Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.

I start this thread with a pic of why you should never drink milk. Share your other vegan pics.

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/12/dairy-good-bad-or-ugly-latest-studies.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/07/cheese-your-health-cvd-cancer-metabolic.html
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2011.10719992
vegan.com/posts/vegan-dietitian-review-what-the-health/
google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://jn.nutrition.org/content/145/9/1981.long&ved=0ahUKEwihsI3g39fVAhVDKVAKHfHXD50QFggqMAE&usg=AFQjCNHAxs74LRNCIi0x3haqCZRuwcff8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am an omnivore and I will tell you why you SHOULD drink milk, and also eat their flesh. Also sage.

You are the proof meat eaters are retarded.

Neck yourself polfag.

I totally believe this image macro.

still a sage

How do I get enough calcium though? 1000mg a day seems impossible without chugging some milk

What are your guys' favorite after workout meals? For me:
>chickpeas, spinach, onion, chopped almonds, dash of brewers yeast
>guac
>all over some kind of grain like quinoa or rice

Here's a pic related.

here is the actual diet that works...for whites.

Neck yourself polfag.

>muh grass fed beefs!!!!
Right because that's totally sustainable

If you truly believe this pic, then you are a fucking idiot.

Peta? You mean the eco-terrorist group that like to bomb animal clinics and donate $0 to land conservation and management? Quite the reliable source you got there.

You do know that hunters do more to save animals than peta, right?

>cheese is dangerously addictive because it has an opioid effect
As if vegan leftists aren't all drug-friendly anyway
>literally being afraid of a piece of cheese
how little control can someone have over their life if they're afraid of a fucking piece of CHEESE

Can meat eaters disprove this documentary?

>inb4 wikipedia link

I'm not drinking bone broth like some idiot yuppie mom on a paleo cleanse just because muh cavemen

It doesn't matter where the facts are from.

Facts are facts.

yea its called jew producers

Stop using peta as a strawman for all vegans and develop an actual argument. I personally have no problem with people hunting for meat anyway.

Can we at least leave the antisemitism when talking about food?

You can be vegan and right wing, sorry your masculinity issues and tastebuds won't allow it

They can't. You'll just hear

>da juice

as has proven.

>As if vegan leftists aren't all drug-friendly anyway
Are they? I've heard they generally smoke and drink less than average

They are drug-friendly for harmless drugs like weed but they won't abuse cancer stuff like cigaretts, alcohol or meat.

>Cow rape
You realise that a bull doesn't say pretty please before he fucks a cow right.
>Veal
Literally where can you even buy that shit anymore. Who eats it?
>Antibiotics
Jokes on you they can't do that in my country unless under strict veterinarian supervision, in which case they have to stop being milked for a very long period of time.
>Puss blood, blah, blah
Yeah and most of the plants we eat have to be thoroughly washed because all of the shit cancerous pesticides that are used in modern farming.

Implying almonds don't rape the soil and contribute heavily to desertification in the areas where they are produced.

They use artificial insemination. Please do your research.

B-but if they didn't have their conspiracy theory strawman they'd have to use legitimate arguments!

Yeah no shit dumbass. Have you seen how a bull would fuck a cow even if we weren't doing it.

Bulls rape cows anyhow, what we are doing is 100x more gentle.

>using legitimate arguments when talking about something that makes them mildly uncomfortable.
Heresy.

>natural sex is rape
>artificial insemination is not rape

Meat eaters are truly the masters of mental gymnastics.

And the plant based alternatives 'likely' contain:

>insect shit
>plant pesticides
>toxic compounds from polluted ground/rain water
>cancerous plant cells

Japanese are not 'vegans' culturally and fish is incorporated into their diets. In fact, the longest living peoples found in Japan tended to a diet which was not vegan in the slightest by consuming eggs, fish, and other animal derived products.

>nonvegans don't eat plants at all!

