Cut help

Need some cutting help Veeky Forums bros. What do you do to get back on track?

>Down 30lbs but getting stuck at breaking 200
>Rough weekend of eating good ass food
>Pic related
>Tijuana Street Fries
>Inb4 stop being a fat fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting
researchgate.net/publication/8197557_Fasting_Unmasks_a_Strong_Inverse_Association_between_Ghrelin_and_Cortisol_in_Serum_Studies_in_Obese_and_Normal-Weight_Subjects
intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone-physiology-part-3/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20534752
researchgate.net/publication/21146412_Leucine_metabolism_during_fasting_and_exercise
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go ahead and eat that, just make sure to go for a 1hr run later.

Just fast for 4 days and analyze the results. If you have enough willpower it won't be a problem.

you can go for more than 4 but I suggest starting with that.

I've been counting macros but changed my targets recently to increase my protein to 1g per pound and finding it hard to hit my targets.

Fasting is a no go for me. Ive done it and it works great but after the fast my body become a bottomless pit.

Will power is the real issue.

What do you guys do to keep on it?

Well there's not much to say about willpower, either you have it or not. In the end it all comes down to whether you really want to loose weight or not. But it's not about the food, it's something that affects every aspect of your life.
Maybe you don't want to try because you're afraid of failing and if that happens you can say that you weren't really trying. It's sort of a self defense mechanism.

Also, what you said about fasting made me wonder if you're doing it properly. How long was your last fast?

I went from Sunday night to Wednesday evening with out eating anything.

I've found that once I start tasting success I fall off. It actually resonates in a lot of areas of my life.

fasting is a meme. I regularly wake up (now in fact) and have no food in the house, get distracted and miss breakfast for several hours or more. 2 meals a day is definitely a realistic goal. But no food at all is fucking crazy talk. Going 18+ hours without food is maddening, it's suffering, it's no way to live. You can have 3 nice meals a day and lose weight. God, I'm losing weight eating pizza and bagels. Just count your calories and do it for life.

Stop thinking about what you're willing to do for 3 months, start thinking about how you could eat for your whole damn life. I had street fries yesterday (korean tator tot nachos) so fucking good and I dont regret it, because I came in at well below 2000 calories for the day.

No one pitches fasting for life. Fasting is a tool designed by the fat and lazy as a quick fix to their problem so they can go back to their shit diet supposedly once they lose weight. It's stupid, just change your diet forever.

L O C A L F R Y
O
C
A
L
F
R
Y

>baltimore

You clearly don't know what you're talking about but hey, to each his own mydood

Maybe you're too comfortable with what you have right now that you hijack every chance of change

That's not an argument. Everyone ignore this useless post with no content and refer to actual reason seen here

>fasting is a meme.
>No one pitches fasting for life. Fasting is a tool designed by the fat and lazy as a quick fix to their problem so they can go back to their shit diet supposedly once they lose weight. It's stupid, just change your diet forever.

And you call this reason? All I see is your opinion, which I couldn't care less about

It's not opinion. Fasting is a terrible way to live. You can have well portioned meals. No legit doctor is going to recommend eating healthy by starving yourself. It's a fad diet. Sure, it works, you'll lose weight, but it's one of the dumbest and most painful ways to do it. It's not my 'opinion' that it's going to make you tired, cranky and generally feel like shit while fasting. That's what fasting does. Anyone seriously considering is looking for a short term solution, even if they don't know that yet.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting
>Dieticians and the UK National Health Service have categorized it as a fad diet.[7][18][19]

Is cutting supposed to be this miserable?
>losing visible mass so I don't look BIG anymore
>barely, barely maintaining lifts
>still lots of abdominal fat to go
>can't eat below 1200 otherwise I'll apparently die, but I should refrain as much as possible from eating over 1500-1600 so I can actually make decent progress

Dude I have been eating shit on IF and have lost 17 pounds. 2 months of progress, and I only fast during my work week.

>It's not my 'opinion' that it's going to make you tired, cranky and generally feel like shit while fasting
k then

also you quoted a Wikipedia article about intermittent fasting, but I'm talking about fasting, or water fasting.

I'll give you some reason if you want but I'm afraid you're not going to read any of this

researchgate.net/publication/8197557_Fasting_Unmasks_a_Strong_Inverse_Association_between_Ghrelin_and_Cortisol_in_Serum_Studies_in_Obese_and_Normal-Weight_Subjects

feeling like shit when you don't have dinner doesn't have anything to do with what goes on during a water fast. after a couple days your body enters ketosis, and the resting energy expendature increases, which means you're burning more energy than before starting the fast

also, fasting increases HGH levels, you can read more about it here intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone-physiology-part-3/

and here
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20534752

hgh also protects muscles from breaking down, which means you'll lose more muscle while on caloric restriction compared to what you'd lose during a fast

also, entering ketosis will increase leucine, which preserves lean body mass and can replace insulin in the processes of protein synthesis
researchgate.net/publication/21146412_Leucine_metabolism_during_fasting_and_exercise

1500-1600 is too low unless you're a 5' 110lb woman

t. captain lardo

I really don't think advocating fasting is a great idea, sure it can obviously be done right. It's just not a safe think to do. Also I'd rather just eat better and less than nothing at all. I just don't see it as a way to live.

>starving yourself is effective for losing weight

You don't need a single link to prove that. You're basically arguing that water is wet here. The body eats itself when you starve it, the science behind it is interesting, but you aren't addressing my main point. Fasting is a terrible way to live no matter how you spin it. My advice was not to bother with fasting

>feeling like shit when you don't have dinner doesn't have anything to do with what goes on during a water fast

Oh now? So the water fast has nothing to do with it? Feel free to clear up why starving yourself doesn't feel like shit. Be patient with me, I am eager to learn how to love starving.

This guy gets it. Better to build eating habits for life.

Fasting is something you should do like once a month, it's not like you're always fasting. To give you an example, I do 4/5 days of fasting a month, and the rest of the time I have 1 meal per day. And I'm not doing all of this to lose weight, I just feel better in general.

Also, I'm just trying to explain the benefits and show how it works because I see people (you) that don't know shit about the subject and just throw nonsense on their posts.

Fasting for 4/5 days is safe and it's good for your body, whether you want to lose weight or not.

If you're hitting a plateau then throw in two fasting days a week.

Also ensure you're eating in a shortened window. You want as long as a daily fast as you can manage. Ideally 16:8. It really helps control your insulin which is the driving force behind hunger and fat.

really isn't that low, it's about a 1000 calorie deficit for an average sized person when you factor in metabolic slowdown from a few months of cutting

>metabolic slowdown
>rails against fasting
>fasting has no metabolic slowdown associated with it
the fuck?

I find that crippling depression is great for cutting.
Then you further abuse yourself by running because you're a piece of shit who deserves pain.

Super good fun time motivation.

sleep more

1000 calorie deficit is too much. The question was "should cutting be this miserable", and the answer is no. Run a standard 500 cal deficit. You will feel like shit on a 1000 calorie deficit.