Success stories thread?

>used to see my acne, lanklethood, poor mental state and general negative traits as an unfixable curse passed down by my parents
>Veeky Forums finally convinced me that these are not curses but blessings, challenges I can defeat and grow stronger from
>two years later and I'm living every day happy and grateful
Just wanted to say thanks brahs

only been lifting for 2 months but I see a pretty tremendous increase in my mental health.

also stopped smoking weed around a month ago so maybe that has something to do with it, but ive never been happier day to day

Went from 97kg borderline suicidal to 85kg today, happy(ish) but better everyday. Only been 4 months so in a year ill be all good. Its the best change ive ever made in my life

Literally me in the left right now hope 5x5 helps change that

We ALL can make it user, no matter how you look right now.

>be 39yr old divorced IT fag
>used to be athletic in my early 20's
>quickly deteriorated into dad bod
>5'11" 195 at my worst
>stop reading /g/ and start reading Veeky Forums
>change my diet to more greens and lean meats,eggs, nuts
>reintroduce myself to water
>learn to squat
>stop being curlbro
>do massive amount of push ups, dips, buy wrist roller.
>after 2-3 months of harsh acclimation, start to feel better and look better.
>get compliments from senpai and friends
>get compliments from ladies at work
>HIIT gym girls actually talk to me

I could go on forever but my story isn't over. It's just beginning. I have a 7/10 non-gym-going gf, but fit 8/10's openly show interest in me.

I just want to thank Veeky Forums for the motivation (negative and positive) and the comical bro-science too.

I'm 40yrs old now and in the best shape of my life. I'm always looking forward to taking my shirt off, cooking, sexing, way more confident, wake up earlier/happier, and my loads are huge.
My loads are huge.

>tfw /gfit/

feels bad, currently at your first stage. was worse 1-2 years ago though.

You got word filtered. :/

I hope so. I'm literal meme look right now, no muscle, wide hips, skelly in the ribs yet have a gut and light moobs. But I am just hoping lifting will change that

Anyone knows this guy program?
I look like him on the left but white, and I thought there's no hope for me.
I hope this image isn't fake.

keep your muscles tense and hurting every day and you can get results in 2 months with right kind of diet. also drink lots of water. 70% of human is water so you do need the 70% water for every new cell of yours.

Went from depressed crybaby nihilist sticc skeleton t-rex to T H I C C 225lb bro.
1pl8 OHP
4pl8 DL
More mass, power, perseverance and confidence than I've ever had in my life and the gainz train just keeps rolling.
It's like lifting unlocked the true me.
Fuckin' A lads, we all gonna make it.

Don't do 5x5 if you want to make the transformation to the right. It's good for building base strengths but it's too fucking slow and neglects too many body parts. Switch to a different program once you get stronger

Proud

I remember that reatrd from youtube. He claimed that he made that progress in like 10 weeks or something and of course was trying to sell people his fucking ebook. Fitness youtubers are scum.

>was incredibly active + happy teenager at 18, played football religiously
>injure knee severely, can not play any sports anymore
>unable to get surgery for 3 years because growth deficiencies
>go from lean, healthy and happy @ 63kg to severely depressed, constantly anxiety-ridden 90kg
>meet a girl who is pretty, my type (ethnic brown) and has a nice ass who likes me for whatever reason, i am lonely and depressed and have also never had a girlfriend before so we start dating because i think with my dick
>she enables me to feel better about my situation, saying that it's not my fault and that once i get the surgery i will lose weight
>she is also emotionally manipulative and would use self-harm + sexual assault as a tactic to get me to give her attention when she wanted it
>believe that it's normal and all couples go through this, didn't realise how fucked up it was because i had no self-esteem at the time
>at a party one night talking to a girl that i used to have feelings for
>while we are in conversation, i look at her and how she is talking to me and realise that i am severely unhappy in my relationship because my girlfriend had never been that kind to me unless she wanted something
>something clicks and i go back into the same mentality i had when i was still active
>all traces of depression and anxiety disappear
>break up with my girlfriend the next week
>download myfitnesspal, start meal prepping and going to the gym regularly
>get the same haircut i used to have when i was playing sports every day, start wearing the jersey i always used to wear
>grind the fuck out of life, get a new job, get accepted into a degree for IT, made new friends and flirting with girls
>lose 20kg in 5 months, down to 11% body fat at 70kg
>happier and healthier than i have been in a long time
>got a letter last week saying that i have been approved for surgery, on the waiting list for it now

still a manlet but fucking made it brahs

Fuck Neymar.

he looked better before

congrats brah u made it

Add any extra arm workouts to that 5x5. I done 5x5 and happy with the overall progress but my arms lagged behind.

4pl8 DL at 225 lbs isn't impressive at all. How tall are you? I'm 6'4 205 and I dead 475 lbs, sounds like you fell for the strongfat meme