>It doesn't matter where the facts are from.
Yes, it absolutely matters where pseudoscience is from
>Facts are facts.
And those aren't facts
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/12/dairy-good-bad-or-ugly-latest-studies.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/07/cheese-your-health-cvd-cancer-metabolic.html
>tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2011.10719992

Hypothetically if an alien race was trying to get your semen, would you rather they.

>Get a normal woman to give you a gentle handjob
>Bring in a 300lb black woman to ride you like a jackhammer

I know that will comparison will go right over your head.

A cow would be pregnant in the wild whenever a bull felt like fucking it, so how exactly is the gentle method of artificial insemination doing them any harm?

Good job citing blog spot and a defending the smallest possible point against milk that you possibly could. Shill.

Oh definitely the second one. That's my fetish.

>Not reading
Good job not reading

Just ate a steak for lunch. It was delicious.

On the upside I ate some avocado and a few other veggies. Also tasty, but not nearly as much.

Why would anyone go vegan even tho their health benefits are bullshit and meat is much more tasty?

Forks Over Knives was an overall better documentary to me. It's actually the one that got me to try being a vegan.

Saved

YEA BABY.............. SNIFF...........SNIFF ......... YES BABY ILL SUCK YOUR JUICE UP.... HMMMMMMMMMM.... YEA BABY ILL BITE THAT JUICY RED SOFT SKIN..... YESSSSS...... SNIFF SNIFF.... SOO GOODD BABY..... KEEP DOING THAT.... OHHH IT FEELS SOO GOOD..... HMMMM....

That documentary is so shit that VEGANS debunked it.

vegan.com/posts/vegan-dietitian-review-what-the-health/

>avoid potatos
Irish BTFO

Couple questions for vegan bros.

>is there a source of creatine for vegans
>does fermented soy truly get rid of most phytoestrogens
>is fermented soy as GOAT as it seems
>how is vegan keto possible without relying on coconut

>a cow's consent matters, unless her rapist is another cow

You sure that's the argument you wanna go with?

some user had a meal plan for hitting all the macros, minerals and vitamins WITHOUT supplements or any shit, just food.

anyone has it?

Ayyy that was me, I'm back home. Gimme 10'

I'm the same guy too kek, hope you had a nice vacation.

It was not "vacation" per se, Ι was looking for a room. Anyway, here is one, I think this one is 180 g protein 1600 kcal

whoops it was 150 g protein. And apparently I missed choline and vit E. I wasn't paying attention to micros desu, I tossed in whatever high protein to reach the requester's quota of kcal and protons. I'm sure some sunflower seeds and broccoli take care of the 2 missing vitamins.
Anyway this one is identical, just some extra pasta for extra calories (the next request was similar protein but I think 2500 kcal?)

Fuck me I'm retarded

That's being a bit too autistic about diet.

This is a next one. This was an actual day of eating for me. This isn't a random assortment of ingredients, you can actually make out the meals. There's a breakfast smoothie with some magic proton dust, some pasta, a tiny kale salad and some tortilla wraps (fucking delicious, holy shit)
As you can see, I missed choline again. I should really start eating broccoli again, but it gets boring after a while. Maybe I'll add it to my smoothies or something. Or look for another source idc.

thanks

You're right, I don't eat like that every day, is way closer to an actual day.
Bonus round: Why chicken eggs are unnecessary (see title) - isocaloric comparison

By the way, you can also make omelette from gram flour. Eggs in recipes can be substituted with 1 part FRESHLY ground chia/flax and 3 parts water, left in the fridge for 60'

But wait, there's more
Why cow milk is unnecessary - another isocaloric comparison
(pardon the title, I was t r i g g e r e d when I made these)
I used skim to make the comparison more fair for cow milk (to fit in more protons in less kcal). I literally gave myself a handicap.

