Routine Inspection Thread

Post yours along with height/weight and goals

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120309781
oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine/
youtube.com/watch?v=XGkRDcMeSTY
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

6ft 240 at 25 on Modified Texas Method. 5rms are 345 Squat, 200 Bench, 147.5 Press. Don't know my DL 5rm right now but today I did 385 for two triples.

Monday
Squat 5x5
Bench or Press (alternate week to week) 5x5
Deadlift 2x3
Side planks 3x10 (10 on each side)
Rear lateral raises 3x10
Hammer curls 3x10

Wednesday
Front squat 3x3
Bench or Press (90% of the previous monday) 3x5
Chins 3x5 or F (still fat)
Back Extensions 3x10
Dips 3x5 or F (fat)
Face Pulls 3x10

Friday
Squat 1x5
Bench or Press 1x5
Power Cleans 5x3
Incline DB Press 5x10
DB Rows 5x10
Face Pulls 3x10

I take a bit of a break and then some caffeine between Friday's real work and the DB stuff and face pulls. Thoughts?

Dumbbell Curls 25lbs each, 7 days a week.

Manlets...when will they learn

bump

181cm 84kg
pic related and accessories 3x8-12

what are your goals? how long have you been using that routine?

no goals just wanna get stronger and 4weeks,
i just picked this routine cause i got really bored of all the other routines (ppl, upperlower etc) and wanted something different and linear

6'4 98kgs
Goals are to hit 8-9% Bf currently around 12-14% and then over the next yr or 2 aim for 100kgs lean

Push
Bb bench 3x5 (some times drop set on the last set)
Standing db ohp 3x5-8
Incline db bench 3x5-8
*weighted dips if I feel like it 3xf chest focus
Superset lat raises 3x10-12
Superset incline cable flyes 3x10-12
Close grip bench 3x10-12
Tri pushdowns 3x10-12
Smith shrugs 3x8-10

Pull
Weighted chins 3x5 unweighted 2xf
Tbar/supported db rows 3x5-8
Lat pull down 3x8-10
Seated cable rows 3x8-10
Facepulls 3x10-12
Standing ez bar curls/preacher 4x10-12
Hammer curls 3x10-12

Legs/abs
Hack squat 5x5
Leg press 3x10-15
Leg extensions 3x10-12
Hammy curls 3x10-12
Standing/seated calves 5x10-12
Weighted Leg raises 3xf
Max decline weighted situps 3xf
* some times mix abs up with cable crunches, ab wheel and land mine 180s depends how I feel

Been hitting 10-15mins hiit cardio after weights and10mins before on leg day, and usually after cardio a few rounds on the bags with 16oz gloves slowly increasing the time of each round

Thoughts?

ABxABxAB

A
Dumbbell bench
Dumbbell Row
Curl

B
OHP
Squat
Chin up
Dips
Curl

5'9" / 183

I want to get otter mode

Found this dumbbell routine on the bb forums a while back. Living at home for the time being so I don't have access to a squat rack. Is this a decent beginner routine? 5'7, 150 lbs. Too dyel to have specific goals but I'd like to mainly lose some body fat.

Workout A
Split Squat 3x8 (each leg)
Bench 3x8
DB Rows 3x8 (One arm on bench, back parallel to floor)
Reverse Flies 3x10
Calf raises 2x15/French Press 2x10 Superset

Workout B
Walking Lunge 3x8 (each leg)
Overhead Press 3x8
Deadlift 3x8 (For this I will be using a barbell)
Lat Pulldowns or Pull/Chin ups (Once you reach 3x8 begin adding weight)
Ab work 2x15/Curls 2x10 Superset (I don’t care what ab work you do)

>dedicated arm day

I'm going to visit a friend in a week, for about ten days. He's quite the couch potato, but he's looking forward to our gym sessions. There's only a slim chance that he would do any kind of sports without me. I'll try to do as much linear progression as possible, perhaps that's enough motivation so that he'll continue on his own, even if it's just cardio.

In the morning:
>4x400m running, always measure time to document improvements

In the afternoon:
>Bench Press or The Overhead Press 3x5
>Squat 3x5
>Negative Chinups, 3x as much reps as is reasonable
>Deadlift 1x5
>Exercises for fun or memelifts: weighted dabs, curls, ab-training, skipping, farmer's walk

Does it look OK? We might get six training sessions together max. Should I drop BP or OHP to get that dere linear progression?

