OHP is the bane of my existence

OHP is the bane of my existence

>stalled for the 423rd time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU&t=204s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The story of my life

press 3x a week. do the 'russian squat routine' for the press. you will add 5-15kg in 5-6 weeks if you do some additional assistance

>it's yet another bar refuses to go up past your eyes episode

you don't eat enough
you don't push your chest up enough

80kg squat
60kg bench
80kg deadlift
42.5kg bent over row
35kg ohp

Just fuck my shit up

I am eating at a caloric surplus of 500 atm

that's pretty standard desu for your strength level

r you me everything has been going up slowly except my OHP

Why would anyone destroy their rotator cuffs doing that meme exercise.

Get some fucking dumbbells you idiots before you injure yourselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU&t=204s

>press
>meme exercise
kill yourself my man

U press 1pl8 yet? If u do change to a better program.

what's your bodyweight?

what's a better program?

You're just weak overall. OHP maybe the best lift there.

your OHP is fine compared to your strength level, your diddly is actually what seems to be lagging... your flexors and adductors need work

100kg squat
110kg deadlift
60kg benchpress
why is my chest so shit senpai

Intermediate (concurrent/conjugate/percentage based) instead of linear. E.g. tm, madcow, etc. Look it up.

79kg 6'2"

Your chest matches your squat. You deadlift is abysmal though. Should be a plate heavier than your squat at least

Is there a difference between seated and standing ohp, i feel like seating im able to focus more on my shoulder/upper bodies instead standing

Veeky Forums proving once again how fucking stupid they are

>Your chest matches your squat
reeeeeeeeee not him but I've been perpetually lagging with my bench behind squat bt 30-40kg. I'm quick to progress on legs, but chest has just been a nightmare.

why do you do them?
because a fat old man told you to?

>doing seated OHP
>can't get it up the weight
>walk of shame as I grab lighter dumbbells

85kg squat
62.5kg bench
90kg DL
40kg OHP

does that mean ive got a good OHP?

and im assuming those lifts are 5RM?

t.lanklet who tried ohp and failed miserably and is now bitter about them

that's why i do most things

no, i never tried them at all.
why do you do them as opposed to other shoulder exercises?

because it is the best shoulder exercise

i had a 160 kg deadlift at those bench and squat numbers you fucking weakling

this tbqh, made the best shoulder gains of my life with OHP

You know there's nothing weird about a 35kg ohp if you bench 60kg, stop inventing imbalance when you've been lifting for 3 months

DYEL here

OHP gave me shoulders, people have commented abt how ive filled out

but his lifts ARE imbalanced user

not the OHP but the deadlift is seriously lagging

is fit really full of dyel faggots

but why standing barbell?
standing you use the whole body, but you would have a lower 1rm from strict press vs seated shoulder press. but you could push press when standing up to "cheat" the ohp for the eccentric portion when nearing your max for what you were doing.
Dumbbells would require more stabilization than a barbell, so while the barbell would let you lift more weight, the dumbbell would cause more activation of the shoulder muscle, shouldn't you be doing both of these variations?

No, but this thread is

t. dyel

half of Veeky Forums is now /pol/ new friends who are lifting for le race war and try really hard to fit in

>tfw sitting there almost shitting yourself trying to raise the bar past eye level for at least 15 seconds
>someone actually comes up behind you and says "let it go bro"

>twf did 135x2 ohp today

yes, thats why i'm asking these questions.
are you retarded?
>tfw look like a rugby player before ever stepping foot into a gym

My OHP stalled for a long time and I finally got past my plateau. I was only pressing 1 day a week (5/3/1 program) & I added a second day doing 5x5. Took 2 weeks to break my stall.

Got 160x1 & 145x5. Doing 125 5x5.

it's true that you should do the press sitting for more shoulder activation/isolation. that goes for both db's and bb's, of course.

I tend to use leg drive during my last OHP reps though, when I can't bring it up by arm/shoulder strength alone, and then slowly bring it back down over and over. creates a good burn in the triceps.

I'm doing sl 5x5 and everything apart from my squats ends up stalling because i end up doing everything just 1.5 times a week

With accessories though its not too bad for overall development.

>tfw forced to do seated ohp because my gym was made for midgets

Lanklets btfo, it seems

>135x2

Why is his grip so fucking wide?

>bb bench 100x5
>db bench 44s x 5
>ohp 50x4
i just want thick joocy delts :'(

n-suns 531 is good for ohp/bench
Source: 190x1 ohp at 210lbs 6'2

thanks, I'll look into it!

lmao do you work out in a cavern or something

Everyone always says this. I'm 6 foot 3 and live in central London. My gym is underground and has relatively low ceilings. I can touch them, so if i do standing OHP i can't fully extend my arms because the weights hit the ceiling.

>BP 100 kg x3
>FSq 100 kg x3
>DL 145 kg x5

I didn't start progressing until I dropped OHP and BSq. OHP was 60 kg x4 last time I tried and my squat was stalling indefinitely around 100-110 kg x5.
I think I'll add OHP again once my BP stalls hard. So far so good.
Back squats, I don't know. I used to love them but I keep leaning forward when rising from the hole and the whole lift just becomes a grind.

holy fuck all that was literally wrong. Educate yourself. This is why it is dangerous to take lifting advice form this board because people like you dish out bullshit advice.

