Had my first session at the gym today (after induction)

Had my first session at the gym today (after induction).

Anyone got an idea of a good program for me to get started? Walking in and home is the plan. So half an hour both ways. But then I only lasted like 15 minutes or something on the machines.

Can only do the machines for now apparently

110kg 6'1 and a heavy smoker

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kf4rk8Lz5xY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

T
I
C
K
Y

we're not your personal trainer and we know jack shit about you

2 exercises per body part ; full body each time ; go every other day for weights ; treadmill daily on slight incline, 3mph.

ex: triceps--- pulley pushdowns to failure ; rope pull to failure. done. move on to another bodypart.

the idea is to keep your body moving the whole time --- rest only between sets and walking to other machine / swig H2O.

you have to reverse its entropy.

>no more until I get paid.

It wants me to eat 360 grams of protein a day man.

Don't think that's real healthy hey

Yeah this is what I think. Try to keep moving for an hour and a half. Get my torso back online. Get the shoulders to line up again and get nice forearms again

Thank you man. Can't pay unless you accept smug anime girls really

>that chart

People will make up any bullshit to sell diet plans.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kf4rk8Lz5xY

Sticky:
>If you get a little less, it won't matter, but 1g/lb of bodyweight is a good rule of thumb)

Your weight: 110 kg = 242 lbs. That would be 242 g of protein.

Read the fucking sticky. Then read everything else linked there.

Cutting Diet:
Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

242 is still insane man. Like 5 protein shakes a day

Basically just want to lose 30kg

>asks for advice
>doesnt listen to advice

More looking for a little bit of an idea of a regime I can do on the machines for half an hour or 30 minutes man. was pretty helpful actually. That sort of thing not muh sticky nonsense.

Reading the thing about compound exercises atm but its not very motivational if you get me

read through the sticky and quit smoking and you should have everything you need to be as fit and healthy as you want to be. If someone has told you that you should only be using machines and you are not >70yrs old then don't listen to them. The stickie'd post has a pretty great guide for how to build strength (with workouts that take around 30 minutes) in a way that will be good for your overall health and appearance.

the single biggest thing for any health endeavour is your diet though, so read through that section and come back to it over the coming weeks while you figure out the best approach for yourself/your lifestyle. Overall the biggest thing is to just keep going but there will always be a group of disgruntled shitposters here to point you in the right direction if you need help.

good luck

Thank you man.

Trainer guy said to give it a few weeks before going on to the free weights.

I'll put it like this: Try to accept that you're clueless about training and diet. Allow other people to educate you. Don't disregard all of the advice in the sticky, for example, just because of protein/kg bw.

"A good program to get you started" would be PPL 3 times a week for example, with added cardio, while eating at a deficit. It's not like you're somehow unable to lift weights just because you're fat.

>Trainer guy said to give it a few weeks before going on to the free weights.

What was his reasoning?

>PPL 3 times a week
What is this?

Yeah I mean that's the thing really isn't it. Came home and slammed some pasta so It won't work like that

No idea man. The state of me probably. Walked in so it was 30 minutes in before we even started.

Bench press would be the big one that I want to do I guess though

You are an entitled little prick aren't you. Asking for help and sneering, get a bit of humility, you are the one asking for help.

>Asking for help and sneering
Literally where?

I don't know why he said to give it a bit but hey.

Push-Pull-Legs. It's up to you to find the rest of the information you need.

You can start using free weights right now. It would expend calories, make you stronger, and increase your testosterone (more than cardio) which would help decrease bf. Find out your 1RM for all the exercises and train accordingly. If your stamina is shit, then that's fine because it'll improve.

I don't know what that guy talked about either, user.

1RM?

Yeah idk man I was getting pretty tired at the end of 15 minutes. Might see if someone will spot me on the bench press if there's someone around tomorrow. Pretty straight forward.

idk man. Made me think about my life for a second and take note. I'll take a lesson where I can desu

>PPL, what is this?
>1RM?
Less spoon-feeding requests would be great. Google that shit.

>man I was getting pretty tired at the end of 15 minutes
Sure. Bad stamina is expected if you're not used to exercising.

>spotting
You probably don't need spotting. You shouldn't try to move that kind of weight yet. If you're afraid of getting killed by a barbell, then you can always do dumbbell presses.

Sorry man.

idk I reckon even like 30kg would be good.

Not trying to build mass so idk if 1rm is for me? Didn't even pick up the idea of sets desu. Just did one go on the machines then ran out of ideas and felt tired so pissed off. Heavy stuff

It's all good.
Yeah, 30 kg is not something you need to be spotted for. Try out some dumbbells to get started.

>Not trying to build mass
Then you can just do cardio. But weight training is a great way to lose fat and up testosterone.

>1rm
It's just a reference that you use to later decide how heavy you should be lifting in your repetitions.

>Didn't even pick up the idea of sets
That's mostly relevant to weight training. But if you're just interested in cardio, then you should go with HIIT as well as longer sessions.

Mainly looking at the walking as the cardio I guess. I think its easier to just keep going if you have some sort of goal. The pullup and dip machine is the go for a bit I guess. Got on there with like very little assistance though and it just wasn't happening.

HIIT won't work for a long time I think man. The way I look at it I guess is if you are 80kg imagine walking carrying 30 litres of milk for the distance you walk.

Used to weigh 65ish hey

Is the testosterone thing proven or bro science?

Stop smoking obviously. If you're planning on cutting, look up intermittent fasting. Basically, you eat 2-3 per day in a 8 hour window and fast the rest with water, every day.