Doing SS for a few months

>Doing SS for a few months
>Just became blueman on symmetric strength (total novice, no untrained)
>lifts still shit
>starting to go t-rex mode

My quads are way more developed than the rest of my upper body. Is it time to look at another beginner program? One that hits the upper body more? I like the progress I'm making on SS but I hate the way my body looks.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/GpDSNjD.jpg
defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/
jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

should note that in particular i have no chest or lats to speak of and I think I have genetically bulky obliques and wide hips so i look REALLY strange rn

>became blueman on symmetric strength
>starting to go t-rex mode
bullshit

funny enough my back squat is my "weakest" lift according to symstr

idk how to explain it but I'm telling you i look like shit

bump

How many months on SS?

Do StrongLifts

Do your accessories, remember to add weight to them.

I think the reason people become t-rex is because its harder to add weight to the upper body exercises compared to adding weight to squat and deadlift bars.

Weighted pullups and weighted dips rock.

shit i completely forgot to mention that I'm doing the "modified" SS from the sticky fuck I'm dumb

My accessories are

Weighted Incline sit-up 3x5 with a 30lb. dumbbell on my chest
Dips 2x8 (right now i'm doing 8 and then 9 so once I do 2x10 i'll start doing weighted dips) on A days
Neutral grip chin ups 2x5 (doing 5/6 so when I get to 10 or over I'll switch to weighted) on B days
Weighted hyperextensions 3x8 with a 45lb. plate

and I'm doing Pendlay Rows rather than power cleans

should I add in curls and tricep extensions? I'm already in the gym for almost 2 hrs per workout session

Eventually people are going to realize that genetics and testosterone play a much larger part in muscle distribution than whatever program you're on.

The reason you become t-rex mode on SS (even with accessories) isn't because SS is a t-rex program, it's because you have shit genetics and can't put mass on your upper body no matter what program you do. Conversely if you put a gifted Chat on SS they'll further refine their already manly proportions.

You can add all the accessories you want, or try doing a pure upper body bro-split, but all that's gonna happen is you will make zero gains. Might as well do SS and get strong.

I have put mass on my upper body, just at a slower pace than my lower. What I'm asking is if there's a beginner program similar to SS that emphasizes the lower body a bit less.

Dont be a fag. Do SS but add Rows and Military presses.

Greyskull LP. You're welcome.

what a fucking crap! You people really do this?

lol

is literally the best starting program

>3 months doing SS
>"ITS FUCKING GENETICS ALREADY KID THATS WHY YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A NICE UPPER BODY"

holy shit man kys

explain why it's so bad or never post again

yeah right. With that progression is a shitty shit.
And why the amrap? 2-5 warmups? Thats crap user. Maybe can work to gain some strenght but you will never get hipertrophy with that.

Weak bait is weak.

Whats your objective? Why do you train? To gain some strenght or the gain some muscle?

No user. Seriously not. I can post you a real strenght and hipertrophy routine of 2 months with gains around 20% of your RM. The first month you will gain strenght by more muscle and the second month you will gain strenght by neural connection.

not the guy you're responding to but OP here

those seem like 3 ways of asking the same question so I'll answer

been skelly all my life decided I wanted to be stronger and look better

so i want to build a strength base before transitioning to a hypertrophy program

idk if "strength base before hypertrophy" is a meme but I'm lifting baby weight right now so rn I'm focused on getting stronger but I don't want to go Zachmode because eventually I'd like to start going for primarily aesthetics.

Do it then.

So strength foundation with a little bit of aesthetics. Do Greyskull, look up Phrak's Greyskull or use the provided pic. Seriously, it's your best option as a beginner.

idk if "strength base before hypertrophy" is a meme but I'm lifting baby weight right now so rn I'm focused on getting stronger but I don't want to go Zachmode because eventually I'd like to start going for primarily aesthetics.