>majority of protein from poverty tier sources with pies poor absorption rates
>acting smug
Embarrassing really. Before you ask for source here you go google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://jn.nutrition.org/content/145/9/1981.long&ved=0ahUKEwihsI3g39fVAhVDKVAKHfHXD50QFggqMAE&usg=AFQjCNHAxs74LRNCIi0x3haqCZRuwcff8Q

>casein in cows milk is the most relevent cancer promoter ever discoverd
r-really? I drink a shit load of milk and I also eat 500g of quark everyday, 40g casein

Why the fuck does auto correct hate the term piss poor.

Hm every other study about protein digestability had soy protein with the same overall rating as eggs/whey. Not that I really care much anymore.

>200 calories from soy
>enough protein
It's also less by about 10 percent than eggs and meat Chia and flax seed are garbage omega sources as well.

Really makes you think:
I made this one for fun. A single ingredient, for an average Veeky Forumsizen's TDEE (I assumed that to be 2500).
I am 99.999% sure that legumes (vegan) hit most of the health markers, protein g, vitamins and minerals, fiber, satiety etc. I have yet to find an animal product so disgustingly healthy and cheap.
*Disclaimer: I am not saying you should eat 3 kg peas a day. I'm saying that if you have an allowance of calories one day and there's 1 euro in your pocket, your best option is probably to go to ALDI and buy a can of beans.
>source
too long to read, but the word (((PDCAAS))) caught my eye.
If you know its definition and high school algebra, it's clear why (((PDCAAS))) is a meme and does not even apply to someone eating a varied diet.
Please don't make me type it out, you won't listen anyway.

What's your opinion on fermented soy?
I heard it MIGHT reduce phytoestrogens and it's obvious that it removes carbs.
Thinking of eating natto as one of my main protein sources.

Well then read the study because that's not their conclusion you're legit embarrassing yourself here, doesn't help that you're also posting /pol/ dyels brackets.

I love this. If I drink 10 glasses of milk I'd have a 150% chance of dieing

>fermented soy
Soy in general has literally never been shown to raise serum estrogen. Whenever an anti-v*gan user posts a source it's always a case study, but never a mechanistic one.
Dunno what natto is, haven't heard it here (yurop), but if it's accessible and cheap where you live go for it. Soy has a fantastic AA profile. Seitan is also an amazing source of protein, just make sure to consume enough legumes for lysine because gluten is low in it.
Just read the intro, some bits in the mid, and the entire conclusion. Nowhere does it say that a varied vegan diet is inherently bad for MPS. It makes a very clear point that what matters is a good AA profile. It doesn't say "eating X leucine, Y isoleucine and Z valine from beef is better than eating the same BCAAs from lentils".
There are no missing EAAs in any of these .

If you missed that you can't read studies and shouldn't be citing them. Being dishonest is poor behavior. You may be getting a kick out of your sad trolling, but there are anons here who are legit trying to make it. Please stop posting.

"In this work, the consumption of soy protein was demonstrated to result in lower MPS rates than the ingestion of whey, milk, or beef protein. In addition, the acute skeletal muscle anabolic response was reduced with wheat protein intake when compared with the consumption of egg or whey protein"
Your brain has atrophied alongside your muscles hasn't it ? Shame.

>cherrypicking a single sentence out of context
You should be ashamed of yourself

Your whole aa tirade is them theorizing and saying further research is required.

Not going to bother to read all of your posts, but how much of a cuck do you have to be to impose your 1st world beliefs and instagram trends on lesser creatures. We are at the top of the food chain, we get to decide how animals dance.

There is no out of context you're being dishonest or are simply too stupid like the other anti vaxxers or anti fluoride retards from pol. If anyone doesn't buy what I'm selling read the study yourself and make your own judgment. Fuck if I care that you will take 10 years to hit a 2pl8 bench

I eat seitan already sometimes, not a vegan or vegetarian just try to limit meat intake.
Unfortunately it's hard to just rely on mechanistic studies since the body is so complicated, from what literature I've read along as you don't eat an insane amount of soy everyday you should be fine as long as you are healthy.
I do know of people with hormonal issues that have intense periods and whatnot on soy so I do believe it can have affect, just like cholesterol having little affect on a young healthy athlete but fucking over fatties.

