/fat/ Anorexia edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for we're all gonna make it.

Second for
>don't ask why you can't lose weight if you aren't counting calories

>First for we're all gonna make it.
I've stopped losing weight. I give up.

Second for Anorexia thinspo goals

Fine, give up and be a fat fuck all your life.
Don't improve yourself, stay a depressed sack of shit.

You've been a fat fuck all your life, why not change and see the other side of your gluttony?

>tfw all food is tasty

Having a slice of pizza or a bar of chocolate is like a special event for me, whilst before I would binge on that stuff like it's nothing.

Will do.

I'm going to a buffet on Saturday, I'm already fasying on Friday so I can make some room.

Cant wait :)

>You've been a fat fuck all your life
Not really. I've been skinny in my teens but i put 80 lbs in college. Now i'm just depressed fat sack of shit.

Have fun user, just be sensible :) Meanwhile I'm looking forward to tomorrow's tomato salad.

it's one of those buffets were you order, so they won't let me pig out as much

>eating disorder
>mostly gone but still have self-image problems
>only about twenty pounds under ideal weight now
>still have to fight myself to eat every day, usually eat the equivalent of a medium-sized meal daily
>my body is warped and i look like a ghoul
It hurts, guys.

I'm not saying i'd trade bodies with you, but being underweight is what i'm aiming for.

Lend me your powers user. In exchange I'll give you the ability to eat like a shameless fat fuck.

Highschool gf had the rexia. Was a control thing. She felt like her life was out of control so being able to have Stalin like control over her weight was like... comforting or some such emotion. It sucked getting pulled into it and was painful to watch. I couldn't help her and I can't help you no matter how much i'd like to. Good luck.

I wish there was a button where I can anrexic for a month

Sadly I love food too much

key is pushing what a reward is

fries, sauce, pasta -> "normal food"
chips, ice cream, candy -> "special food"

greens, vegetables -> "normal food"
fruit, nuts, yoghurt -> "special food"

im trying to get into the second catagory, once fruit starts becoming your new candy you're on your way

What would happen if I filled myself with a shitload of low cal veggies? Would I still feel full while being way below my TDEE?

How about you fat faggots just stop the sugar rollercoaster and go keto at least till you're in a healthy weight?

Sugar is addicting, if you are fat the obvious thing to do is cut it completely.

>inb4 muh anger/cravings, it VANISHES in a week or two

t. previous fatty, currently skinnyfat nearing skinny after lifting for a month

I thought i gained a bunch of weight.

then I took a huge dump. and it turns out I didn't .

daily reminder to eat your fiber.

>if you are fat the obvious thing to do is cut it completely.

Did you not read my post? Once fruit becomes your new candy you don't eat actual candy anymore, it's all about pushing the perspective

how dense are you

Might suck to browse these threads however might be comforting seeing how dysfunctional most people are with food.
Having a good relationship with your body and food in general is hard, I don't have it as bad as most (I'm normal weight now) but all I do is think about food and my next meal.
I don't even feel hunger anymore.

Is this a picture of gonads?

I don't disagree with that user, I've been on keto for only 2 weeks to get rid of some stubborn fat.
Just decided to get off it and ate grilled chicken on a piece of bread with swiss cheese.
Swear to god it was like candy, one of the most delicious things I ever ate and it was shit white buns.
Once you respect sugar that much you could easily have yogurt as a desert.

what was the reason you started?

I did, I was giving you a better plan. It is a lot easier to move to better carbs (and portion control) when you're no longer a carb addicted fatty fuck.

I think the dense one is you m8, if you're not at a healthy weight fruit is candy, grains are a bad idea and sugar is poison.

Have you tried keto?

The funny thing is I tried getting of keto a couple of times in this last month (since I started lifting I wanted to be sure to get my noob gains) and don't really liked bread over my usual eggs with coconut oil in the morning.

Also, even 80% dark chocolate tastes sweet, it is outrageous how much your taste buds change.

Why dont you guys do Keto or low carb? You can eat a ton and weight legit pours off of you?

Those who tried and failed, why did you fail at it?

>keto

boy, it's this meme again

take it to SlimmingWorld chief

Meme or not it is the best approach for /fat/.

I know it was only 2 weeks but it was mostly to see how I would feel (I didn't feel bad after just 2 days) and wanted to get a lot of fat for a while since I have a problem eating it.
I'm not comfortable eating the amount of sat fat that it seemed to require (probably a way around this) and I'm too poor to get good fat and protein sources that aren't bacon.
Main reason was I got bad acne with it.

Don't have a sweet tooth so I should be fine, thinking of getting on the natto train (fermented soy, less carbs) and going low carb for a while.
God tier macros and lots of Vitamin K2.

ha, look how fat I was

I have been on keto / paleo now for about 7 months and am about 5 pounds away from being sub 10% bf.

It's not a meme it works and it's easy to follow. It takes about a month to get used to it. But after that. It's just life

but still the same sad expression

why you gotta be so negative

Sat fats being bad for you is mostly a meme (if you really do read the serious researchers behind low carb this gets very clear) and since I'm not doing it long term (only till 15bf) I don't worry about it.

