QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

mine:
when i squat (one legged, two legged, barbell, bodyweight, full rom, 1/8 rom, whatever, doesn't matter) my right knee is not able to track my toes in terms of direction. It points inward and i can't even push it out forcefully. Is this the reason I have chronic patella pain? Can I fix it? (mobility issue) Any other thoughts about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26605807
youtube.com/watch?v=74-iV8aMNmU
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
reddit.com/r/AdvancedFitness/comments/3ugvc8/longer_interset_rest_periods_enhance_muscle/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should I do tricep isolation in addition to bench press?

How do i get my shitty tan off..

Didn't kno what board to post it on

do dips

Why does my back hurt when I do bench press? I don't arch my back if that makes a difference.

Are you over tightening your back? I have a nasty habit of tightening my legs while benching

What the fuck do I do after SS. This shit is getting to the point where squat and deadlift day just fucks my recovery for the week. I don't want to eat more. Texas method? 5/3/1?

peel your skin off

I can't deal with my skin anymore. I can finally feel and see my abs but it doesn't matter with this overhang and nasty stretch marks on my stomach. It's been 9 months since I went down 80 lbs but this shit has got me depressed. Who the fuck would want to fuck a guy with a six pack with white stretch marks on his lower abs and beef red ones on his groin, upper thighs? Should I just lift for gains or neck myself?

What is better a 5/3/1 PPLx2 or AxBxCDx?
Im going to box twice a week. If I do the PPL I would have to do it before school.

you can have it removed with laser surgery

Should supersets be done with zero rest time between exercises, or is it okay to take a minute or two?

Is there a difference between eating 500 calories less and burning 500 calories? I want to remain a ladyboy.

It's not a question, rather a confession.

I was retarded. I didn't care about macros at all, I thought stuffing my face with 5000 cals of chocolate and pastry with some milk would do the trick. My muscles grew, but my fat grew faster so I quit. Now I actually started eating lots of protein. Today I consumed less than 200g, I'm supposed to take 250, but I can see/feel the difference after a fucking day with 2 hours of sleep. This is amazing. Wow.

How fix noodle arms. Currently doing curls/pull-ups/dips. Also how to add weight to dips?

There are more health benefits to burning 500 more.

The point of a super set is to not waste time. You aren't supersetting for strength brah.

>Also how to add weight to dips?
Backpack.
You probably should add pushups, with proper form, to the mix.

how much protein for optimal muscle growth on a lean bulk and for muscle maintenance on a cut?

I'm doing 2g per kg on the cut(300 deficit) and plan to do like 1.8g per kg on the lean bulk that I'm starting(already slowly upping kcals each week)

thanks in advance

should I work on my private projects or fuck a hooker?

so im doing IF because im never hungry when I wake up plus it allows huge fucking meals later on the day when I get hungry thing is, I lift during my fast and only eat like 2-4hours after lifting too

for example, I wake up at 13pm and have a cup of coffee, lift at 14-15pm and then eat at 18pm

am I fucking potential muscle growth? I remember reading there's a bit to the pre and post work out meal thing that has some truth to it

candito stuff

answer is in the sticky

private projects

You're going to make it. Lift and eat at maintenance and then when you're comfortable with gaining again just slowly gain muscle for the next year or two. Try to stay relatively lean, lose the abs but don't be too far away from them. Things will look better or your confidence will be normal.

the sticky is outdated and does not correspond to most recent research

Cable Crossovers or DB Flyes for building chest?

Threw up today before finishing my morning calisthenics. Just had a banana and a pint of milk before starting. How do I prevent this in the future?

any decent meal that has all/most of the vitamins and minerals required?
I dont want to take multivitamins

I heard I could get that peterson self authoring thing either as a torrent or a megaupload link, but I haven't been able to find it... do i have to request it or is in a link in one of the generals?

I'm doing OHP and Incline bench press mon
Wed
Fri

What other upper body stuff can I do? I have a barbell and dumbbells. I cannot workout legs due to health problems for a few months.

Losing my virginity at 22 to a hooker tomorrow. Any tips?

I'm obese and i can't do my judo workout without getting winded up. I just picked up lifting. Should i do low intensity before starting Judo again or just tank it up until i have enough endurance?

Don't do it. It will ruin your idea of what sex is. Just make an ad on Craigslist looking for a mature woman who will take your virginity . She will help you learn the ropes.

Bench regular and decline
Chest supported rows
Barbell row
Incline dumbbell press
There's a lot you can do

Right now I take a protein shake before the workout and just after. Should I have another one before sleeping? Google gives me mixed results.

Oh I should've mentioned I'm a beginner.

craiglist isnt that popular in east europe. Is it a problem if I fap now? Should I save up my cum for the whore?