Oh, it'll be AxAxAx, I forgot to write that.

>Look mama I said it again Hyuk hyukhyuk

Make to do a lot of rows/horizontal pulling with nsuns. It's a must with all the pressing. There's also a template with rows programmed in it that you can find on the nsuns board on reddit

Don't see a better thread for my question so here I go:

Can I run with a program where I do triceps/chest on day 1, biceps and back on day 2, legs and abs on day 3, all at around +500kcal and then do a -500kcal cardio day 4? Is it gonna push my stupid body in starvation mode?

Started today a modified grayskull LP.

Day 1
>Bench/OHP (alternating) 3x5
>Barbell Row/Weighted Chin Ups (alternating) 3x5
>Squats 3x5
>FacePulls 3x12-15
>Calf Raises 3x8-10
>Planks 2x60''

Day 2
>Deads 1x5
>Box Squats 3x8-10
>Close-grip bench 3x12-15
>Barbell Curl 3x12-15
>Pallof Press 3x6

Day 3
>Squats 3x5
>Lat Raises 3x12-15
>Calf Raises 3x8-10
>Ab Planks 2x60''

>Last set in main lifts is AMRAP (as many reps as possible)
>Linear progression for main lifts, 2.5/5lb more per session, 10% deload if fail to do 5reps in any set

Opinions are more than welcome

For reference my current 5RM are roughly:
>Bench 70kg
>Squat 75kg
>Deads 110kg
>OHP 40kg
>Rows 65kg
>Chin ups +20kg

this

About a month into lifting. 5'9", 158, trying to cut to about 14% bf before starting a lean bulk.

Push:
Flat Bench 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5
Dumbbell Skullcrushers 3x10
Rope Pushdowns 3x10
DB Shoulder Press 3x10
Hanging Leg/Knee Raises 3x20
Weighted Dips 3x10
Shrugs 3x10

Pull:
Seated Rows 4x10
Lat Pulldowns 3x10
EZ Bar Curls 3x10
Lat Raises 3x10
Cable Crossovers 4x10

"Legs":
Squats 4x5
Standing Calf Raises 4x10
EZ Bar Curls 3x10
Weighted Dips 3x10
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x10
Seated Rows 3x10

I know I should be starting to incorporate more and different stuff like pull ups/OHP/bent over rows, but I don't know how to do it.

looks terrible

>Bench or Press (90% of the previous monday) 3x5
fuck that shit bruh you'll need more volume for your presses, even with the assistance
nothing for your lower back / erectors? kinda lacking in the hamstring department too so maybe add some romanian DLs?
you too seems legit IMO

>pull ups/OHP/bent over rows, but I don't know how to do it.
what do you mean?

my project mementum modified to shit:
AxBxCDx
A:
Comp Bench
Comp Squat
Chins + OHP superset

B:
DL
Pin Bench
Pin Squat
Chins + Dips superset

C:
OHP
Pause Squat
Chin + Legs-up 2ct pause bench superset

D:
Pause DL
TnG Bench
Front Squat
Chins + whatever press i feel like superset

for the first two movements every workout i work up to 1@8 and then do backoffs where i DUP the rep scheme pretty much out of my ass with every other week being higher in volume and every other in intensity. every 5th week is a "muscle confusion week" where i try to maintain volume but only do tempo variations or shit like that. then i repeat the cycle but try to have more volume one way or another

hi there
183~184cm , currently 89kg after a severe cut and a two-weeks summer hiatus (I've done some outdoor activities daily anyway)
going to start again with this, first week will be in "deload mode"
goals? slow and steady progression, the 24/7 gym is literally 3 minutes on foot from my home and the workout is usually less than 50 min., never over 60 min.; I read something like ~1 book/month during rest times

I run a PPLPPLx as well, but it's about half of th exercises. I think you've got too much there. Why not do half of your Push on your first push day, and the other half on the second, etc?

Mon/Tue/Fri

Bench, Press, Lat pulldowns 5x5
Leg press 4x7-10
Calf raises on the press 4x20

Faggot who posted this. 193cm, 96 kg, plz rate

I could do that, but if I only do like four exercises I don't feel like I'm pushing myself enough. Maybe that means I need to do heavier weight (I'm still at pretty low weight atm).