What fats did you use? My grocery bill is a lot cheaper nowadays, I mostly do coconut oil (for anything besides meat) and olive oil/butter for meat/toppings.

I've read the studies and I'm not thoroughly convinced, there needs to be more research on both sat fats and cholesterol for me to treat them like they are healthy.
Not terrified of them but the amount I was getting was RIDICULOUS, coconuts are comfy but are sat fat too.

My fat intake was pretty much coconut milk, sausage, bacon, and olive oil.
I don't like butter and am lactose intolerant so didn't have too many options.
Was thinking about going low carb still though, maybe eating nuts/seeds as my main fat sources (to be on the safe side) and only eating fruit before working out so I can hopefully take advantage of the quick energy.

Do love handles ever go away?
>6'3
>85.8 kg
>22kg down

Fat on waist making it seem like I have wide as fuck hips

>girl scout cookies showed up

I'm doing TKD currently - 10g of dextrose before workout and I'm good (also a bit of an endorphine high after lifting which is nice). Fruit is not a good preworkout on keto since fructose goes through your liver first. There is also CKD if you are a more experienced lifter (I can't handle the volume required yet) where you allow carbs once a week.

Just need to remember that there are no really well done studies saying that sat is bad. It's moslty word of mouth and media having to extrapolate shit to sell.

mirin
6'3" at 93 kilos here, hope i look that good.
Don't think those are lovehandles btw.

throw them out you weak willed lardo

I'm diagnosed anorexic, is this the thread for me??

Otherwise fuck all you fatasses for glorifying this disease. Yeah you lose weight, its great! Until all your hair falls out and you're cold all the time and your heart stops working and you get osteoporosis.

fuck you, if you actually wanted to starve you'd do it you pathetic waste.

Sorry user. I'm under ideal weight too, you can see all my ribs and I just look gross. All my hair is brittle and dead and I'm so cold all the time. Why is eating so hard?

Found out my ex is in a new relationship, our breakup was my motivation to start this journey, and I'll admit after some great success I got lazy.. But, that just motivated me all over again.

Here we go baby, no more plateau.

am I eating too much fruit? it taste great and is so filling for the calories it feels like it must be a scam.

Are you me? Though honestly I'm not over her and it shattered me once I learned she was in a new relationship. I just want to lose weight and get over her man

I hit 18.3 bmi today
I still see a fat guy in the mirror

Would it be possible to survive on 500 calories a day if you managed to stick to it?

EAT YOU HAVE TO EAT
YOU DIDNT EAT ANYTHING TODAY
YOUR ANOREXIC

Honestly, just do what you feel is right and works for you. I've read things where you're supposed to watch the amount of naturally occurring sugar and carbs you consume because of it and then I've heard you can have 7-9 servings of fruits and veggies a day and be fine.

If you're 350 lbs. Otherwise, you're going to wreck your shit and cause your body to freak out. You'll lose hair, your nails will become brittle and you're most likely going to feel fatigued, tired and like absolute crap all the time.

Move out

O-ok, that sounds much worse than I imagined. What would be a realistic lowest calorie intake then? Sticking to it is not a problem. I'm 6'1 250lb btw.

Yeah, but only if almost all of it is protein and you take a fuckton of vitamins, minerals, fish oil and other essential stuff. I think it would also be wise to do nothing else than lying on the bed or sitting the whole day so you don't pass out.

not the other guy, but the lowest safe amount is often said to be 1500. you'll lose over 2 lbs a week at that amount.

That's not counting exercise?

So like a normal restartaunt

yes that's assuming couch potato. I've heard some say they don't allow more calories when they exercise and some say they do. I don't bother exercising so can't comment.

Who /cripplingselfhate/ here?

I've been trying to lose weight for 3 months and yet I still don't know what the fuck I am doing. I just do legs for today then do upper body the other day then do abs and lower back etc.

I'm losing weight but I feel I am so lost.

Good to know about the fruit.
Will be on the lookout for literature talking about saturated fat.

Is the girl in the pic actually at an unhealthy fat %?
Asking because she still has a chest.

Was almost same stats as you years ago, I went for the 1500.
Is painful at first but once you completely reinvent your diet and eat mostly veggies then you will get to a point to where you are at 1200 or 1300 in the evening and call it quits, feels good man.

>>my body is warped and i look like a ghoul

I lost over 200lbs. I'm below my ideal weight now but every time I look in the mirror all I see is what looks like a sweater of loose skin so I keep pushing, just another 5lbs, over and over.

Tfw you hate yourself so much that you have begun to not eat. I am trying a two week fast, on day 4. Before this, I ate

go eat another tub of ranch fatboy

Stop posting this picture in every thread on Veeky Forums.

How much did you lose? How long did it take? Did you exercise?

But All you can eat. You pay a single fee and order as much as you want.

60 pounds, about a year of fucking around (could be done quicker), extreme anxiety = barely left the house even.
You can do better.

People have fasted for longer periods and they didn't lose hairs and whatevefr you mentioned

>fuck you, if you actually wanted to starve you'd do it you pathetic waste.
Starve?

