Redpill me on lifting weights

Guys, being myself isn't working out for me.

Women don't owe me anything, if I'm unattractive, I'm unattractive. But I really long for affection. Can lifting increase my success with women significantly? What is your experience? I'm still thinking of doing it, just to become more healthy.

help

You dont lift for women, you lift for yourself

Does he even notice them?

But isn't that the same? If I lift to get women, I essentially lift for myself. It's in my interest.

Some women like skinny or fat guys. A friend of mine said she liked me more when I was more fat with less muscles. Don't rely on their opinion, do what you like and be more confident, maybe you'll find a girl.

>A friend of mine said she liked me more when I was more fat with less muscles
And you believes her? Absolutely shig.

Of course she did! You weren't as valuable on the market fat, so she wouldn't have to fight as much competition if she needed you for a backup. Never listen to women on this stuff.

What is the point to lie for her? I didn't try to get on her so there was no need to toss me out.

Women are entitled idiots who act like children. They're demanding, manipulating, selfish cunts. They're worthless from every logical perspective. Don't let your dick get you in trouble, stay single, be rich and happy. No ex-wife to haggle you over your kids and use them against you.

God I fucking hate modern women.

Lol I said the same thing to her, made her feel kinda uncomfortable but she said she just liked it. Probably just like some guys love landwhales.

Yeah, go and start lifting weights to get attention from females. Youll end up like 90% of this board.
Wanna know what I mean? Go visit one of the >tfw no gf threads

Significantly ? definitely not. it almost all relies on genetical things such as
>6ft+ height
>top 20% face
>not bald
and things like that.

It might give you minor improvement though like feeling more confident and energetic and it might take you from having zero success to having maybe one (1) success

You just have to be confident, bro.

No. Women are external, so if you're lifting for them, you're not lifting for yourself.

He means that you need to lift for YOURSELF. If women come into your life as a result, that's fine too, but that shouldn't be your endgoal.

>and be more confident
Yeah, that confident thing didn't work out either.

I'm asking for your opinions.

So it's bad?

You have to over 183 cm? Why? I can definitly understand the face and hair thing.

Can't lifting/increased testosterone change the face in a positive way?

"I lifted so hard, I deserve this woman now"
No, Elliot

If you lift because you ge hiney love progression, feeling strength, enjoy controlling heavy weights that you previously couldn't.. You will inspire a woman
If she knew you were just doing it to get poosey, she'll be underwhelmed
But, a lot of us start lifting out of Incel fueled rage, which is great for getting your squat numbers up

So I'm basically setting myself up for failure. It's all genetics and I'm not gonna end up sticking with lifting if I do it to get affection from women?

I literally said in first post that I don't deserve anything if I'm unattractive. I'm not even doing it for pussy. I just want to hold around a girl in bed for once. I want her to hold me, too.

Can't anyone of you relate?

reeeeee....

Not much. It's mostly about how handsome your face is and how tall you are.

If the only reason you plan to exercise is for women then don't bother.

>Can't anyone of you relate?
Where do you think we are?

a lot of us started out exactly the same but after a year or two or lifting have gained little or no success with women. Im not saying dont lift im sure it beats sitting in your all day watching japanimes just understand that lifting is a meme

things you can control:
lift heavy compounds to make your body strong and attractive
eat correctly to look and feel healthy
groom yourself
wear normal clothes (don't do high fashion and don't do cheapo graphic tees)

things you can't control:
height is a meme, if you're around average and talking to a chick whos a couple inches shorter than you or more you're fine
balding? shave and wear a hat/rock the mr clean
ugly? find a chick that's around your ugliness that makes you smile and marry her

that's it man don't overcomplicate things
if you want chicks lifting can make you stronger, disciplined, and more confident in yourself
but yourself is still yourself
control the controllables and do with life what you can
don't focus on shit you can't affect, it's wasted emotion and effort
be practical and pragmatic about this

Lifting regularly is a difficult thing to do if you've never done it before. I think a lot of guys set themselves up for failure if their reason for lifting is frivolous. That being said, I've also seen some guys start out lifting for women, but as their confidence in their own body grew, they abandoned that idea. YMMV.

I never said it was all genetics, though. Like anything else, there some people have a clear genetic advantage/disadvantage, but those are outside of your control. What you can control is how you react to these circumstances. Will you continue to go to the gym even when it feels like you're going nowhere, or will you just give up? This is the most important part about getting serious about your fitness, and it's where the most people fail.

