Keto for cutting? Yay or Nay?

Keto for cutting? Yay or Nay?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oy Vey!

bump for interest

i actually just came off of keto. i was able to do it for almost 3 1/2 months and lost 15lbs. I did keto because i have had a very extreme sweet tooth my whole life, not to mention have been overweight; so this was a really good personal challenge. Im a decent cook and LOVE my greens so it was a pretty easy diet. i ate a lot of grilled meats, until i bought a smoker.
the only reason i stopped was because i was getting diet fatigue. it was getting hard to eat just meat and greens to the point i was starting to survive on plain whey shakes, 'cheating carbs' but staying under for keto and then eating no veggies at all. i figured it was time to end

Why not just eat a normal diet

Definitely yay. What's keto btw?

Keto fasting

keto only if you're too retarded to understand proper dieting and nutrition

Because then I can't be a special and unique faggot

no. high fat diets suck, youll feel like shit most of the time, youll be a weird outcast at any social gatherings, not to mention youre killing yourself.

why not just stick to a fucking normal 40/40/20pcf , or 40/30/30 cpf at a deficit you mongoloid
avoiding any food groups is retarded broscience

>t. I know nothing about ketosis and have never tried a keto diet

Hmm.... eat like a retard and eat high fat which has shown to lead to heart disease or eat a balanced diet with carbs and protein that are much more important, satiating, healthy, and substantial for muscle growth and recovery? wow hard choice.

no wonder everyone says to try keto! oh wait no only retarded special snowflakes who dont know jack shit about nutrition

so basically dont have rice with my chicken breasts and make my protein shakes with water instead of milk. big fucking deal

>t. I know nothing about ketosis and have never tried a keto diet

pseudoketosis isn't bad, like doing 6 days on full keto and 1 day normal each week. i've known people who get great results that way. however, full ketogenic diet is full-on retarded, and most people are probably just better off doing proper nutrition instead of some meme shit

>high fat which has shown to lead to heart disease

Lol nice mom science you have there.Its been proven that a high carb diet leads to heart problems.You dont know shit about nutrition youre dismissed

What's the point of keto if I can't get my fat macros from delicious fried foods and burgers?

Keto is great for cutting. Literally just eat zero carbs. As long as you get enough protein, fats and veges you will burn off the fat

haha i did keto in 2013 cause of zyzz' cutting diet advice. it sucked balls and literally pointless. no metabolic advantage, you actually have zero redeeming values besides the typical fat powerlifter neckbeard response of "MUH BACON AND CHEESE"

carbs are the preferred source of energy of the brain, make you feel better, provide ample energy, are healthy, contain nutrients and fiber. what kind of fucking diet limits your vegetable and fruit intake? oh keto does! strike 2. but by all means, eat like shit and die earlier instead of just being normal and eating a regular diet

>low carb increases all cause mortality
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/

ill link more just lmk boo

alan aragon is the nutrition GOAT and he says keto is an unnecessary meme

also this.
alan used to be highly regarded here before the fat PL took over and the influx of neet weirdos from r9k

You say that now...
Lmao

need i remind you that the human body doesn't need carbs in order to function properly?

start cutting the carbs below 100 net first vb4 considering something drastic. Easily done by eating mostly veggies for carbs,yes even higher carb stuff in moderation like potatoes

it doesn't need carbs to survive, much like it doesn't need an appendix, but that in no way implies optimality for health and performance

A diet based on whole grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables leads to heart problems?

nice correlation there buddy, you're making a very strong point

youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
watch this thing, watch it until the end

Carbs are all converted into sugar. Sugar in the blood acts as shards that form arterial tears in the heart that are then filled with cholesterol to form scars causing blood clots. The (((experts))) literally blame the firemen for the fire.

>BRAAAAPPP
Oh sorry user I didn't see you behind me.

That's actually great video

>A low-carbohydrate diet based on animal sources was associated with higher all-cause mortality in both men and women, whereas a vegetable-based low-carbohydrate diet was associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality rates.

