/plg/ - POWERLIFTING general

Welcome to /plg/, the powerlifting general.

INTENDED FOR THE DISCUSSION OF POWERLIFTING AND BECOMING A BETTER ATHLETE ON THE PLATFORM, but we also accept other strength training disciplines.

Post about PRs, routines, diet, peaking, etc.

Play nice, and don't act like human garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jp9HPPJJVic
vocaroo.com/i/s0mUzn1urh4S
youtu.be/ex2OvJ5KQnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bow to your king

and dogs

Third for FIGJAM

Reminder that sumo is cheating

To get us started again:

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

>pic related

Yes, dogs are ok, but should be only an addition to an otherwise on-topic post.

>Stalled again on TM
ok im gonna swap to c6w for squats

any other suggestions

>Nietzche was right
Holy kek read thus spoke zarathustra again and try to figure out why he was saying god is dead. He's not saying we've transcended from needing God, he's saying that because the intellectual revolution, the foundation that offered society so much stability has been eroded and was an existential threat to the well being of the society

>any other suggestions

Eat more and keep doing TM

>WAWTT
SLDL RM(18)
Pendlay Rows for sets of 10

Hamstrings and glutes are kill.

>WAWET
Ground beef, cheese, some fruits and protein bars.

>WAWLTT
Asobi Seksu right now.

>WAWFT
Pretty bad. My confidence is completely fucked. Couldn't even make it to my own birthday party in fear of being judged.

Sheiko medium load intermediate

>he's saying that because the intellectual revolution, the foundation that offered society so much stability has been eroded and was an existential threat to the well being of the society
This is 100% correct, someone's been actually paying attention

Also, PR'd my diddly yesterday, felt fucking ubermensch m8

Do pendlay rows put any strain on your lower back?

>do heavy ass rows in an almost horizontal torso position
>where the shear forces are the greatest

yes

They shouldn't IIRC. Been doing heavy pendlays for months now without any lower back issues.

yes, of course

see

Yes
'no'
Fuck yeah man nice work. How much weight and how big of a PR? Here is my beltless squat PR of 465lbs for a 10lb pr

trenning diddly, ate fruit and oats, feeling hype, listening to QoTSA.

if doubles I try 420 instead of 415

if you drop it after every rep then no

protip: I had a bulging disc and pendlays were the only row I could do without pain

i hate rows and i don't care who knows

desu and f lad

I don't either as of late

Forgot to paste link
youtu.be/Jp9HPPJJVic

Round 2
>>WAWTT
Pic related, slingshot and sumo

>>WAWET
Ain't nothin but a chicken wing(s)

>>WAWLTT
Famous Dex

>>WAWFT
Good, legs a bit sore though

I fucking love barbell rows, but my back is a faggot.

what do rows accomplish exactly that pullups and other vertical pulls don't? external rotation?

I know nihilist fags misinterpret him all the time, notice I said 'christianity' not spirituality or belief in god.

>what do rows accomplish exactly that pullups and other vertical pulls don't? external rotation?
hits the small muscles on the back better, rear delt, mid traps rombs etc etc

Force the lats to both act as a mover and stabilizer at the same time. Generally taxes the rest of the body more as well which can be a good or a bad thing.

No they include your spine in your kinetic chain which is a good and a bad thing. Otherwise chin ups make the lat contact harder

I'm not qualified to say one is better than the other

Yes and I'm specifically referring to the belief in the Abrahamic iteration of God. Just as nietzche was

>we should consider every day on which we have not danced lost

clearly he was a gloomy and edgy man

Samefagging because of the derailment.

>WAWTT

DC experiment, day four:
>preacher ez-bar curls, rest-paused
>hammer curls, straight set to failure
>squats, straight set to failure followed by widowmaker
>GHRs, rest-paused

Feeling the exhaustion creep in earlier than the last few sessions, about an hour and a half instead of two hours. The widowmakers are gonna get ROUGH when I'm actually moving real weight.

Did you get a chance to see my post before they nuked the last thread?