I understand your loneliness. Loneliness is a feeling that you probably have no control over. But you can control how you react to it. If you're choosing to react by lifting, that's your decision to make and I won't judge you for it, but my advice would be to not expect women to flock to you.

>I'm asking for your opinions
You won't get any of women's attention if you hadn't had it before you started lifting. Maybe you dress/have a haircut like a manchild, maybe you're just too unattractive, maybe something else, but a good body alone won't change anything(or very little). But, it may be a very good complement. Also maybe you should just lower your standards.

>You won't get any of women's attention if you hadn't had it before you started lifting

Shut the fuck up.

You didn't get it, all I'm saying is that you shouldn't just lift and wait for a miracle, better yourself in all fields.

>listening to that advice like theres any truth in it
get a haircut
eat right and drink water so your acne goes away and you're not a bloated fuck
lift so you look capable
learn how to smile like a not sex pervert
stop jacking off to enhanced super women daily
brush and floss you fuck
trash your nasty clothes and buy simple t shirts jeans jackets that aren't gaudy and childish
get a normal job
congrats you're probably in the 99% based on things you can control

>You won't get any of women's attention if you hadn't had it before you started lifting.
Then it's fucking over. I deep down inside already knew it after 4 years of lifting. It's just that I had some hope left.

user meant that lifting probably won't get their attention if that's the only thing you changed.

What else have you been doing to make yourself attractive?

>Then it's fucking over. I deep down inside already knew it after 4 years of lifting. It's just that I had some hope left.
Gross. You thought you could just lift and girls would magically flock to you? And you thought that for four fucking years?
has the right idea. Lifting is a small component in the journey of self-improvement, and anyone who thinks that they just need to lift and neglect everything else was fucked from the get-go.

No.

If you lift and have an obvious gym body, everyone will think that you were insecure and therefore sexually unsuccessful in your life and that made you start lifting... and it's true.

You shouldn't show your weaknesses so obviously and irreversibly.

If you look legitimately ugly ie you are fat or a complete pencil neck (the latter won't be changed by lifting, btw, you'll just get a fucked up composite body), then you do need some form of working out to lose the fat. However, lifting weights isn't necessarily the best way. Swimming would trim your body nice and well and make you lose far more bodyfat.

So, your success with women starts with your psychology. Don't give off that you are a loser, and you won't be. But lifting on its own will be a waste of good years if you rely on it entirely.

are you even reading any of the comments with advice?
if you keep cherrypicking things in order to further yourself as a victim you will never make it
cut that mentality out you will fail in every aspect of life if you let it seep into anything else
cut it the fuck out

So here's the thing. You wont just magically get attention from females just for your body. Even if you would, you'd have to be pretty shredded to stand out, because, you know, many people lift. So in order to achieve a body that truly stands out you would have to lift for a few years. A few years of dedication for what?

When you finally would get attention from females, you wouldnt know what to do with it. You would sperg out like most of the people here.

Work on your social skills, charisma and being a good talker is more beneficial than just having a good body. If all you end up having in life is a good body and nothing else, all youll ever be is someones fucktoy

If you wanna lift, go lift, but dont do it for females

How fucking great is it to be a genetically superior being like David Gandy. You guys realize that you exist for the sole purpose of making his life awesome, right? And he isn't even an asshole, actually the opposite. He is a really nice and genuine man.

I'm not even OP. I don't this he lift.

>pencil neck

you do know you can train your neck right?

So it's literally all about the face? You guys weren't memeing?

Where in the fuck are you getting that from all the comments listing things that AREN'T just your body/face?

Your confirmation bias is doing you no favors

It's about many, many things. Each girl like something different. If you are obsessed with one thing (body, face etc) and trying to fix it just for women you'll suck.

>didn't fucking read any of this thread
you are failing at life because you obviously put 0 effort into doing or understanding anything

>good face
>not fat or skinnyfat
>big dick

you can now fuck 99% of all women on earth

Lifting will help indirectly by increase endorphins in the brain making you happier and more confident with yourself with the plus side of also improving your health.

If being yourself isn't working with the women you're trying then you're trying the wrong women. Lifting for women and aesthetics only is just going to keep attracting the wrong women.

No. You should have very, very good social skills to fuck at least some of them. It's easy to say "I'd fuck every other girl if I had.." but in fact you wouldn't because I'd be the same pathetic autist.

