>did you see any benefits?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XpHiQT_hYVY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWFvQ9y1NOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>do you meditate?
>How long have you done it?
>did you see any results

There is no reason to meditate if you don't know what you should get from it. Of course you can just sit an hour per in a stupid pose and tell yourself that you get some benefits but this is placebo. Better do some exercises for an hour.

Not a meme at all

I have been off my game with it for about a month now but I did it the past year numerous times per week. It is the mental gains equivalent of the gym. Just remembering to breath and release stress in a healthy way does wonders for your person

>implying anyone meditates because they feel like it
I want better focus and concentration for my studies.

Some say there are spillover benefits of getting more lifts.

i don't know about meditation but i started doing lucid dreams and they are amazing

Not relevant. Although I'm curious, what if I fuck a girl in my lucid dream, would I wake up from the excitement?

It's not a meme, but you get to the point where you can enter the state of mind at will. Driving, in between sets, waiting in line... Basically anytime you have idle time. It's not a mystical thing, and depending on your schedule it's not practical to go through and do all that new age bullshit. When it's just a mental defrag and relaxation exercise.

It's nice having inner peace, but you still have to deal with your daily bullshit and not use it as an excuse to opt out of society.

Can I just be Ph.D. that just study and meditate 24/7?

youtu.be/XpHiQT_hYVY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWFvQ9y1NOk

Same guy. Opinion dropped.

He's right though

Kinda, once you get the hang of it it's about letting thoughts go. So it helps and improves your overall state by learning to focus on your work and then letting go of distracting thoughts.

I always wake up right before the fucking

It's not fun and it feels like I'm cucking myself every time I wake up

most likely until you learn how to control it

try spinning when it starts to go to shit. that method works the best for me

Meditation is boring as fuck, so doing it trains your focus, patience, attention span.

It's good for those mental gains. Just don't expect any Buddha enlightenment bullshit

If you meditate and focus on your breathing, the standard way, you'll get inner peace and improved discipline. If you meditate and focus on something else specifically, you can make massive gains in that area

It's basically mental violence. You force yourself to stay in one pose without moving and pay extra attention to a normally autonomous action.
You can't deny your lifts are better when you're "in the zone", so even just for improving clarity and focus when lifting I'd say it's worth it.

Not like you don't do the same when you're lifting.
>forcing your body to without 100+ kg of weight on your shoulder that puts strain on your muscles and bone structure.

>spinning when it goes to shit
No no see, I KNOW I'm gonna wake up in the next few minutes cause my eyes keep forcibly trying to close themselves, and when they do I wake up in the real world
i end up with my eyes halfway shut trying to force myself to stay in the dream but everything just melts away and I wake up.

It's frustrating as fuck to be honest

Based fronk yong

Lord's Prayer every morning and night with a Hail Mary and St. Michael sprinkled in every now and then for good measure

I just started and can meditate for 2 minutes before my mind wanders. I think it's helpful because I'm too used to having a phone or pc near me that can access anything I want to instantly, which makes it hard to focus. I never had this problem before smartphones. Sometimes I can't even fucking sleep because of it.

I did for a while, like a couple of weeks twice a day. It feels hard at first but later becomes pleasant. Didn't notice much change in other things of life I am already happy, content, focused and not easily stressed though. I forgot for a while but I am now reminded and will start again for a while I guess. It just feels very calm and dreamy once you stop the thoughts from always popping in your head.

>Not as stressed
>My thoughts or emotions no longer control me
>Have more patience

Not a meme. I have been meditating for 15 days now and I feel the benefits. Do it anons you will thank yourself.

>that pic
>I can understand the overwatch reference

That's why I think there are similarities and you could get that sweet +2 synergy bonus

Ooh. Sounds good Brother.

Results from meditating for less than a month everyday:

>Better concentration
>Fearless eye contact
>Fear-less
>Easy socializing
>Easier to flirt with women
>Better presence
>More choices (being mindful lets you be aware of more choices available to you)

this guy knows what he's talking about

i know nothing but even from very little reading into zen what reputable people seem to say is that the silence of mind must be acquired as a first step
not only would it be a way of adding an element of order and progression to your search (instead of leaving it up to the chaos of life), it would set up the environment in which you can really begin your search
no judgment, just observation
it's a process and that is what is initially achieved, but it's not the end
in zen books they say that when your meditation matures and you achieve that silence, that is exactly when you must dig more fiercely than ever
>what is the self?
>who is thinking these thoughts?
>who is the master?