Bench Max to Bench Rep ratio

Bench Max to Bench Rep ratio.

Everyone knows about the NFL bench press test, where players would bench 225 as many reps as they can.
What I'm curious about is, if you can bench x amount of weight, what is the amount of reps you could get at 225?

So everyone, for those that bench over 200 on the regular, what are your numbers?

>bench 305 for 4
>got 17 reps for 225

I don't have my max PR since I workout alone but these are mine, what about you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/calculator/one_rep_max
exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've done 314 paused in competition, wasn't maximal though. Best amrap has been 225 2x17 TNG, which I did after a week of not benching because I had elbow bursitis, but I cut the first set short. Probably could have done 18 or 19, but I wanted to record it, hence the second set.

145kg would be lucky to get 5 on 100kg, I can't do reps well at all.

My max is 75kg bitch

2pl8s was my latest max.

Nice, I'm sure I can put up 315 or around it with my bench, I don't use a spotter so there's that mental aspect, but sound similar to me, but you got hurt.

Hmm, so you push 145kg but have trouble getting 5 at 45kg less?

you'll get there m8

welcome to the club

symmetricstrength.com/calculator/one_rep_max
exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

Bench had nothing to do with my injury desu, I got injured because ohp and Hepburn progression put too much stress on my elbows. I'm doing a modified hepburn with bench and slingshot bench and I have no problems, elbows feel completely fine. My bench is super chest and shoulders dominant, when I put a lot of stress on my triceps bad things end up happening.

Not that simple dude, especially when it comes to anything over 10 reps, but it's most accurate with 3 or less.

goddamn she hella cute shame about all the rest
tits probably fake af

>exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html
I'm not trying to determine max weight based on what you bench, I'm trying to understand more of the correlation between your max rep compared to endurance using the NFL test of 225 as an example.

Also I can't fucking bench 344 this thing is fucking stupid.

Oh yeah, I got injuries off the wazzo as well, was just mentioning due to your elbow you likely saw a minor drawback, which was evident based on your guess you can get a couple more reps.

probably

Yes, I just really suck at endurance, with all lifts. Any amount of reps above like 6 become grinders regardless of weight. Supposedly has something to do with muscle fiber composition or something.

Yeah, maybe when I finish hepburn A in a couple months, before switching to B, I'll taper to find my maxes and then do another bench amrap a couple days later.

That just sounds like your conditioning is garbage dude, it's unlikely your muscle composition is that far deviated from 50/50 type 1/type 2 fibers.

275 max
225 for 8 reps

It's not a conditioning problem, I have no problem doing a ton of sets =

>is fucking stupid
it's way more scientific than the "NFL test" and it *will* give you an answer from which you can work on. Calling the Baechle formula "stupid" is stupid. Sure not all compound exercises perform the same/have the same ratio, you can read about in in the NSCA manual. These formulas are adopted by NSCA and by PTs worldwide. It's the best to-go starting point to estimate RMs. "Endurance" (+15 reps) can't be directly related, I dare you to find an explicit formula in academic literature for this purpose. You'll find a "range" at best and that's it. Hopefully you're not thinking that your "resistance" can deviate that much from "strength", since >it's unlikely your muscle composition is that far deviated from 50/50 type 1/type 2 fibers.

>anything over 10 reps
true, still pretty accurate up to 15 reps. estimating 1RM starting from +15 reps and viceversa is pretty moot.

I can see that, nice

Your body may be more determined to do better strength than endurance, but yours is unusually whacky, I would try to implement more endurance type training if you wanna improve that but fuck it, you're choice. It may be difficult but we gotta play the hands we were given and your genetics said fuck endurance.

I never said the NFL test was scientifc whatsoever, my question had nothing to do with determining ones max rep which you tried to provide.

Literally just asked, hey guys, you bench X, how many can you get with 225? Just looking to feel out where other anons are, this isn't scientific whatsoever. I know your strength won't determine your endurance.

Fuck it, it doesn't bother me that much and I'm happy with having a good jump etc. rather than having the highest endurance.

Only thing annoying is that I'm also really bad at grinding, I either get the lift fast or I don't get it at all, no middle ground.

>tfw workout alone so every time a rep is feeling like it's gonna fail it's like I either push it or die

Frig off Bobby

finally hit 225 x3 today . feels good mang . testing the rest of the week to see if I hit 1/2/3/4 . squats tomorrow wishme luck

DELETE THAT

Who is grill?

You can't make me.

Friggin' benchchad squatlets I swear.

Get a power cage.

I'd rather not, plus I workout at a commercial gym so don't really need it.

Your future wife