Not a meme. If you can lift more weight you can achieve more hipertrophy but at the same you can gain strenght without hipertrophy.
The russian study a lot about that. Do you know whos Yuri Verkhoshansky is? He made a table about this, pretty acurrate sempai.

Ok. Give me a sec and I will do it.

>Not a meme. If you can lift more weight you can achieve more hipertrophy but at the same you can gain strenght without hipertrophy.

That was my figuring but since I'm a DYEL i figured I'd keep my mouth shut about it

Just dont start calling it hipertrophy. Its hypertrophy.

you right! But Im not native speaker, so fuck you!

hahaha fuck him up Dimitri

>I'm not a native speaker, I cant write the letter Y!

Provide the program or fuck off already.

Tell me "Pretty please kind user" and i will.

Empty words, so weak bait actually was weak. Made me reply though.
3/10.

Pretty please kind user

Nice samefagging btw.

OP here

is me

thanks! I will post 2 versions. If you have your shoulders fucked dont to the strenght part of second routine (week 5 to 8)

Post a pic please. There are few things I enjoy more than laughing at some poor sap who fell for the SS meme.

Yeah I didnt mean you. Your not the faggot of this thread, dont worry.

How do I know my RM and %. Easy user use the Epley equation.
RM 100% = 0.33 x Weight lifted x The number of reps you can make + Weight again

you've been lifting for a few months, nothing on you is developed let alone more developed than anything else

You can do that template with any major lift like Squats, Bench presses, Shoulders presses and rows, but If you do more than 2 exercises a day you need to split it.

I mean here dude

Imgur'd because blue board

i.imgur.com/GpDSNjD.jpg

Fuck i mean 0.033. the vodka is not helping
Epley equation.
RM 100% = 0.033 x Weight lifted x The number of reps you can make + Weight again

no my legs are definitely bigger than they were

i was auschwitz mode before so i did make visible gains

Doesnt look too bad. You do have wide hips so I suggest you go crazy on your lats to even them out.

What are some good lat accessories to add to the modified SS routine? Should I switch from neutral-grip chins to wide-grip pull ups?

DYEL here. This is the program I've been followin for the last two weeks. Why is it bad ( I know it's not )?

Side Lat Raises, Wide Grip Pullups, One Sided Dumbbell Rows etc. Dont overdo it and try to do them all on your workout days. Maybe cycle through them. Your physique is managable, you need to develop your upper body though, you were right on.

Some say the AMRAP sets are not useful and you could make strength gains quicker, which is true. If your goal is not purely strength its a very well balanced program though.

cant help but notice no ab work

kek. you're body shape reminds me of the grinch. Blows up around the waist with a shitty upper body and has really skinny calves. your pecker is almost bigger than your calves bro. Anyway keep up the good work. I'd love to see another progress pic in a few more months.

Another valid point. You could do some direct ab work on thr bench days, that way you dont overdo it and add a little extra to the aesthetics aspect of the program.

lollll i have really bad calf genetics i guess

but anyway that's the whole thing im asking is like how to get my upper body less shitty

is there an "intermediate" version of Greyskull with more accessory work?

bump

bumping again

bumping a third time before i let this thread die

PPL

Idiot

>PPL

>Beginner program

imblyign

do westside for skinny bastards part 3.
defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/

or do juggernaut beginners
jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/

Sorry, Im not at home. There isnt really, Greyskull is more of a template that the trainee builds around his goals and level. I suggest you read the actual book (you can find it online with a little searching) and see if it fits for you. I used GSLP to reach 1/2/3/4 and switched afterwards.

Did you train primarily for strength or for strength+aesthetics? Were you pleased with how you looked after finishing it? Was anything visibly lagging?

I didnt like the pure strength approach with SS or SL, because I wanted to look nice while doing it. I'd say overall I was pretty much satisfied, but I found that my shoulders and tricep were lagging a bit behind. I feel that for a beginner it is easy enough but really effective if you actually care about what you look like.