Best bodybuilding foods on a budget

Poor grad student on a budget. What do I do? I have a crockpot and a George Foreman grill.

Peanut Butter without sugar homeboy

scoops

how to make your own healthy protein bars

1. google no bake granola bars
2. take recipe add your protein powder too it
3. follow recipe
4. ???
5. enjoy easy as fuck and cheap as fuck protein bars that are actually healthy

mines are 400kcal each, and I eat two a day boom easy 800kcals

Oats with milk. You can make oatmeal and put peanutbutter in it.

do americans actually have pb WITH sugar? how much calories does it have? even without sugar it's heavy on them. jesus christ no wonder everyone is fat

400 kcal with how many carbs, fat, and protein?

Peanut butter with sugar is the most popular peanut butter type available.

Quark.

The cheapest source of gains is the whole chicken birds.

For this you'll need:
>whole chicken
>bag of potatoes
>bag of mixed veg (I like the corn/peas/carrots one)
>bag of broccoli
>bag of egg noodles
>spices

If your crock pot came with an internal stand that can elevate food by about an inch then put that in there. Otherwise make four of five aluminum foil balls and put them in the bottom of the crock.

Pull out the gizzards and neck. rub some spices over the bird, inside the cavity and under the skin. Put the bird in the crock on the elevated suface. Put the neck on the bottom of the crock. Turn on HIGH for 1 hour, reduce heat to low for 4-5 hours. Return the gizzards to the fridge for now.

If you want some veg, then throw some potatoes in around the bird in the last hour of cooking. You can cook broccoli by wraping it in some foil, sprinkling some salt and pepper, garlic, and some olive oil on it, and then putting the foil ball of broccoli in the crock next to the bird.

Remove the bird and veg. Thats some lunches and dinner. Also remove the tray or foil balls and the neck, throw it away.

To the broth/juice/fat in the bottom of the crock add in some egg noodles and assortment of vegetables. I prefer the broccoli stems in the stew, they hold up better. I keep the florette part separate. Then add some water and stir everything together. Return the heat to high. Err on the side of less water, you don't want it too runny after the egg noodles hydrate. Stir it occasionally. Now fry up your gizzards on the foreman grill and toss them into the stew. I like the fried flavor better then just cooked in the crock

After you've had your chicken and veg dinner, take some of the chicken and shred it into the stew.

Divvy up some chicken and veg meals and portion out your chicken stew.

not as related OP, but what you studying?
what's your stipend like?

Holy fuck that sounds awesome.

Doing a PhD in econ. Stipend is a bit above 30k but most of it goes to rent.

Eggs
Canned Tuna (in Water)
Yogurt (low sugar)

It's easily a good 5-6 meals depending on how much you eat. And it's dirt cheap.

I buy them from Sam's club in the two pack for $.99/lb. Or when they go on sale for cheaper at the grocery stores. I stock them in my freezer.
>5lb bag of potatoes $.99
>4.5lb Bird $4.50
>1lb of egg noodles $2,
>mixed veg (bird's eye 5lb bag) $6. I use about a lb of veg for the stew, so $1.20
>1lb bag of broccoli $1.40
>1lb bag of broc stems& pieces $.94

So for $11 and change you get a bunch of bitchin meals.

thats awesome. im definitely cooking wrong. Im spending way too much on food and Im a poor college student.

This looks amazing. How many meals can it last?

Pork shoulder is dirt cheap, and has fat unlike chicken breast. Cook it in a slow cooker with a little vinegar and water. It will turn so tender, you can peel it apart with a fork.

Oh you can stretch it out to 10 meals easy if you go heavy on the noodles and add in like 4 potatoes cubed up. The great thing about cooking with the WHOLE bird is you get to keep all the juices and fat that drip off the bird. All that great flavor and energy from the fat then goes into the stew. The bird and veg is going to be your staple meals. And the stew is what you stretch out. But it makes a good 5-6 hearty meals.

I put myself through college on a shoestring budget. I worked full time and went to school full time. All I did was work, go to school, and cook myself food.

Mom bought me a crock pot and a foreman grill for my dorm room to help me save money and that's how i ate and survived.

The best part was all the people in the dorm would hover like vultures begging for some food because it smelled so good and was home cooked food. I had people offering me $10 for a plate.

Any cheap low carb food/ recipes?

The thing you need to learn about cooking affordably is to only eat from the perimeter of the store. And the closer to the animal you can eat the cheaper it is.

Chicken breasts on sale average $1.50/lb, but you can get the whole bird for $.79/lb on a good sale. And since you have the whole bird with all it's fat and gizzards you can stretch it out even further.

Essentially Buy only from the meat department, no processed meats.

Buy fresh produce only when it's on sale, otherwise buy frozen

fruits are far too expensive for their nutrition.

And only buy dairy as a small topping, desert, or special treat.

Lentils, Rice, Whole Wheat Bread, Eggs, and Milk

A normal bag of lentils is $1 and nets you well over 100g of protein. Buy bulk raw brown rice, the biggesr bags of frozen veggies you can find, the best ones to get would probably be peas, spinach, broccoli, etc. Beans and rice are your friends.

>whole wheat bread
>still falling for this meme

I didn't even know they had peanut butter without sugar desu senpai

When it comes to frozen veggies, just don't buy the biggest bags you can find. It might not be the best bargain.

For example A large bag of broccoli at the walmart I shop at is the birds eye 52oz bag for $5.98. That's $1.84/lb. While the great value brand in 14oz bags FREQUENTLY goes on sale for $.99 (typically $1.44)

calories is roughly the same i would think, or fewer calories since youre removing fat and replacing it with sugar

20lb bags of chicken breast
Frozen vegetables
Rice
Beans/lentils
Oatmeal
Eggs
Bananas

fatass Americans ass icing sugar and hydrogenated oils to peanut butter if you want just plain 100% peanuts its 2-3X more expensive

Get a blender

t h i s

it even rhymes with FUARK, how can it be bad

this is funny

Lentils+homemade Seitan for proteins.
Potatoes if you need more carbs.
You'll end up needing to integrate a lot of micros, but a small tin of mackarel or sardines, some nuts, and a piece of fruit or so, will probably cover most stuff.

what's your major

dietetics

>Buy whole chicken and remove all bones and throw it on a bowl
>add soy sauce, sriracha, garlic and onion (the smaller the pieces the better)
>let it rest for couple hours
>grill it on george foreman grill
>wrap some veggies and sweet potatoes on tin foil with butter, salt and black pepper and bake it on crockpot
>make some pasta
>on crockpot melt some butter and cook the garlic untill its golden, add veggies and pasta
you have couple days of food right there

why whole chicken

>nutrition major asking for food advice

you're either lying or retarded

>fruits are far too expensive for their nutrition.
oranges, bananas and blueberries are cheap as fuck though, some great vitamins and bananas are the perfect carb source for a preworkout meal

lot cheaper than chicken breast and the fats on the skin will give you some extra calories

Looks more like he needs financial advice.

not OP but i felt like u were going to say some insightful career shit so i thought i might ask im undergrad this fall

this guy gets it

if you buy peanuts and put them in a blender you get peanut butter
faggot