Home Gym

Anyone lift from home? Just set this up. Waiting for my bumpers to arrive.
It's the bare minimum, but I think I can make it work.
Does your racks move a bit when you slam the barbell against it? Like say you're finishing a set for benchpress and you just push it back.

>Does your racks move a bit when you slam the barbell against it?

you're supposed to drop a couple plates on those holders to weigh that shit down so it doesn't move all over the fucking place. also if you don't have a spot buy some fold up saw stands to act as failsafes. just make sure the one you buy is the right height for benching and squating (which generally speaking should be the same)

I built a home gym to motivate myself to start lifting. Been a month now and I'm addicted.

Set up alerts on craigslist for things like "Bench", "Squat", "Weight", and "Dumbbells". Stuff like that. You'll get an email whenever something in your price range pops up and you can jump on it. I got most of my stuff off CL for a good deal.

Are saw stands really good spotters? I'll definitely consider buying one.

why buy a sperate flye machine when you can do flyes on the bench with DBs

The machine can't do flies, I do them on the bench like you mentioned. The machine is mostly for leg extensions and pulldowns of various kinds.

It was also a super steal so I couldn't pass it up.

You either bolt the rack to the floor or weigh it down with plates. Read the fucking manual you nigger.

It's a stand. For a saw. It'll hold a few kilos mate

This is my gym for the next few months

I have an outdoor set up in my backyard and a hot tub. Hot tub is nice on days I'm sore or want to relax. It also has the added benefit of causing my female friends to take off their clothes and get in it.

Yeah, I do. I also just had this sick power rack installed in my gym today. I had to Improvised a little bit though

I haven't been here for a while so I don't know if this is a bait pic or not. How are you going to fit the actual barbell?

>saving the image twice

Lol

better than your chest. you can't really count on em for dropped weights, but they give you something to lower the bar onto when you're in a fail position.

I just finished building this a few days ago. Cost me $180 total. Now in the process of restoring some weights from old and rusty to nice and new. What you think? Will I die?

pic related is rated for 300lbs. two of them will hold more (painters routinely use these along with some plywood for makeshift scaffolding). certainly they won't do shit with 2 plates falling from 3 feet, but they provide something to slowly lower the weight on if you can't get them back on the hooks. and even if you do drop them, they're still better than having your bare chest break the fall completely.

Maybe?

Depends how much you're lifting desu. I wouldn't trust anything built from scratch. I'd rather buy something that's been rated.

It looks cool but I'm with the other user, I wouldn't really trust lifting heavy in this thing

Ite well I think it's sturdy. Made of 4x4 and iron piping as safety catches and racking pins. Tbh I'd rather be dead than be weak so ima keep lifting

I have one of those powertec home gyms and a few dumbbells.

REEEEEEEE Why is that drywall not skim coated?!?!

nigga you gonna die without safety bars to rest failed reps on.

Lol....

looks like a fucking prison

I have that exact same setup. It'll work perfectly fine since you can work pretty much any muscle you want. You MUST be mindful and not lift in a way that the weight can pin you down should you fail a lift. Absolutely no back squats, front squats are cool.

I'm gonna buy some safeties for my next purchase.

>he doesn't know how to safely fail reps

I haven't got the cap saved, but that's the first question pretty much everyone but OP asked.