Either way, if you want to read more, there are a bunch of PDFs in the bodybuilding section of the dropbox.

thanks
i think BB rows, especially pendlays, are my least favorite lift of all, feels like as soon as i attempt any sort of progressive overload i just start using too much body english

if one were to use the Texas Method with a RPE style programming instead of %, how much fatigue should one accumulate on volumed day? I would say about 18%?

take pic related as a guideline

wouldn't 24% make more sense as a starting point

yeah but ID is still in the same week

so 24% should be total, VD, RD and ID

Im looking at going to my first meet and i have a question. For the shoes, do i need seperate shoes for deadlift and squat or will one pair work for both? I know there is a difference between them but im poor and cant afford both.

Rows have basically become what my bench was; the exercise I'll do no matter how fucked I feel. There are even days where I'll do rows instead of the benching, squatting or diddying I'm supposed to do. Love the simplicity of a row.

Have you tried filming yourself doing them? I thought I used a shitload of body english before I actually saw myself doing them, but it turns out everything was a-okay.

It all comes down to personal preference for squat, where you can use either flats or heels. If you use flats, then you'll only need one pair of shoes, if you need heels, then you'll need two pairs.

To make sure i understand. I can use flat sole deadlift shoes for my squat but cannot use heeled squat shoes for my deadlift right?

never cared enough to desu, I haven't done barbell rows in years, have stuck mostly to DB and chest supported for a long time but now I've started to hate all row variations

man what the fuck i took an explosive dirreaha norman khan just right now, RECORDED it and everything on vocaroo, it was glorious but the shit glitched out so now i have no recording of it

baka

i am PISSED off

Technically bench is also used in consideration here, but unless you have a ginormous arch you can probably get away with flats.

I mean no one will stop you if you decide to use heels to deadlift, but it's disadvantageous and you're not allowed to deadlift in bare feet.

hmm I found this little gym on plebbit that says go for 10%

i accumulate 10% fatigue jerking off desu

>Did you get a chance to see my post before they nuked the last thread?

I did, it sounds fun desu. I don't think I could fit that sort of training in atm, but after my meet in October I'm gonna train for a strongman contest next spring, so maybe those would be a good match up.

i have developed an autistic theory today while eating my chicken breasts and feta cheese, hear me out :

arms are hard to develop because humans never really needed a large biceps / large arms in a natural environment

that's why for example it's much easier comparatively to develop a large back / large glutes, the powerful prime movers which we evolved to use, while the tiny biceps muscle group was never really used much for explosive movement or fighting

inb4 cope, yes it is true, i have tiny arms, fuck you, homo habilis had tiny little chimpo arms and they did fine

also how do i into big arms? do i have to do them every fucking day? nothing seems to fucking work, and i can't treat curls like a fucking compound lift i'll tear my fucking tendons

end of turbo autistic rant

Thanks for the answer.

it's mainly genetics but it can't hurt to just hit your biceps every training session for 3-4 sets

You take steroids if you want big arms

Just run the BBBR, proven technique to create big swole arms on everyone who has ran it

>I'm gonna train for a strongman contest next spring, so maybe those would be a good match up

That would be an interesting experiment, but you might want to look at conjugate instead. It has the similar "drain the muscle" and "beat the logbook" mentality, but it's more geared towards strength work.

DC is a bodybuilding program at heart, so there's no focus on athleticism or consistent use of compounds.Also, the extreme nature of it doesn't leave much room for training events or doing conditioning work.

Again, though... it would be interesting.

how do you calculate accumulated fatigue if you only do 1 set

how do chimps get swole arms? the answer is simple they basicly do pullups all day every day

try something like this

day 1: 4x10-12 barbell curl
day 2: 4x10-12 hammer curl
day 3: 3x8->4x8->5x8->2x8 (over a month) barbell curl

focus on the pump and squeeze on day 1 and day 2, aim for progressive overload on day 3

>tfw you have a pair of shoes for each now

weighted chins high rep

No. Those guidelines do not fit TM.
If you're doing for the top set+backoff protocol, start with 5@9 followed by a 4-6% load drop.
If it doesn't get you anywhere, try more volume by another load drop, one bigger load drop, repeats, or rep drops. The RTS website has an article or two about different approaches to fatigue.

wouldnt 5@9 be too heavy for the volume day

im thingken of doing a topset of 5@7 followed by a loadrop

>thingken

its a meme you dip

r u the 1 who made my princesa leave...?

What song is this?

vocaroo.com/i/s0mUzn1urh4S

Please help lads

Naw, one set of 5@9 is fine.