I also lift six days a week, so maybe that's an issue, I'm not sure. My lifts aren't really progressing all that much, but they're still sorta going up, and I'm cutting about 600 calories a day.

there's nothing to rate.

>6'1
>240 lbs
>goalz are to hit my grandfathers maxes from when he competed back in 1960, they are nothing great but it makes a nice starting point

Now post your granddads maxes :-)

Why is leg day two leg exercises and four upper body exercises?

Because my right knee hurts if I do leg extensions and squats on the same day, and I'm too afraid to blow it out. Hence the scare quotes around "leg" day.

>165lb clean and press
>155 lb snatch
>200 lb clean and jerk
>235lb floor press
>385lb squat
>330lb deadlift

Leg extensions apply a shearing force on the knee cap. No one should them, ever.

Here's how I do my leg days. I have two:
>3x5-8 Deadlift
>3x5-8 Split Squat or Lunge
>3x8-12 Standing Calf Raise

and
>3x5-8 Squat
>3x5-8 Romanian Deadlift or Weighted Glute Bridge
>3x8-12 Seated Calf Raise

I also do forearm curls and any ab work on leg day.

If your knee is too weak for lunges, Stepups can also work, so long as you're not stepping too high.

R8 this plz :(

I need some help with setting a routine. I am constrained to 5 days where I can do strength training or cardio. However how should I balance swimming and running? Also should I have 3 or 2 days cardio.

Forgot to say that my main goal right now is to hit 1/2/3/4 for reps before focusing on hypertrophy/aesthetics or anything else. I was doing complex ppl routines and the like, but I realized it's probably better to build a decent strength base before diving into any of that again.

Also should I say I do rock climbing typically once or twice a week, in case that matters.

what do you recommend instead of the 3x5 taken down a notch? I'm not married to any of what I do on Wednesdays

two days cardio and in shorter/more intense sessions. can you do a strength routine that calls for linear progress?

6'4" 235
Currently bulking. On a 5-day split but going to dial it back to fewer days since I'm not seeing gains very quickly. After 11 weeks of my split I'm starting to plateau- my bench and DB row are stalling and I'm not sure how to get over it.

Those rows before deadlifts are probably holding your deadlift back. Maybe do rows on day 1, chins on day 2, and alternate day 3?

more rest is probably the answer- do the bench and DB row come the day after something burly that you need time to recover from?

About to start squat every day again. Someone give me a good bodybuilding routine for my upper half.

I just want to squat big and look good.

do you have a strength base already or did you skip a beginner strength routine? important to know

Strength base is well built. 1.5/3/5/5.5

All I know how to do is lift heavy.

Was gonna make a thread but this is good too.
Did these 3 routines during the past few years (not seriously bc of school and work) and lost 10kg of gainz because of a gastritis.
Anyway this year is my year and I'll have all the time and money to build my ideal physique.
So which routine is better for building mass. I'm going to lean bulk during the next year and maybe even the next one.
I'm open to any other 4 days routine suggestion or any modification. The goal here is to profit from muscle memory and noob gainz as much as I can.

Give this a whirl

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120309781

I'd do number 2. Get some real strength going as long as you have the time/energy/cash for food to recover

Ayy me too. I'm still looking for a chest accessory for Wednesday any ideas? I don't like flyes. Also did you find that you have to eat a lot more on this program to make gains? I went from gaining 1lb/week while eating 3200 cals/day on my old routine to needing 3700 cals/day to gain the same on nsuns

Oh and I'm 6'0 165 lbs and my goals are to get my lifts as high as possible before next February when I will start to try and lean out

Seems very reasonable. Thanks for the tip, will do that

5'11", 175lbs
I finished a cut (I'm at 15 or 16 bf%) and now I just started to bulk to gain strength and mass, mainly arms and back. My legs are already of decent size.
Started a few weeks ago with Greyskull LP + accessories and I'm still tweaking it, but I'd like some insight. Adding a bit of weight (or reps in accessories) every week.

