Should fatties focus PURELY on weight loss?

>diet is 90% of weight loss
>quickest and most effective way to lose weight is to fast
>fasting targets fat but also slowly reduces muscle mass over time
>lifting while fasting doesn't build muscle because you're not consuming enough calories
>you can increase your caloric intake to build muscle but you'll slow weight loss
>cardio is less effective in a fasted state and can accelerate muscle loss
I'm primarily using the sticky as reference since it appears well-researched. Based on what I've read, if your main goal is to lose weight, you should forgo all high-intensity exercise because your diet can't support it. What the fuck? That seems extremely counter-intuitive, is it true? Is the best thing a fatty can do is just eat as healthily and as little as he can handle, until he's a skinny twink and start building muscle from there?

Like any extreme diet fasting isn't an effecting form of weight loss for most people because it doesn't help establish better eating habits. Most people will just end up gaining the weight again by eating poorly after.

Dunno if this is true or not but have heard that fasting decreases excess skin because the body breaks it down vs a low calorie restricted diet.

This is what I'm confused about. I'm fat and want to lose weight so I started Stronglifts and eating at a deficit. I've read that when your fat enough you can do both at the same time so I'm sticking with it for now

Let's say an individual broke their fast correctly and changed their lifestyle to eat healthy, instead of rebounding and regaining weight. If they managed was it the right thing to do?
I mean it's extreme, but if you get weight loss out of the way, you can sooner focus on building muscle. I reckon that's just as good as building a bit of muscle and losing a bit of weight simultaneously on a minor calorie deficit.

Theoretically it's possible, just unlikely that someone is going to see long term results from doing this. This isn't to dissuade you from trying to lose weight, it's just been shown that most people who try to to lose weight light this end up gaining it back. Also it's possible you'll just get sick from being deficient in some nutrient.

Im thinking about doing a 10 day fast to finish up my cut, Should I still lift during this period to minimize muscle loss? I've been sticking to lif ting in a calorie deficit because it's tried and true and I'm clinging to what little gains I have, but I've been seeing so much evidence that fasting is GOAT

This is true. Beginners, especially fat ones can build muscle and lose fat at the same time in a cut and lifting. Obviously there will be a point where you won't build muscle and will have to maintain. It varies a lot depending on various factors.

You are probably going to lose a lot of fat and muscle. And I really dont recommend to fast and lift... it may be dangerous, your energy levels will be very very low, and probably you wont have the energy to keep lifting. Just reduce more your calories and lift, but do not fast and lift.

But I've found eating one meal a day is the easiest way to lose weight because it keeps down insulin spikes and hunger

Fasting does not target fat. When you starve yourself, you're body goes into survival mode and tries to save as much fat as it can in order to keep your organs warm while eating away at your muscles. M

This.

I fasted for three days once and gained 76 lbs thanks to starvation mode.

This is true. That's why were always see those pictures of fat as fatass holocaust survivors

>be fat
>lets try fasting for like 5 days, I'm sure it'll be great
>can't sleep
>constantly nervous
>headache
>feel weak as fuck
>stomach hurts
>breath smells
>feel like I'm gonna die

I made 3 days but holy shit. Maybe if I didn't have to go to work and could only lie in bed I could do it.

no. if you are fat it's much better to lift. if you only cut weight then you are just losing fat, but if you are lifting weights some of the fat will get used to create muscles

No. Losing weight without toning the body results in flappy skin, and dieting without learning about healthily managing macro/micronutrients is just setting yourself up for future failures.

Will low weights + high reps while taking BCAA help retain muscle mass and increase metabolism while on a major caloric deficit?

You gotta do hard keto first for two weeks, then switch to fasting. You also need to regularly supplement with electrolytes.

t. 14-day faster

>want to try keto while losing weight
>cannot go into ketosis apparently because of gluconeogenesis(?)
>need the protein to stave off muscle loss

fuck me I guess keto is too good for my fat ass

Doesn't gluconeongenesisevangelion happen only for like 2 days before your body switches to ketogenesis?

I have no fucking idea. All the people I've seen talking on reddit and other keto related forums have apparently read these diet books and specifically talk about a section on GNG but none of them understand it because I guess keto makes you fucking retarded. All I understood from any of it is that too much protein is bad on a keto diet. That's it. No percentages, no certainties.

I guess I'll just continue on with high fat high protein and feel like shit if my body wants to feel like shit. Whatever.

I lose 80kgs so I have a lot of experience with this. I trained before, then after college became fat. In my opinion it's best to exercise. Exercise gives you muscle and confidence to continue. Everyone recommends taking walks but that doesn't do jack-shit. Cheapest thing you can do if you can't afford a gym is maybe get a bench press or at least a bar and a couple of dumbbells and then you lift daily. Whatever exercise you want, squats, OHP, curls, deadlifts. Muscles change everything. It becomes easier to lose weight with exercise. Even in daily life it's easier whenever you need to carry something when your arms are stronger.
>lifting while fasting doesn't build muscle because you're not consuming enough calories
Also not true. People in prison don't eat much but they exercise a ton and they become huge. Most of them don't have any access to steroids and they eat too little for how much they work out. Your body adapts. Anyway, if you're lazy I would focus on the most basic exercise. Don't try to do pull-ups in the gym and fail and look like an idiot in the gym.

Not eating at all vs not eating much is very different for your body.
Not saying you're wrong tho.

Lifting on a deficit as a fat fuck build muscle because your body is consuming a shit ton of calories (your fat fucking self) to remain 250+lbs.

I didn't read OP's novel of a post but I was 145kg of fat once, now I'm 88kg and pretty lean. Not bodybuilder on stage lean but abs showing, look wide and strong. Lift 1,5/2,5/3/4.
Been at it for 2 years, though it's not like I did everything perfectly or never had a bad week. And I still have weight to drop (184cm).

This board kept telling me to "just lose the weight first idiot" but it's shit advice. Nothing keeps you motivated like lifting and it's easy as fuck to put on muscle and lose weight at the same time if you're seriously overweight. Every time I looked in the mirror I saw fat transform into muscle, not fat transforming into a weak faggot.
Congrats to you as well.
>Everyone recommends taking walks but that doesn't do jack-shit.
Depends what condition you're in. I honestly found walking really useful though it was mostly just to get myself out of the house and get some fresh air. I played a lot of sports as a kid and teen but during my twenties just fell into the bed-computer chair-bed trap. That's how I got fat too, not by snacking but eating like I had eaten all my life when I had practice 6 times a week and not really caring when it started to show.

If you're just sitting inside your mind goes dull and your hormone levels are shit. Just getting some sun and walking energizes you which in turn might help doing home exercises or whatever if you don't think you're ready for a gym. I walked and did some pushups and random shit with a dumb bell for maybe 3-4 months before joining a gym again.

Fasting is a meme. Just eat 500-1000 kcal on a deficit and you should lose about 0.5-1kg a week. Steady pace where you see constant results but also don't feel like shit.

No. Fat people should focus PURELY on making sustainable lifestyle choices that they can maintain for life. Not fasting or doing any other form of unsustainable diet (keto, 5-2, etc). As a result of eating 2200-3000kcal a day, getting all the fruit/veg/protein they need and exercising 5-10 times a week they'll gradually get to a healthy weight (will take years) and they won't gain the weight back because they've fixed all the shitty choices they used to make; plus they'll try and pass the lifestyle to their kids

How can you have abs at this level of weight loss? I'd figure you'd have a mess of loose skin.