General Recipe Thread

What do Veeky Forumsizens eat?

Post em. Meals, shakes, snacks, just dump whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

springsbargains.com/2012/05/quick-cheap-recipe-pan-fried-cottage-cheese-patties/
ingredientsofafitchick.com/2012/05/31/pumpkin-muffins/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just take Veeky Forums meals (chicken & rice etc) and look up recipes online. I then remove the shit and make them more healthy. Learning to cook nice tasting healthy food is important when trying to stay on a diet.

Here's my breakfast shake. Use less powder if you want, and add almonds/milk/fruit etc if you want

tried this a few weeks ago for the first time. tastes like sour shit if you take the cottage cheese. I'd rather stick with milk on that one. overall, the flavour could be better but it's an okay recipe if you do it with milk, it's fuckawful if you do it with cottage cheese

breakfast:
- banana, weet-bix and milk in smoothie with occasional addition of a few grams of protein power
-oats cooked with milk and if no smoothie is made for the morning then banana is sliced and placed on finished oats instead.
-4 weet-bix with peanut butter on top
- sandwich (any bread) of spread cheese with slices of cheese
- sandwich of greek yogurt with cheese slices
- sandwich of greek yougurt and olive il drizzed inside
- cup of milk refill in needed
i usually pick 3 of the above each day. i sometimes add a fish oil or vitamin d3 along with the meal.

forgot:
- two fired eggs in olive oil
(i usually pick three of the above each day)
also: rate my breakfast

Is there any food-tracking app Veeky Forums would recommend?

Use dry pressed cottage cheese, for baking. Not that fake cottage cheese with a ton of additives.

This cottage cheese is the best. The only ingredients are skim milk, bacterial cultures, and salt.

55g has 50 calories and 11g of protein. I eat a 500g bag every day.

It can be eaten whole or used for baking. I make fried patties out of it sometimes, similar to the OP's "pancakes". The key is to make sure the patties are small so you can fry them thoroughly.

springsbargains.com/2012/05/quick-cheap-recipe-pan-fried-cottage-cheese-patties/

It also works as a ricotta cheese substitute in lasagna or similar recipes.

MyFitnessPal, 100%

I can't find cottage here, can I use ricotta?

Just make your own cottage cheese.

BUMP

Is low fat mozzarella Veeky Forums food? 22proteins per 270kcal. It improves all sorts of shit food's taste.

Could this recipe work with greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese?

BRAN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS
1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran (I used oat bran)
1 cup nonfat milk
1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
2⁄3 cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 scoop protein powder
1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries (I added a chopped apple.)
2 teaspoons cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners. Mix together wheat bran and milk, and let stand for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, mix together egg, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat in bran mixture. Sift together protein powder, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir into bran mixture until just blended. Fold in blueberries. Scoop into muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped.

R8 this. I didn't count the macros

Can I use Greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese and do the oats go in raw or pre-cooked?

did this really need an info graphic? is there somebody out there who doesnt know how to make a fucking quesadilla?

I actually didnt know what quasadilla was, so thanks.

Making quasardillas is not rocket science. A tortilla with cheese, everything after that is a bonus.

Basic-ass recipe, but for anyone who doesn't know for some reason:
>Basic-ass oatmeal

>1 cup oats
>2 cups water

>microwave at max setting for 1,5 minute

>add berries or fruit of your liking
I usually hack up a banana, or some strawberries, or just grab blueberries from the freezer.
>Mix it around a bit with your spoon.
>???
>Feast.

They came out fine. I used 5 floz of oats instead of 4, 3 eggs instead of 4, and a cup or Greek yogurt. Blended chia and flax seeds in as well and added cinnamon and nutmeg. It's a lot faster than cooking standard oats on the stove top.

>microwae

nah, I boil my oats

I prefer boiling too, but it requires more dishwashing and more time. I don't have that in the morning.

It takes me literally 4 minutes, just use less water

Looks good. I'd eat it.

>makes oats
>no cinnamon
>no butter
>no milk
It's like you don't enjoy living

I've been cutting, I could eat chocolate every day if all I wanted was momentary enjoyment.

what kind of cheese do you recommend?

Hungarian Goulash: GOAT tier bulking food
Usually served over spätzel, which i cant be bothered to figure the macros for, but will post the recipe after this.

3 lbs beef stew meat cubed 1.5"
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 white onions sliced
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 tablespoon pepper
6 oz tomato paste
1.5 cups water or broth
1 clove minced garlic

Season meat with paprika salt and pepper
Chop onions
Cook onions in pot with vegetable oil
Add in meat and brown
Turn heat to low
Add in tomato paste, broth/water, garlic, and then season to taste
Stir every 20 min or so
Simmer for 2-4 hours

2,700-3,200 kcal
314g protein
136g fat
79g carbs

Divide up as necessary. It's a lot of food. The longer it simmers, the more it'll thicken and the more tender the meat will be. I strongly recommend the full 4 hours. Most of the fat comes from the vegetable oil. Feel free to cut back on it.

Spätzle recipe:

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1/4 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
Pinch of white pepper

Mix ingredients in a bowl. First dry ingredients, then wet.
Work into batter
Drip into deep, low boiling pot
Boil in water until al dente ~8 min
Sautee in butter to serve

Not my pic, but usually comes out about like this. I highly recommend throwing in some cayenne pepper or a touch of red wine depending on your mood. Not both.

Muffin master race. I'll give these a try next time I head to the store. Here's what I make whenever I get a hankering for baked goods.
Pumpkin protein muffins:
>1 scoop of whey (have only used myprotein's vanilla isolate, but I'm sure other flavors would work)
>1 egg
>1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
>1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
>1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
>1/4 teaspoon of allspice
>1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Mix dry ingredients, add wet, mix everything. Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes in a muffin tin coated with a bit of nonstick spray. My muffins' macros come out looking like 14g carbs / 5g fat / 29g of protein for a total of ~230 calories in a batch. Recipe slightly altered from ingredientsofafitchick.com/2012/05/31/pumpkin-muffins/

Seems nice but I wish people would put real pictures of those recipes to see how shit they look in real life.

Unfortunately don't have any recipes but have a bump for giving me some