Can somebody explain to me why Germany gets all the blame for the Holocaust...

Can somebody explain to me why Germany gets all the blame for the Holocaust? They only did what almost all european peoples thought about their jews anyway. Especially Poland prior to war was extremely anti-semitic, considering to mass-deport all its Jews to Madagascar. They then, of course, willfully helped the germans to kill them all.

Another good example is Anne Frank. Why did she die? Because a dutch person ratted her out. Was that durch person tortured, feared for his or her life? No, it was just a dutch person who noticed some jews hiding and ratted them out because the dutch hated them.

On the contrary, let's look at countries that protected its jews. In all of europe, that's only three: Denmark, Albania, Switzerland and Greece. In these countries, while the people cooperated with the Nazis in general, they didn't when it came to deporting jews. They succesfully hid all their jews, which is why all jews from these countries survived. Albania and Switzerland even increased its jewish population, because a lot of jews fled there.

Now what would the Holocaust have been if all peoples in europe acted like Danes, Swiss, Albanians and Greeks? There would have been barely a few hundred thousand dead jews. Or in other words: The holocaust was only possible in these dimensions because almost all people of europe gladfully helped.

Especially the Poles, where the largest number of dead jews came from, should stop pushing all blame to Germany. They were just as anti-semitic as the germans, and if they didn't willfully hand over all their jews, the Holocaust would have been immediately cut in half.

tl;dr the holocaust should be viewed as a genocide commited by several european peoples combined

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s0RydhVRRqw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iași_pogrom
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*that's only four

The difference is in hating the jews versus actually going forward with the plan of constructing quite literal kill chambers for them. That said, the jews themselves only account for about a third of all Holocaust casualties. The Holocaust was much, much more intense.

You don't get the point. The holocaust was seen as an opportunity for most european peoples to get rid of their jews. Especially poland. Protecting its jews was fairly easy if you wanted to do that. Danes, Albanians, Greeks did this despite being occupied with not much effort. Why didn't other countries do the same? Because they hated jews and wanted to use the opportunity to get rid of them.

The average understanding of the holocaust is something solely committed by Nazi Germany. Anyone who’s studied it even briefly will know about places like Romania and Vichy France’s roles in it and the handing over of Jews in places like the Netherlands.

bump

2nd biggest victim of the Holocaust were Poles, brainlet. They were an oppressed people not in a position to do anything.

>implying

>Especially Poland prior to war was extremely anti-semitic, considering to mass-deport all its Jews to Madagascar.
>expecting me to fall for these Teutonic Lies

SAY IT WITH ME Veeky Forums

youtu.be/s0RydhVRRqw

P O L I S H
H O L O C A U S T

>Another good example is Anne Frank. Why did she die? Because the Confederates didn’t win the Civil War. Otherwise she’d be alive and pregnant today.

Fixed that 4u

>The idea of deporting Polish Jews to Madagascar was investigated by the Polish government in 1937

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan

Polish holocaust

Not to mention right as the Nazis kicked the Soviets out of Ukraine and the Baltics, the people's there immediately started lynching and rounding up Jews before the SS ever got involved. The German soldiers literally sat back and laughed while the locals did their work for them. Then the SS came in and speed up the process.

This

People have conveniently forgotten the roving killing squads made up of Ukrainians and the Romanians,Hungarians and Lithuanians massacring their owns Jews instead of the Germans doing it for them. Germans certainly did not invent anti-semitism. A lot of it I think has to do with cold-war politics and how US and Russia wanted to get on the good side of iron curtain eastern europe.

>Romanians
>massacring their owns Jews

Wrong

(())

When everyone wants to see someone dead and you do it, you're still to blame. Also everyone will now blame you as loudly as possible to detract suspicion from their own intentions.
>yfw being a good goy works
>yfw the jews now focus on bad goy poland
Ich lachte.

Blame isnt a zero sum game. The Germans are still responsible for all those dead, but certain countries have been able to remove themselves fro their actions in WW2. So I'm all for calling them out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iași_pogrom

You're right about giving some credit to most of Europe, Hans. America deserves some love too for shooing Jewish refugees away. But it was a German program. No amount of blame shifting and whatabout will make that any less true.

I can't help feeling like you somehow think that according the appropriate culpability and complicities to other countries somehow eases the burden of history on Germany. Am I right about that?

>They only did what almost all european peoples thought about their jews anyway.
Not liking Jews =/= murdering Jews

>They then, of course, willfully helped the germans to kill them all.
A small number of Poles collaborated with the Germans. Many risked their lives to save Jews from the Germans and there are more Righteous Among Nations from Poland than any other country.

>Why did she die? Because a dutch person ratted her out. Was that durch person tortured, feared for his or her life? No, it was just a dutch person who noticed some jews hiding and ratted them out because the dutch hated them.
Just because one person ratted her out doesn't mean all Dutch hated Jews.

>Especially the Poles, where the largest number of dead jews came from, should stop pushing all blame to Germany. They were just as anti-semitic as the germans, and if they didn't willfully hand over all their jews, the Holocaust would have been immediately cut in half.
t. fucking retard

>according the appropriate culpability and complicities to other countries somehow eases the burden of history on Germany.
Oh but it does. If everyone is a little evil, we're not so much more evil in comparison, see?

Unless you are 99 years old and a former SS nobody's saying you're evil. Sticking up for evil people in the past to protect your pride is less than good, though.

>nobody's saying you're evil
Except for all of Veeky Forums and every single european politican when they want some of that sweet sweet germoney.

Confederate pregnant Anne Frankposting is truly a gift from god.

We don't have any opinions on anything more recent than 1993. If someone says they do, they must have wandered over from another board.

As such, I think it's very unlikely that anybody here has been disparaging modern Germans. They may be disparaging the AH Empire for starting a war, or the Nazis for starting another, but as far as any of us know Germans today don't have those ambitions or cruelties. Why do you choose to identify with a shameful past that you are not responsible for? As a young American, I'm not responsible for Jim Crow, although I have almost certainly benefited from its legacy. That's more than can be said for postwar Germans, who enjoyed nothing but rubble, austerity, apartheid and hard hard work for years after the war.

Maybe you should identify with that cohort more than the Nazis, as it's closer to your lifetime and has had more bearing on your life.