A:
Bench Press 2x5, 1xF
Squat 2x5, 1xF
Barbell Row 3x5
Chin ups 2x5, 1xF
Rear Pulldown, 3x8-12
Pushdown 3x8-12
Lat raises 3x10

B:
OHP 2x5, 1xF
Deadlift 1x5
Chin ups 2x5, 1xF
Leg Press 3x12
V Bar pulldown 3x8-12
Cable Abductor 3x12

Also some bicep curls at the end of every workout. Thanks in advance.

AB ad infinitum with a rest day whenever I feel like it. usually after a night of drinking

every B day I alternate

a: behind the neck press + snack grip rack pulls above the knee
b: incline bench + lat pulldown / squats + curls + tricep extension

what do you guys reckon?

178cm 67-68kg 10-14% bf approx

A:
Squats
Barbell row
Bench press
Pull ups weighted or nah
OHP
Farmers carry
Push ups

B:
Trap bar DL
Dumbell row
Incline Bench
Dips weighted
Chin ups
Suitcase carry
push ups

A
Deadlift
Barbell row
Bench press
Pull ups weighted or nah
OHP
Push ups
Planks / side planks

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

Pathetic lifts
70kg bench press x 5
Tried 70kg squat 5x5
Tried 90kg deadlift 3x5
40kg OHP x5
most pullups tried 12 most added weight tried 15kg
Dips most added 20kg x 5
Trap bar DL 120kg tried x 5

5'7, 110 lbs, just starting lifitng.

A
Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5
BB Rows 3x5
Pullups 3x8
Tricep Extensions 3x8
Leg Curls 3x8

B
Front Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 3x5
Seated Rows 3x8
DB Incline Bench Press 3x8
EZ Bar Curls 3x8

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Consider ditching the seated rows for additional pullups. do dips rather than tricep extensions. git gud at the big four before you add stuff my guy

front squat should stay though

Bump for more opinions
Not worried about the time even if I'll maybe have to take out some exercises or sets to reduce the trainings a little bit. Food and cash won't be a problem either. Had great results with this routine when I was poorfag who ate like shit so I should be fine.

Do you have a particular affinity for cable stuff when it comes to assistance work?

Thanks for posting this thread, I've been meaning to get some advice about the modifications I've made to StrongLifts. I'm 5'9" 165. 5rms are 176 squat, 140 bench, 90 OHP, 125 bent rows, and 230 diddly. I did SL for two months, and my modified version for the last month.

Monday
Bench 5x5
Bent Rows 5x5

Tuesday
Ohp 5x5
Diddly 2x5 (first one 90%, second one my previous pr + 5lbs)

Wednesdays I usually do arms, or any other accessory work I deem necessary.

I repeat Monday and Tuesday on Thursday and Friday, and do squats twice a week depending on my work schedule (Cuz I take forever for squats). I've been noticing all kinds of gains lately, and have been eating at around a 500 calorie surplus, although sometimes more if I wake up feeling weak. Just wanted to see some other peoples opinions on it.

You're describing a split. People have put together all sorts of splits, but I wouldn't recommend you do one until you've squeezed more out of a novice routine. You have plenty more to squeeze.

If you're noticing gains now, you could be getting even more if you really dug into the potential you have in your novice stage. Do SL or SS as it was written. Add arm shit as you please. When you start stalling on the squat, move to a split of your choosing.

Isn't this the same as SL, just increasing the freq of bench, ohp, diddly, and rows while decreasing the frequency of squats from three to two times a week?
I just grew tired of only lifting heavy on M W F and heard that SL was mainly leg focused, while lacking upper body, so I made the changes I did.

It does bring squat volume down, but it will overload triceps eventually by doing bench and OHP on consecutive days. This short-changes both of them.

Either do a full-body strength program the way it was written or do a split that doesn't allow you to do triceps work every day at the expense of PRs or real gains long-term. Choice is yours. Just stop your current routine.

