Was Königsberg (or any of the former eastern territories of Germany) important cultural centres or was their loss...

Was Königsberg (or any of the former eastern territories of Germany) important cultural centres or was their loss negligible in the grand scheme of things?
I've read that Prussia was just a name used by Brandenburg to elevate it's status and that the region itself was never a major centre.
Is this accurate?

eastern prussia was a shithole, no one wanted to live there
silesia and other clay was basically a large pile of bricks after red army marched through them

Königsberg is the home of Immanuel Kant, so yes, absolutely important.

>important cultural centres
Eh. Germany never really had centres like that, it's all spread out. As for that, places like Königsberg, Danzig or general Silesia were quite on par with the rest on germany when it comes to development. Rural prussia and pomerania less so.
Though calling it a shithole is quite an exaggeration.

>was their loss negligible in the grand scheme of things?
Most importantly, what was lost was the cultural uniqueness of these places. German prussians, silesians and pomeranians (most of them survived the expulsion) were spread around germany and assimilated to the local cultures. Culturally, it meant the loss of local customs and dialects, which is rather sad. Politically, it removed the specific influence of prussian authoritarianism and elite politics as well as political protestantism... probably a good thing in the long run.

Germans just deny it's importance to avoid the butthurt lol

It would be like Japan losing Tohoku and Hokkaido

Germans were expelled like this, more or less, because they used the Presence of the German colonists as a pretext for war. Basically, Hitler stated that any number of Germans living anywhere is a cause enough for war. So everybody post war told: Ok. There won't be any Germans anywhere, save Germany proper.

Definitely. Königsberg, Marienburg, Stettin, Kattowitz, Thorn..

Prussia WAS Germany proper dummy

Why do you think Berlin is so close to modern day Poland

Germany proper was the area of Central Europe outlined in the German Confederation for like 1000 years, excluding Prussia

Here are the true borders of Germans.

fixed

berlin is a capital of germany only because of prussia

>Kant
>Important
I'm sorry but seriously?

>almost completely changing the western philosophy
>not important

One clever guy does not a cultural center make.

sorry i thought you were implying kant himself is not important

I have no idea what that guy meant, I just justified one of his possible intentions.

excuse me

You mean this.

Silesia was very valuable and one of Germany's most important industrial regions. It's why it was so attractive to the Poles. The rest was more or less agricultural.

>1228
>prussia in HRE
>germany so deep into Polish territory
LOL

It's satire, it's not meant to be accurate in the first place.

It also just happened to have a large Polish population

The teutonic order was in the beginning a vassal of the HRE

Germans had been considered decent and sentimental if not poetic people until Prussians brought universal goose stepping and gross autismus. Good riddance.

hmm probably not, as far as im aware of all the important universities and printing houses were in germany proper, the only thing relevant as far as i know is that it was the home of the teutonic order and many nice teutonic castles, it's a pity they're not part of Germany now, but oh well, Germans have more important things to worry about than old castles and history, their very existence is threatened by immigration and low birthrates(same as all Europe)

So did prussia. What silesia had and prussia didn't was coal and iron ore.

Eastern Prussia is quite often described as a cultural wasteland, inhabit by dull minded peasants tending to their sandy soils and only producing culture in Völkish celebrations. Late 19th century and early 20th century saw the region stagnate even further with massive movement of people to Western parts of German Empire. Poles were also systemically discriminated, which only reduced the social life.

When your only neighbours are poland and lithuania, your local economy can't help being a bit hampered.

prussian waged a rebellion just to join polish hegemony

Prussia should have been made into an independent SSR tbqh

You know how it was called the German Empire?
guess who they colonized

the Slavic poles

wrong

Also wrong.

I don't know quite what you're referring to, but it surely wasn't in the 19th century. Poland didn't do well under russian rulership, so it wasn't exactly a good trade partner.

nope not even close

your like little babies, watch this

He's referring to the duchy of Prussia

We are hitting levels of autism that shouldn't be possible.

we haven't even begun

What are the chances of Germany getting back Szczecin at least?

Extremely low.
At most they could get back the city of konigsberg alone.

lol no

Germany does not want a bunch of squatting Slavs. They themselves have stated this

I don't mean all of Kaliningrad. Just the city alone.
The results would be negligible.

The city is a massive junkjard at the moment. The costs to bring the city on German level would be massive, not to mention that nobody there would speak German.

Germany is already a shithole so I doubt it would be that hard.

But would NATO genuinely consider stripping Russia of Kaliningrad if war broke out?

NATO would get nuked in the ass from the south west by Russia's new missiles.

Yes it’s basically Poland with a little bit of German sprinkled on top. Prussians were polish who we wuzzed their way to the top

berlin was capital of brandenburg, an electorate of the HRE (electors have power to vote for the emperor). brandenburg came to own prussia, a principality that payed homage to the polish king that outside the border of the HRE, through dynastic inheritance, and styled themselves kings because of this province (whereas in the HRE the only supreme sovereign was the emperor). from then on it was brandenburg-prussia and eventually all the terrirories of brandenburg-prussia and its rulers come to be known as prussia. prussians come to dominate former HRE in the 19th century by diplomacy and by militarily defeating Habsburg Austria, the country who for centuries was the most powerful polity in the HRE and who served as Holy Roman Emperors by virtue of this power. This deference to Austria gets replaced by deference to Prussia, and Prussia politically unifies the former HRE/german lands in 1871, which is why their capital Berlin becomes capital of all Germany. Even so, the prussian-led german empire still has autonomous states within it like Bavaria

Are you sure?

>The yardstick of european clay is 1002 years
Guess Czechia doesnt exist either

This

Malbork and all these other castles are still maintained by the Poles quite well, so it's not like they are ruins now.

SEIN VATERLAND MUSS GRÖßER SEIN