Normal to see noob gains stall while cutting?

Recently, I will sometimes experience pain in my upper left shoulder when I masturbate. This only started happening after I started doing OHPs.

Did I somehow injure my shoulder, or am I just masturbating too much?

Just lost my virginity 2 hours ago after 6 months of sl, I've allready made it is there any point of doing more?

I keep surpassing my sodium limit by a lot. How do I lower my sodium

Getting laid isn't making it you stupid fuck

There are two different types of protein, one is digested and absorbed very quickly (whey) and the other much more slowly. I forget the name of the latter type but that's what you want to have before bed, it'll continue to be used by the body all night. Milk has both types if I remember correctly.

You need to keep your form right when doing OHP they will fuck you up if you do them wrong. Start with lower weight.

Bumping.

I bought it a while ago and I got an extra key, post your email and I'll send it

you should really read the /advancedfitness post about how supersets may even be detrimental to your gains (strength OR hypertrophy) as it doesnt allow for full recruitment of muscle fibers etc

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26605807

get surgery

yes, tricep isolation has good carry over to bench strength considering its the secondary mover in the exercise, some people consider close grip bench as an additional exercise for better hitting the triceps however i would reccomend a more direct isolation perhaps skullcrushers/pullovers/cable pulldowns etc

Thx

has anyone had sucess with eyeballing, going by feel and shit like that on building a great physique?
I cut down and look good for the first time in my life, a buffier version of ottermode(look good naked but dyel in clothes) and im gonna start bulking after I eat maintenance for two weeks but im fucking tired of counting kcals every fucking day, even just on eatring twice per day

hi OP, if you're still reading: you probably have weak abductors
youtube.com/watch?v=74-iV8aMNmU

current research in its simplest form is 1g/lb of bodyweight (although 1gm/lb of LBM is probably more realistic just be safe and go for 1g/lb bw) protein should be higher in a cut because it preserves LBM and is a longer metabolic process to convert and thus store as fat

look optimal muscle protein synthesis (MPS) is stimulated by approximately 40g protein every 3 hours, if you want to OPTIMALLY gain muscle then that's the way to do it, of course I would suggest you do it that way but up to you (this is the reason for before bed protein shakes of casein etc)

cable crossovers are safer by far and allow for greater contraction at peak

veges (cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach etc), eggs, lean chicken breast puts you at very close if not complete profile of most micronutrients

before and after is good, before bed optimally mixed with milk or straight up casein powder is again optimal (although 80% of milk proteins are casein anyway) which is the slower 'releasing'/'absorbing' protein type better for the period of long starvation overnight

yes obviously, you arent providing the raw materials to build muscle, do you expect your body to summon it from thin air? Dont worry though noob gains dont expire and will keep going when you start eating properly again

I eat a lot of the same shit, so I can eyeball my calories. You should be able to do the same if you count calories for a while.

Second bump. Help a fatty out, please.

Hi maggot, do you know any variations of incline presses? I do incline db presses and standing landmine press. I dislocated my a/c joint a few years ago so I can't press overhead/incline with barbells anymore.

I feel more comfortable torrenting it, share it with your mother or something senpai.

What's the most fun tricep workout

What's your main goal? If you want to git gud at judo, do more cardio and less weightlifting (preferably low impact) so you can lose weight do judo for a longer period of time.

Is it ok if im here on /fit if ive only been lifting for a month and dont know all the cool lingo?

Is tea a gains goblin? Specifically Arizona.
I'm starting body weight workouts until I can scrape up enough for a bench. I want to drink healthier but straight water makes me feel robotic.

help me make an MMA conditioing routine.
*burpees(500 a day)
pushups(500-1000 trough the day)
1000 squats
also dips and pullups maybe.

This is not counting fighting techniques,just the conditioning.

i know this seems counter-intuitive but the EMG activity of chinups is good for upper chest and decline bench is considered an optimal replacement for incline bench because it much less stressing on the AC joint if its causing you pain/discomfort, overall if you are hitting the pectoral muscles you are hitting them all regardless of the exercise and personally based on the current literature I see no reason to do more than 1 upper chest focused exercise in a given routine

rippetoe makes reference to lying tricep ez-curl bar pullovers as considered the 4th powerlifting movement as it has more crossover than OHP to the other lifts, I would highly recommend them, the EMG activity is great and the burn is intense

liquid calories are dangerous depending on your goal, helpful really if you have trouble bulking but due to high glycemic index and reducing insulin sensitivity its a really good idea to cut them out for a multitude of reasons (type 2 diabetes and everything that comes with that etc) insulin is a powerful bodybuilding/muscle building factor and if yours is not working properly because you sip too many sugary beverages you are at a disadvantage

also drinking from plastic??? Its like you want to flood yourself with xenoestrogens and dont want gains

you'll pick it up quickly

if you just HAVE to fap, should you do it before or after your workout?

how do i get in to tricking

dont fap.
dont be a libertine pig,bro.