>a vegetable-based low-carbohydrate diet was associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality rates

congratulations, you played yourself

*BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP* *snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff*...oh yes my dear....*sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff*....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....*sssssssnniff*...eggs I smell?......*sniff sniff*....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....*sniff*....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....*ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff*....ah yes...and also....a hint of....*sniff*....cheese.....quite wet my dear....*sniff*...but of yes...this will do nicely....*sniff*.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now.... *BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF* Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....*sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff*.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite..... *BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT* Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..*sniff*…ah….*ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff*…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….*sniff sniff*…hmmm….is that….*sniff*….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…*sniff*….a little whiff more if you please…..*ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff*…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…*sniff*….the most pungent one yet my dear….*ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff*….yes….

definitively yay
see

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

It's irresponsible to suggest that bdnf is miracle-gro for the brain. The brain itself is a recursive structure that relies on a plethora of other proteins, enzymes, and cofactors. How do I know this? I just graduated doing research on bdnf's involvement in parkinsons. Neuroscience grad here. Video is garbage.

nice meme

Keto might work for some, but for me it sucked. I was on a hard cut for quite some time (started at 330lbs) and had just hit 210lbs at 6ft and lifts were safely above 1/2/3/4 so I looked pretty decent. Not ripped, but some bicep veins and to normies I was easily bearmode.

The final stage of the cut proved, naturally, harder than the previous ones. I wasn't a hambeast anymore and my training required a lot of protein and energy, so a caloric deficit required more planning. Instead of putting in the extra effort, I thought I'd meme myself to athletic mode and tried keto.

Boy that was a mistake. First off, the first couple of weaks on keto you'll be weak as FUCK. I couldn't keep hit my usual numbers at all. This made me crave more calories (and electrolytes and cards) cause I absolutely loathe underperforming at the gym.

Then you have the carb-ups/refeeds. Now, these might be easy for normal humans looking to shed a few pounds, but for an ex-hambeast that has been on an autistically strict diet for ages, suddenly breaking the routine every now and then is a bad idea. The skid is real.

In the end, keto made me both weaker and a bit fatter. Took a bit to recover and start eating normally (i.e. a real cut and a normal healthy without bullshit gimmicks) but that shit set me back a couple of months at least.

TLDR: If you can get it done eating normally, then stick with that. Keto isn't magic and to me, it's more trouble than it's worth. If all that micromanaging went into a normal diet, you'd be controlling your weight like a thermostat.

President of the international neuroscience academy here. Don't listen to this guy he doesn't know what he's talking about

the pic says "remember: ketosis is best done in 2 week cycles. carb up after 2 weeks for 3 days, eating at maintainance" calories, the start keto again"
does not keto start like 1 week after conusming very low carb? why should one carb up after 2 weeks?

keto is literally just a different way of doing the same thing. Even after entering ketosis if you're not a total lardass you're going to be barely losing more than a regular diet. You might lose an extra 3 pounds in a 4-month period and to me that is just not worth the amount of shit you have to go through.

except for the fact that on ketosis you lose less lean body mass

how much less? Is it significant over a 4-month period?

If she banging you she's not "out of your league" you fucking sperg

Penis here. This guy's a butt, and I'm goin' in.

>High fat diet
>Calorie deficit
What do you eat for fats that make you literally not want to kill yourself?
Wouldn't you just feel hungry as fuck all the time?
Where do I get fats that fill me up and satisfy hunger?

Yes

That's fucking stupid. You would feel way worse doing no carbs 6 days and breaking that with carbs on 7th.

>Sugar in the blood acts as shards that form arterial tears in the heart that are then filled with cholesterol to form scars causing blood clots
Please be bait

Wow. How dare you talk to me like that, motherfucker. How dare you.

Mease te bait

Inventor of the brain here, disregard these idiots

worked wonders for my friend so i dunno, i tend to steer clear from fad diets and get results anyways
are you autistic?

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, just you would feel way worse.
CICO IIFYM Master Race

You made a doo doo in your underwear, "bro." (Quotes because ur not really my bro in any sense of the word u bitchass)

> carb refeeds
That was your error user, TKD (essentially a bit of dextrose preworkout) is a lot easier to manage.