Relatively yeah
Overall you're just shit

Straight bar overhead pressing is one hell of a diagnostic tool. It'll tell you a lot about your spinal stability, scapular mobility, shoulder strength and function. But it's rarely a good fit for those struggling to achieve good positions.

First off, the symmetrical stance (feet parallel on the floor) has the potential to create instability and hyperextension at the lumbar-pelvic junction. It's this lack of trunk and pillar support that becomes the weakest link in the functional chain. It limits top-end loads and places unwanted stress on the spine.

Since the body is a functional unit, this hyperextension can become more notable when you lack the ability to achieve a neutral, or possibly even slightly extended, thoracic spine position. A rounded mid-back will be tough on the lower back and also on the shoulder, reducing space in the shoulder girdle for structures to properly function.

Between the lack of lumbar spine stability, thoracic spine mobility, and the ability to display functional range of motion and stability through the shoulder girdle, the overhead barbell press is risky.

TL;DR : stop overhead pressing, it's a useless lift that won't even grow your delts

wear a belt if you are worried about your lower back
or
increase lower back strength

also, doesnt grow your delts?
>the exercise wear you can lift the most amount of weight focusing on shoulders wont grow your shoulders

broscience

start doing push press instead

cool story bro, I walked to the gym when turned 18 pulled straight 200 kg no prob, benched 40 kg though

you're me op

strengthen your hip adductors

how? adductor machine? I hate machines but if i need to ill do it

135kg squat
145kg deadlift
77.5kg bench
40kg ohp
65kg row

JUST

low bar squats, don't go ATG. going slightly below parallel before coming back up will engage your glutes, adductors, and abdominals in addition to your quads.

do more volume, do different rep schemes
If you're usually doing 5x5 then try 10x3, 3x10 5x7, whatever
Also, look into concurrent periodization

student at ucl or lse?

i'd be more concerned about your squat, dead, and bent over row than your military press desu senpai

Okay, I've only been doing BB squats for a couple week, so I'll keep this in mind

thanks user

wew

27 year old wageslave working as a test consultant at a pension company on southbank and living with a chink family in china town

80 kg ddy
80 kg squat
40 kg bench
26kg OHP

WHY?

what's your bodyweight?

140 kg ddy
110 kg squat
100 kg bench
75 kg ohp
>tfw weak

140kg deadlift for 5
85kg squat for 6
75kg bench for 5
52.5kg OHP for 4

Rate me

Squat is terrible because of knee issues from the past, going slow with it

>140kg ddy
>105kg squat
>65kg bench
>45kg ohp

th-thanks rippletits

Jesus fuck, do you guys even lift?

T. Dyel larper

165kg x5 ddy
105kg x5 squat
78kg x5 bench
45kg x5 ohp

125kg x 5 DL
110kg x 8 squat
90kg x 1 BP
72.5kg x 1 OHP

I don't know what the fuck happened here

sorry you got triggered

60kg OHP
92.5kg Bench Press
85kg Front Squats
180kg Deadlift

JUSS FUK MINE SHIT UUP

I know them feels, currently doing canditohq six week program and its helping my bench (its basically just increasing bench frequency over SS I think that's doing it)

Had the same problem, started rotating my feet out a bit more and using the pushing knees out cue which helped

Its always the case with faggots that pop up posting "hurr i'm better than you" shit. Everyone posting sub par stats knows they're sub par. Acting superior is not what this board is about, and I don't actually know anyone who lifts who takes the piss out of people genuinely trying, because they know how much work it actually took to get where they are.

Hence you're probably some dyel larper trying to make himself feel better.

Started creatine again and ate abit more so I'm 3-4 kg heavier than jan-aug
Did 60kgx3 last workout and then 57,5x5 today (on 531BBB). had done 60x2 and 57,5x4 before. It's very nice to progress, but it's still shit I suppose.
Will be nice to get to the point where I can add the full plate directly for all working sets

See this image for context. That's mostly what I reacted to.
I don't really know if these guys are manlets/twinks, but in any other case this "how much work it actually took to get where they are" would be a few months of lifting, except for the BP on the first post. But if that opinion triggers you, then there's not really anything I can do about that.

>120kg Dead
>80kg Squat
>60kg Bench
>50kg OHP
>60kg Calf Raise

What kind of monster am I

are you an 11yo school girl?

Would push press help?

115kg deadlift
105kg squat
72kg bench
50kg ohp
Hey it's not that bad

How to break your stall:
Push press
OHP doubles or triples
Press more during the week (4x helped me)

How is that even possible when you follow linear progression

>tfw weak ass (0 glute activation)

110kg squat
150kg diddly
100kg bench
65kg OHP

i outbench you by 10kg but you deadlift 60kg more than me

90kg squat
80kg bench
100kg deadlift
45kg ohp

SQUAT WON'T FUCKING GROW