Pic related, it does have a shit ton of omega 6 which I have heard differing opinions on.

>no out of context
>CLEARLY omitted context
>projecting your bad bench on me
lol

"
Conclusions

To our knowledge, only a few studies have compared the postprandial MPS response to the ingestion of plant- vs. animal-based proteins. To date, the only plant-based protein source that has been extensively studied in an in vivo human model is soy protein. In this work, the consumption of soy protein was demonstrated to result in lower MPS rates than the ingestion of whey, milk, or beef protein. In addition, the acute skeletal muscle anabolic response was reduced with wheat protein intake when compared with the consumption of egg or whey protein in a rodent model. The proposed lower muscle anabolic properties of plant- as opposed to animal-based protein sources may be attributed to differences in protein digestion and AA absorption kinetics, and/or AA composition. Various strategies that may improve the MPS response after the ingestion of plant-based proteins include the fortification of plant proteins with free AAs, the blending of various plant protein sources to create a more complete AA profile, selective breeding of plants to improve AA composition, and/or the consumption of greater amounts of plant proteins. Research is required to compare the anabolic properties of the many different plant-based protein sources and to assess the potential of the various strategies that may augment the postprandial MPS response to the ingestion of plant-based proteins."

Literally nothing against what I said I don't need to project shit you are weak this is a fact.

Man I really can't read you. Are you really not trolling?

Are you? English is your third language is this what it is?

Not that guy but the study even suggests getting a more complete AA profile would probably help (which any smart vegan does) and that getting more protein in general would help against absorption rates (which wouldn't be hard).
Overall more studies need to be done to see if vegans have a marginal disadvantage at protein intake or not if AA is covered.

The talk about crossbreeding is neat though, everyone would like more plants with complete AA profiles.

Okay, you may be a honest disoriented fellow. Tell you what. I really have to sleep. I'm bookmarking the page. If you keep this thread alive for the next 21 hours from now, I'll explain to you how the conclusions of this study are either inconclusive, or irrelevant to my posts since I make sure enough EAAs and total protein are provided.
Good night.

The study theorizes this , however with the current research we have vegan diets are shit for mps which is stupid for anyone that does weight training to then go on one.

>is there a source of creatine for vegans
yes, creatine supplements

Stubborn patronizing mule.

I feel like if a vegan is still able to make good gains he shouldn't worry about it too much, min-maxing for someone who isn't an athlete is imo stupid, however more power to you if you do.
Am excited for further research though.

Hate the messenger, but be recipient to the message
Basically this. I had a 2000/2000 char post in mind but this is a good enough tldr.
>vegan diets are shit for mps
Pic

Already stopped that guy in his tracks.
You're right you should also place vegetable oil instead of petrol in your car I mean you're not driving a bmw are you?

What the Health was literally a documentary that felt all over the god damn place. I feel like it should have just been about diabetes and cancer awareness but they tried to go Vegan with it because of jew producers, funding sources, and selling to a popular trend.

What app or tool is used here? like the clear UI

Really shitty analogy, if someone finds that they feel better eating vegan, or that the literature says to them that they should be eating vegan, then I don't think they should worry too much about muscle growth as it doesn't seem to have that large of an affect.
Especially since they didn't control for complete AA and more protein.

Any vegans here own cats?

There was a big fight on /an/ this morning because some vegan wanted to feed their cat a vegan only diet. Do any of you do this? How do you feel being a trusted guardian of an obligate carnivor and ruining its diet?

I stopped eating dairy mostly because it just makes me feel sick.

I heard there are good ways to do it but it seems you have to pay for expensive vegan cat food and give your cat supplements.
I feel like it's much safer and kinder to just feed it cat food though.