my shit up

>no safety

What a retard

310 kg was to him like bw to you

jokes on you, 310kg is my bw

Yeah and now he is dead.

Fucking brutal

Clearly not seeing as he snapped his shit up. There's literally no reason to not use safeties, especially when you're inside the cage anyway.

If there were safeties he would have stopped long before his knees fucking snapped.

is the neckpill a meme? You fucks already made me unable to wear jeans. I don't want to custom make my shirts because my neck is abnormally big

Warming up and stretching afterwards are your only way of avoiding a ticket to snap city.

And you will go to snap city, even if you aren't working out. I once did heavy deadlifts without stretching and i popped my back when walking down the stairs next day

Why no jeans?

because my legs look big as fuck in them, it's also very heard to fit a pair that fits. In chinos it looks normal and my booty is nice

I warm up with warm up sets. That's enough for me.

Don't static stretch before you lift. Not unless you're specifically stretching out an imbalance.