No, I'm restraining myself.

I can go for 24 hours with food at most.

>he didn’t take biotin and folic acid supplements

He didn't necessarily say how long, with supplementation yes you can do this for a while but there is no healthful reason to.
He isn't that obese, he should worry about health and do this in a systematic approach so he can keep up with this instead of trying to cheat.

was accused of bullimia this morning
it was diet pills last time

what pisses me off is that people genuinely don't seem to accept that I'm able to lose weight on my own without some kind of nefarious foul play

Would it of any benefit to do this for a week or 2?

Fasting for short periods (24-48h) is actually good for you. Resets gut cultures and health, boosts HGH, concentration, etc.

Even fasting for an entire year, under controlled studies, without supplements, and no one had those effects you mentioned.

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

Thanks user, I won't let you down. But could you elaborate a bit on the fucking around part?

Depends on your goal.

I do full day fast once a week, and the rest is Intermittent Fasting 20:5.

For fat loss IF is a good technique.

This is a difference, updated pic. I'm trying To be part of the community.

you could lose some weight quickly doing it yes. the issue is that your weight loss needs to be a consequence of a healthier lifestyle, with better diet and exercise. such lifestyle changes take a lot of time and effort (potentially years) to develop and are best worked on slowly, if you want to succeed for the long term. if you try and cheat your way to the goal you'll most likely gain it all back again later because you won't have made the changes you need to make.

Both benefits and consequences.
You will hear differing opinions, maybe start a thread or two about it before just getting advice here.
250 at your height is imo not someone who should do it, it's stressful for the body and you aren't that obese.
At 2 pounds lost a week you could get to a good weight in half a year if you lift and do cardio, why not do what's best for your body?

I didn't mention those effects and no way someone this size should fast for a year.
For a day or two?
Sure, I do it sometimes and I'm at a normal weight now.
A week or two is unneeded, works for some but will make most people fuck up and binge, not good advice for newbies.

Fucking around as in having less motivation for a week, saying "I won't cheat but I won't track calories" which is just justification for cheating.
Not exercising like I should, my body looked like shit when the weight was gone because no muscle.
A strict regime will have you see the results in half my time with a better body, learn from my mistakes and have a cheat MEAL (not a cheat day) every month (still count the calories) and actually run/swim/lift if possible.

If true then dismorphia.

first - Lily Collins is perfect.
second - how do I add things like butter and olive oil to myfitnesspal? Say for example I used butter to fry my eggs, 1tbsp to be exact. Then would I add a 1tbsp butter to my dairy? or would I add like half of that? (because some of it left in pan and such)

anyone here have experience with extended periods of fasting?

>I didn't mention those effects and no way someone this size should fast for a year.

Fasting for a year is a different beast. There are definitely better and safer ways to lose weight. I wouldn't recommend it for sure. IF and one day fasts is the extent of the fasting I would recommends (not to children or pregant women of course).

You think dysmorphia? It does kinda make sense now. I hate myself so much that I regularly have thoughts of committing suicide, I think I'm so ugly that I don't look in mirrors anymore, almost wanting to cry when I do see myself. And I've began to fast for two weeks to lose some fat. Are these valid symptoms? Should I see someone about this?

yeah
it's called sleep

honestly you're not fat at all and you're not even bad looking. if anything you need to gain some weight by working out. it sounds like dysmorphia to me. regardless, suicidal thoughts are always a reason to see a doctor. i'd quit the fast if i were you.

Guy you are responding too and that's what I do, I do IF out of necessity (long hours with no breaks) and occasionally don't eat for a day about once a month.
Fasting longer is imo not a way to get into a healthful habit.

Yes, you can objectively look at your height/weight and see that you are not overweight, you can objectively see that if you were to accurately measure BF% that you are not fat.
Acting like these facts are untrue because your self-esteem is textbook body dismorphia, see a therapist, /fat/ is not for you as these men are often 300+ pounds.

personally i log the entire tbsp when cooking with butter/oil despite what's left over, to be safe. it's pretty much impossible to work out how much is left in the pan.

no i mean fasting for several days.

>down from 315 to 242
>double-chin is finally starting to go away

Can someone who does intermittent fasting explain how they get all the calories and macros in a single sitting? Do you completely cut out low calorie foods like fresh veggies?

Anyone seen this movie? The main guy is a cringe master

You have a feeding window so you can eat as much as you need within that window.

anything unsustainable is generally ill-advised
I know everybody thinks that once they're done with the quick weight loss methods they can go back to eating normally and things will pan out fine
the stats say otherwise
better to focus on nutrition and the weight loss will happen

I googled intermittent fasting and now I'm a bit confused. I thought that it's supposed to be a permanent life change and that you always eat like that. But apparently it's only on a few days of the week, and the rest you eat normally. Why? Wouldn't keeping this regime at all times bring the most benefit?

Who says you can't make it a permanent change? It's not even drastic, you're just timing your meals and going longer without food.

iF is like the default mode of our ancestors. They hunt all day (say 16-20 hrs), and eat at night. It's not even a fast it's like a timing your eating to have an empty stomach as long as possible.