High volume low calorie thread

high volume low calorie thread

oatz
potatoes if you don't fry them
fruit & veg obviously
fat free refried beans

Chicken soup is my go to. Onions, carrots, parsnip, peppers, chicken, garlic, seasoning... etc. Follow any highly rated recipe, I'm not foodnetwork.

Very filling and the lowest calorie per volume
that tastes good -- if you want to go hardcore you could just eat celery and broccoli + chicken, sounds fucking awful though.

Pears and carrots is a pretty filling and tasty snack for me

oats and chickpeas. Combine to give full amino acid profile and is so filling, really good for a breakfast when cutting as it will definitely keep you full

full of fibre too to control insulin so you won't be getting energy drops and uncontrollable hunger.

Also pro tip: sprinkle cinnamon on your oatmeal. Not only is it a powerful antioxidant and good for your overall health, it is also has fat burning properties by increasing your bodies insulin sensitivity.

Learning is fun! If you liked this info please give me reddit gold

Oats? They are pretty calorie dense

thanks for this post user

i just went and grabbed buncha veg out of my fridge and some beans and pasta and half a chicken cube and made some pretty fucking good amount of soup without using a drop of oil or fat

seasonings > fats

forgot to mention only 400 calories

Protein fluff

cucumbers, broccoli and carrots are my go-to snacks. all i add is hot sauce

>Hurr hurr fats are bad for you
Fucking idiot

thats not what im saying

im saying you can make delicious soup without extra calories from oil

extra calories are not good

low fat yogurt

Most veggies. I eat a shitload of pico de gallo
>inb4 go back

I'm permabulking so I eat anything and everything. Being huge and strong>being ripped and hungry any day

pizza is delicious but without a doubt you feel like shit at the end, every time

truly treat tier food

You dont have to eat the whole thing.

a slice or two is merely foreplay at the expense of around 300 calories

id rather wait for the weekend and clear an entire pie

Everything on your list is calorie-dense except the veggies

Nice b8 though

Pizza hut? What crust is that?

T. Fat

pizza hut with hut favorite crust flavoring. that crust flavor is literally crack

don't worry, they will find you.

My family raised me on beef stew.

When I started making it for myself, and tracking the calories... I was absolutely shocked at how low calorie it actually is.

It's obviously not the lowest of the low, but it's hearty as fuck, filling as fuck, and pretty damn good macros / calories.

Check it out bros it's tasty!

>tfw just had a bowl

Recipe?

I should add also, that recipes are super easy to modify.

I've put all kinds of shit in it and it (usually) comes out fantastic. You can add in some leafy greens at the boiling meat stage and they will melt into the base. Makes the stew green though, so if aesthetics are a problem for you keep that in mind.

I could slay a cauldron of beef stew right now.

>you feel like shit at the end,
talk only about yourself

Corn and peas. 200g has less than 150kcals

Stew is fucking easy. This is litterally off the top of my head right here for a BASIC as fuck stew:
Stuff you need:
>Beef
>Carrots
>Celery
>Potatoes
>Flour or corn starch (thickening agent)
>oil

Meat and veggies can be equal parts weight, that's about what I do, except for the celery which I just use a head. Probably go a little heavier on the potatoes imo.

>Take some shitty cut of meat and cube it (bite size chunks usually), most stores sell already cut up shit if you feel like spending extra on already expensive beef (duh you can substitute chicken, or whatever, it's fucking stew!)
>Wash and cut up the veggies into bite size chunks (you can technically hold off on this till after the meat is on)
>Some people flour the meat before browning it, up to you
>Brown the meat in some oil in the pot you're going to use, just brown it on all its cubie sides
>Put water in the pot until it's about an inch or so over the meat line, turn it to lowish heat and cover, let it boil for about an hour or so (this is also a great time to throw in seasoning, like bay leaves, salt, pepper, sage is pretty good for stews.. Think earthy flavors, but really you can't fuck this up
>After it's done boiling, throw in all the veggies, let it boil covered another hour
>check the tenderness of the potatoes and carrots, if you can pierce with a fork and they fall off, you're done cooking, if not, give it however much longer you think it needs (it's hard to fuck up, seriously, even if everything melts into the base, that just makes the base sauce that much more amazing - sometimes I'll cut up fine bits of the veggies JUST FOR THIS PURPOSE)
>add flour and stir (or corn starch - never used personally) until you reach desired thickness. Usually never need more than like 2 tbsp. I go by eye though 'cause I like it THICC. Add small amounts at a time an stir in fully before adding more.

>beef stew in charge of not being tasteless shitstorm of the dumbest animal alive

That's all there is to it.

You can add whatever you want basically, and take out whatever you want. This is fun, easy as fuck bachelor food you can experiment with, without too much worry about fucking it up. And if you get it how you like it you can make a HUGE fucking batch and it will last for so long (2 weeks in the fridge, then it starts getting kinda funk, but still edible up to 3 weeks or so, if you want, freeze extra!)

Word to the wise though, if you are going to experiment, do it with a normal sized batch. There's no worse feeling than having to throw out a huge pot of stew.

I've only ever had to do that twice. Once a while back because the pot had been contaminated with essential oils and I hadn't realized it until I was done. And the last time (pretty recently actually) I decided to try with Mushrooms, and used like 6 different kinds cuz I'm crazy like that, and found out I have a mushroom intolerance to one of them. Had to throw the whole thing out after it fucked my stomach up 3x in a row. Sucked.

>beef
>carrots
>celery
>cornstarch\flour
>whatever shitty oil you have on hand
Literally why
So many better tasting options, with better nutrients, with lower cost, and you eat this shit, even though purely objectively there are better tasting options really available

c o t t a g e c h e s e e

>350g container
>280 cals
>42g protein, 10g fats, 3g carbs
>delicious

One of my favorites

The recipe I listed is going to be bland as fuck, that's true.

But there are tons of ways to make it, look up recipes online to get ideas. You can use red wine to spice it up. And spices of course are essential.

If you've never had tasty beef stew, I feel bad for you.

I had Guiness Irish beef stew in some pub a while back and it was fucking amazing. There's so many ways to make stew, you can't even say it's bland cuz that could just be the shitty one you had.

recipe for that plate in your pic

i like broccoli

I had Irish stew from some Fucking Irishmen professional cooks. I'm Irish. my family's full of Irishmen and guam(ians?). The only way it would have been tasty is if I had not had anything else. Guam has it figured out on the other hand.

And no, celery, beef, flour, and Fucking what I assume could only be white potatoes aren't going to make you make it gtfo my face with that simple carbohydrate sub par protein water vegetabullshit

That's the BASICs. Like you can literally go anywhere with it.

Have you ever had Japanese Curry? THAT is a modified beef stew. That's just one example.

I made two batches in the last couple weeks, the one I ate today (which is literally the basic version because I wanted to go back to the basics after the one before), and the one I had to throw out cuz of the mushrooms.
Let me tell you something. That one with mushrooms was Chicken, with broccoli and a ton of other shit, and I have to say, it was fucking delicious. VERY EARTHY. Which made it all the more sad I had to toss it.

>I've only tried it one way and it was awful
Sure showed me.

>except for the celery which I just use a head
Do you mean a rib or are you trying to describe an entire celery plant?

Cabbage soup.
Iceberg lettuce w/ salsa dressing
sugar free jello
frozen green beans
Watermelon
Boiled potatoes and hot sauce

Some of my go to's for bulking out my meals.