When does lifting start to feel good? I've been at it for 4 months now and I don't enjoy going to the gym at all

When does lifting start to feel good? I've been at it for 4 months now and I don't enjoy going to the gym at all.

Set a goal for yourself mate, thats what made me enjoy the gym a lot more. For example I started at 95 max for my bench and set a goal for myself to reach 135. I looked foward to each workout because I knew everything I did was going towards my goal. Im now currently at 235 max after a year and focusing more on legs because they're not up to par.

It's not for everyone. You may never like it. Either do it for health reasons or try other means of exercise

i started to enjoy lifting about after the first month

Get a friend to go with you. Motivating each other during the workouts really helps.

What is a friend?

Why did you start lifting in the first place?

to compensate for being a manlet

Make an imaginary one then. Lift some imaginary weights with him while you're at it.

for me, it's not that i enjoy going to the gym, it's more like not going makes me fucking miserable. ninety percent of my decisions aren't driven by a pursuit of a happiness, they're an attempt to minimise the constant overbearing neurotic anxiety that courses through my brain about everything

I feel like shit for going to the gym because people keep making fun of me for being short

i doubt that, there is one guy at my gym that is just above literal midget height but he has regular person proportions, not dwarf ones.
no one really bats an eye at him.
tho i think he usually goes around midnight

they point and laugh at me if I go during popular timings
Veeky Forums culture dominates australia

You may never like the act of going to the gym or lifting but I promise you'll like the end result. Be persistent. It's not about motivation, it's about dedication. You'll find yourself losing motivation at times but be a man and be dedicated

>not enjoying the adrenaline high

It started feeling good once I started making noticeable gains and saw my body change from what it used to be. Eventually it just became a release to get away from everything. Lift and think about shit. Release that dopamine.

start a real sport

Starting is very hard for me, but when I am almost done with my routine I always want to do more and it feels like I have more energy.

try something else like oly lifts or crossfit (not even joking). you might find something you like

Never enjoyed gyms.
Some nice meme calisthenics with meme Wim Hoff breathing technics and a bit of stretching bring me a lot more satisfaction.

I fucking hate it because I hate gyms. When I stopped going to the gym I started enjoying exercise more. Maybe try with some weights at home? Depends on your goals, I just do calisthenics and run because I want to be healthy and look okay but I'm not bothered about being big (wouldn't mind being otter-mode though).

Not the same poster BTW.

Hated it for a year. Stopped going for 4 months. Started going again and began to enjoy it. 6 months later and I love it. Just give it time, man.