Someone pls respond

Beginner here:

Three days a week

Rowing as Warm-up
Assisted Pull Ups 4x12
Squats 3x12
Bench Press 4x12
Seated Rowing 4x12
Butterfly 4x12

Going for size right now

6'3"/191 cm - ~195 lbs/88 kg
Purely aesthetic goals

PULL
3x8-12 One arm cable row
3x8-10 Seated rows
3x8-10 BB curls
+ 15-20 Rear delt raises
3x8-12 Hammer curls
+ 15-20 Rear delt raises

PUSH
3x6-10 Inc DB BP
3x6-10 Flat flyes + CGBP
3x8-12 Tri rope pushdown
+ 8-12 Lateral raises
3x8-12 One arm tri extensions
+ 8-12 Lateral raises

LEGS
3x10-12 Leg Press
3x6-10 Walking lunges
3x8-12 Leg extensions
3x8-12 Leg press calf raise

Either
3x8-12 Sidebends + shrugs
or
3x15-20 Decline crunches + leg raises
after each workout

I'm a little above beginner to fitness and I'm trying to create a 3-day full body workout, how many exercises should I be doing per workout

pls r8 my beginner routine, fellow fitizens.
182 cm
112 kg
no rack, just a barbell

Monday
5x5 1pl8 squats
5x5 2pl8 deadlift
5x5 1pl8 bent over rows

Wednesday
5x5 1pl8 overhead press
5x5 1pl8 reverse grip bent over rows
5x5 curls with 24kg kettlebell

Friday
5x5 1pl8 squats
5x5 1pl8 overhead press
5x5 2pl8 deadlift

Goals:
achieve 100kg weight around December
be able to do 2pl8 OHP till June 2018
be able to deadlift 200kg by the end of 2018

Is it realistic?

That routine is a good idea for a novice and you can always do more shit later

acquire a rack and a bench. your goals are pretty realistic btw

I do Reg Park's Beginner routine
oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine/

Progression on the Main Lifts is Wendler 5/3/1. I'm just looking for general strength + aesthetics, not trying to be a top powerlifter or bodybuilder.

I'm pretty much scared shitless of benching, wife's too weak to spot me and with my luck I'm able to crush my trachea on a first go. Can dumbbel flies be of help here?

youtube.com/watch?v=XGkRDcMeSTY

learn how to roll-of-shame the weight

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

it's ok not to do bench, even Rippetoe says it's basically meaningless and inferior to OHP

>I need an upboated routine from an unnamed uncertified unphotographed faggot
fuck off to reddit already

I'd like to adopt this routine as a noob, can someone more experienced refine it a little?

>as a noob
>refine
SS or SL or ICF or Greyskull
you're not a snowflake
there's nothing to refine for you
quit being picky and fucking lift

I do stronglifts 5x5 with accessories, so:

A
>Squats
>Bench press
>Barbell row
>Dips (wide elbows for focus on chest)
>Planks

B
>Squats
>OHP (seated due to gym ceiling being low and stopping me from fully extending arms)
>Deadlift
>Bicep curl
>Cable crunches

Week 1: ABA
Week 2: BAB
Week 3: ABA
Etc.
Etc.

I'm 6'3 and 92.5kg. I want to eventually hit 100kg but have lower BF%. I've been actively lifting for 3 odd months and am aware I should shift off the program after about 6 months.

dunno those contractions, mate. Care to elaborate?

A
>Chest, Bicep, Shoulders
3x8 Bench
4x8 Flys (Machine for now)
4x8 Chest Press
3x8 Sitting DB Curl
3x8 Preacher Curl
2x8 Lateral Raises
2x8 Front DB Raises
3x8 Shoulder/Military Press
3x8 Shrugs

B
>Legs, Back, Triceps
4x8 Squats/Leg Press
4x8 Calf Raises
>Lat Pull Downs 4x8
>Reverse Grip Lat Pull downs 4x8
4x8 DB Rows
3x8 Tricep Extension
3x8 Overhead Tricep Extension
3x8 Dips

3x Per Week

>what should i change Veeky Forums? This is only an idea right now. I really need to get into a proper routine after a long time not lifting. What should i add? Change? Remove?

I did something like the following for a while and enjoyed it. As long as you're going to split things up by body part, try to lift more often and make sure to get enough intensity along with the volume.

ABxCDxx

A- Chest/Triceps
>Bench Press 3x5
>Flys 3x10
>Dips 3x10
>Skullcrushers 3x10

B- Deadlift, Core, and Pull-ups
>Deadlift 1x5 or 2x3
>Hyperextensions 3x10
>Side Planks 3x10 (per side)
>Decline Sit-Ups 3x10
>Chin-Ups 3x10