>gets btfo by Sean
>cowers down
>i was only pretending to be retarded
Pathetic dino

Heavy hip raises and intense core activation should fix lower back issues

Why would it matter though? Is it for accuracy of RPE judgement? In my mind a 10% loaddrop at whatever rpe is still a 10% loaddrop

Fucking Dino desu

When will he ever learn

>wouldnt 5@9 be too heavy for the volume day

You could take a look at the intermediate programs that Izzy from Powerlifting To Win put out, they kind of function like TM. Also this chart might be handy for trying to guesstimate what sort of protocol you want for volume day, a top set of x5 @9 is gonna be preeeettty close to x5 @10, which is what one could consider the ID on the original TM to be.

>DC is a bodybuilding program at heart, so there's no focus on athleticism or consistent use of compounds

Ah, well I need to read more into it either way. I was initially thinking that perhaps the physiological aspect of myorep type work might be similar to how strongman events are, ie sustaining high effort for short-moderate time.

I want to KILL dino

I'm 98% sure this post was made by dino lol

I personally cannot wait until you die LOL
You will be dead and unable to do anything and I won't be LOL

I think rest-pause/myo work could have that effect with compounds (hell, I was out of breath from dumbbell bench and curls this week), but it has safety concerns with those types of lifts. Imagine doing heavy squats or deadlifts to complete muscular failure three times in two or three minutes. It's very risky. There are still heavy powerlifting movements in the program, but they're not done rest-paused for that reason. Bench would be, of course, but it's generally avoided in this style because of its high injury risk and utter shit muscular gains. Incline press and dumbbell work are better in every way for this.

For strongman applications, you'll be better off doing everything in the context of "heavy work", "speed work", and "rep work", since that's what most of the events are about. That's why I mentioned conjugate; those are the exact principles in its foundation.

>>WAWTT
Squat 10s, bench 4s, GHRs and bahceps

>>WAWET
Steak au poivre, a bunch of cherries and olives

>>WAWLTT
Hood nigga shit

>>WAWFT
Stressing a little but not too far off baseline. Good overall.

>DC training
I hope you're running HGH lad

Well... yeah, obv. The reason roider physiques stand out so much is that they deviate from what's physiologically normal. You can just alternate doing curls and triceps e/o training session just doing some sort of basic double progression, don't overthink it.

Do some bodybuilder tier volume (eg 10x10 incline curls, 5x10 hammer curls, pullups to finish) a couple of days a week
Eat like a fat fuck and stab chinese bathtub hormones into your ass while doing this.

>Played around with a narrow squat stance today
>I actually like it better

wut

Welcome brother.
It's time to expell Louie from your life.

WAAAAAAAAH

I couldn't figure out high bar squats until I narrowed up my stance.With a wide stance I always felt like I was tipping over high bar, and my quads weren't doing much. Then suddenly I try a narrow stance with my knees pointing out and I'm way more vertical and I feel the squat way more in my quads.

Nope. They have plenty of natural guys doing it, so I'm not super worried about that.

I might have HGH in my future if I make enough money, though.

>It's time to expell Louie from your life.

Benchie please. You and I both know the guy churns out elite lifters like a factory.

>Churns out elite lifters
It's the steroids that do that

stop ignoring me sean you fggot

>Benchie please. You and I both know the guy churns out elite lifters like a factory.
user....

youtu.be/ex2OvJ5KQnc
Sumo beltless pr

all weight pulled sumo must be divided by half when converted to convential

so that's a 3pl8 conventional deadlift congrats

If I got drunk right now, how much would my training be affected tomorrow? I have heavy deads tomorrow but I really want to be a degenerate right now

What should I do for my big birthday bash soon lads

I'll be turning 21 and able to buy alcohol

Why the beltless work? I've never felt it's done much for me outside of lowering the actual load to keep fatigue down

Drink alone at home
And try gin its great.

Wait... You're not 21...

Well that's just false

Wedding in 16 days get HYPE
Because it's been a long time since training beltless and i feel like it would do me some good. May try to match my belted prs before putting it back on

In my head you're still 19 :'(

About time, I swear she was your fiancé for like 4 years.

>tfw started tripping at 17

I started posting on fit at 14

wish we could turn back time

Kek like 9 months ago next week desu

So a few weeks ago?