New to lifting, read the sticky, need help with my barbell row form. I notice my hips don't form as sharp of an angle as examples I've seen do. How do I correct this?

Am I wrong to include exercise in MyFitnessPal when I'm using a daily calorie figure based off of myTDEE, which presumably, already includes exercise as part of the figure?

dont arch your back
toes must point forward
rest belly between your thighs and pretend you're pregnant
keep wrists straight
*slaps your butt*

as other other user said, primarily fix your back and the belly tip is good

Are large calves a blessing or a curse? I grew up obese, and I've since lost the weight, but the calves remain the same.

What's a good frozen treat that's not frozen calories?
It's hot here

Try getting lower, you look like you need to work on your ankle and hamstring mobility. Your back should not be arched at all, and it should be parallel with the floor.

Frozen berries with whipped cream.

when trying to create a calorie deficit, how effective is snaking on celery in between meals?

Calves are cute
>you can show them like something average People can't get

Will I an hero my shoulders if I do dips on gymnastics rings or is that just a meme

I've been working out for a month on a PHUL routine after sitting on my ass for ~4 years.

This is pretty much what I've been doing:
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

My weights are up slightly but I still look like shit. I don't expect to be ripped by a month, but I just want to make sure I'm taking the right approach and not fucking anything up. If a month is too short of a time to see results thats amazing news.

How can I keep my back from arching? I'm pushing my chest out to the max, but it still won't straighten.

Suggestions for how to improve ankle/hamstring mobility?

A month is too short to see any results, especially at that high body fat. I'd suggest cutting first my dude.

What are some easy to make meals for bulking? I'm not very good at cooking which is making hitting my macros hard.

Limber 11 and rolling your feet out.

For reference:
100g protein
61g fat
222 crabs
1868 calories

will I die if I train fasted and only eat like 2 hours after lifting? I have no hunger

Where's the advanced fitness post (not the user from the question)

Good to know, I'm currently cutting (not from July 12), but the last place I'm losing fat is my beer gut.

you need way more than 1800 cals and 100g protons for bulking (unless you're 5'6)

I'm shorter than that so

Keep a banana or two in the freezer. Not fridge, FREEZER.

Blend it with milk and a scoop of chocolate protein.

BAM, God-tier frozen treat.

Yeah the human body is gay like that. Keep cutting and you'll see results and feel like a sikk kunt

My main goal is weight loss and getting more endurance so i can get good at Judo, since i can't do much without getting tired. What to do?

reddit.com/r/AdvancedFitness/comments/3ugvc8/longer_interset_rest_periods_enhance_muscle/

disregard the fact its reddit and acknowledge that advanced fitness is exactly what you are looking for if you want to get deeper into fitness

So I've just joint a gym near me, after doing strength routines on and off from about the age of 17 at home. 20 now.

What's some gym etiquette, should I really wipe down the bench after I've used it? I dunno if I wanna get other people's sweat n germs n shit on my towel too.

Other than that I'm doing starting strength and I feel as though I'm not getting as much of a pump as I was from ICF 5x5, but I am only on day 1 of phase 1 I guess. I'll wait for things to pick up with the chin ups/ weighted chins and see how I'm looking then, also intermediate routine progression

Ive been on a cut the last 3 or 4 months and ive lost 10 with my current weight being about 87lg at 6ft. Ive read things saying I should keeo cutting until my entire stomach is defined but when will I know when that is? Ive gone from a size L to now bordering in size small and Im wary that if I lose much more Ill be too small. Should I keep cutting to get to my goal weight (about 80kg) or switch now to a maintenance/lean bulk diet.

I should add I want to look like this

You guys reckon this is around 18% body fat or so? I thought was I still 20%+ because I realized that I have kinda big hips and its all not fat.
Maybe I'm closer to 14-15% body fat than I originally, which was sorta my original goal to start lean bulking

>wanting to be a nigger

Bump

Thanks breh

Do I still look like I rattle when I walk around? I thought I had virtually no lats but I just took these pictures and my back looks wider than I imagined (you know, I don't look at myself from behind too often). What is the next thing that would improve the way my upper body looks the most? Lower back? Abs? Chest?

>do squats
I will when I muster the courage to ask for the rack

What are you guys eating while cutting? Anybody have a shopping list?

I GOT BLOOD DRAWN 4 FUCKING DAYS AGO AND MY ARM IS STILL SORE AND IT HURTS TO CURL OR EVEN PRESS ANYTHING HOW THE FUCK DO I FIX THIS