Does foam rolling help or is it a meme

Does foam rolling help or is it a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myofascial_release
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's a helpful meme

I do it in the stretching area if I gotta wait for the single power rack at my gym, just to kill time

Sometimes it will help other times it will do nothing.

Its a pretty alright meme.

It feels really good so who cares

its not a meme
u r a M E M E

It feels really nice and for my back at least it relieves some of the pain so yeah

anyone ever foam/ball roll their boner

just asking.

A little bit of both, honestly.
If you don't know what you're doing when rolling, you can actually cause more harm than good for your body, and as expected 90% have no fucking clue how to roll, where to put the pressure on and how hard to do it

All the time.
Makes me kream the biggest loads

Don't talk about shit you dont know, fgt. Foam rolling is good, if it hurts a lot to roll a foam fucking cylinder across your back, get your shit together because your on an express train to snap city.

It's decent as a massage to work a sore group of muscles.

It feels great, so yeah do it. No it's not a fucking meme you retard, it's great for stretching out.

I strained my VMO which lead to the muscle clenching up and pulling on my knee and now I foam roll before and after a workout and it dramatically helps loosen the muscle up and break up the clenching

0/10

>fake news

Foam rolling really does my erector spinae wonders after some intense dead lifts.

foam rolling is GOAT

the idea is it causes myofascial release.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myofascial_release
its like a less effective do it yourself version of a deep tissue massage.
the wikipedia link claims the evidence for its effectiveness is not strong. but medical associations are the last to accept something, they are 20years behind what top athletes are doing and most of their focus is on old or injured people.
there are papers saying it aids in increasing mobility. it isn't a replacement of stretching however.

if you have tight limbs and can't touch your toes. a test you can do at home is attempt to touch your toes, then find a tennis ball or hard rubber ball or something similar. and slowly roll it on the base of your feet, it causes some discomfort but try to cover whole foot for like a minute each. then try touching your toes again, when i do this i am closer to reaching them

I had to use epsom salt the other day. I felt like I was going to die. I never used foam rollers but I might have to

I see fags like rippletits say it doesn't do shit but I am calling bullshit on that.

Hardcore workouts are basically impossible for me to do without hurting myself if I don't do constant massaging and rolling before, during and after the workout. A quick stretch and warmup helped too, but I could probably have done without the stretch.

It also instantly improves my mobility which is helpful. For some fags like Clearance who just retained flexibility for forever it might not mean shit, but the way Rippletits tells it it's like doing anything for mobility is cancer because it doesn't look SUPER TOUGH AND TEXAS.

Then again they don't seem to give a shit about fitness and only improving squats.