This is what Veeky Forums actually believes

>being yourself
on this:
if you like yourself, you need to find someone who also likes you
if you don't like yourself, DO change yourself
you are not some immutable object, you can change what you want be it habits or way you interact with people, all that shit is up in the air so if you aren't happy with yourself start working on the little things

Actually women do owe you something, they're just never going to take you up on their debt..

They always preach about how they want a nice person who treats them well so then you be nice and they still don't want to talk to you. That means they lied.

Yeah, he has his hand on them in case you were too blind to see. But they're solid 5/10s and that's probably all he can get lmao

>this cope

This is some of the best advice in here. Props, user.

>Actually women do owe you something, they're just never going to take you up on their debt..
oh boy where is this going
>They always preach about how they want a nice person who treats them well so then you be nice and they still don't want to talk to you. That means they lied.
lmao

Good point. I was just assuming OP liked himself, and was simply looking to other ways to attract women.

No problem
I think the "Just be yourself!" sentiment results in so much unnecessary unhappiness because people truly believe they can't change
This is just so wrong

This. Women are literally just children that are legal to have sex with.

Well something you truly can't change, there's a ceiling for everyone, I think it's just hard for people to adjust their standards according to what they've got.

I realize OP said "redpill me" but I don't think this is quite what he meant

What can't you change?
Sure everyone has some sort of foundation to build off of, but it's just that. A foundation

No one owes you anything in life dude. To live with that assumption is going to make you a very unsatisfied individual.

Read the book of pook. You can search for it online.

Face. If you have something about 3-4/10 you hardly can compensate it. Of course you can be good at everything else and find yourself a girl anyway, but you shouldn't count on a 7+/10 fit qt.

listen to that user it's true.
In my experience the more insecure the girl were, the uglier version of me she "preferred"

Whether you continue lifting long term is based on your conviction, how much you enjoy it, and why you lift.
Lets say you lift to get women. As soon as you get a woman, would you stop lifting? Would she still want to be with a fat lazy slob who stopped trying to better themselves? Do you pick up lifting again until you get another woman?
This is what lifting for women will do. Which is why you shouldn't do anything for anybody besides yourself or your children. So dont be a fag, go join a gym, get jacked and stay autistic.

That's fair, but many people who think they are "ugly" just don't take care of themselves. A face can be elevated by grooming, shaving or growing a beard depending, having a haircut that works for your headshape/face, having a healthy smile to compliment the face,etc
But you're right the base is fixed

If I had a 3-4 face I would work my ass 7 days a week to make enough money to make a trip to Korea and get topnotch facial reconstruction surgery.

In this day and age, an ugly face is a choice

>furthering the obviousness of your own insecurity
own your face
plastic surgery is weakness

Isn't it dangerous? You can become 0/10 if something goes wrong.

South Korea has one of the best plastic surgery in the world. Its actually common there for girls to get some kind of cosmetic surgery for their 18th birthday. Why do you think all these k-popstars look so goddamn perfect

Ok, so when youre fat, you work hard to lose weight. When youre poor, you work hard to make money. But when youre face is fucked up youre not willing to put in effort to change? No amount of confidence will change the fact that 95% of all people will judge you by looks the first time they see you

Ahh, you're right.

What did nature mean by this?

I just don't think plastic surgery is ever really a net positive unless it's minor, in which case it probably could've been done without
But I recognize that is my own opinion

>K-pop stars
Because they were picked from the best? Not everyone can be a star. I've heard that plastic surgeries are popular there but I wouldn't risk anyway.

How the fuck is plastic surgery going to help that guy?
He needs to lose weight and get a healthy body before he can even judge himself accurately
Terrible example user

>Its actually common there for girls to get some kind of cosmetic surgery for their 18th birthday.
This is what waeguks actually believe

Who gives a shit about what people think? Surround yourself with that 5% who can look past your looks. In any case, while being ugly can have adverse effects on your quality of life, they're usually not as distressing as if you were fat and/or poor.

If you don't like your face to the point where it causes you personal distress, I can't judge you for wanting to change it. But consider that the distress doesn't come from your face, but your reaction to your face.

>But consider that the distress doesn't come from your face, but your reaction to your face.
Truth, read the stoics and understand where your distress emanates from

At first I lifted for women
But now I lift for Veeky Forums

minus emma stone and i'd watch that

Why didn't you lift for endorphins?

That's actually not a bad reason to lift
Adding that to my list of reasons
It's a big list
MAKE YOUR LISTS BOYS
LOOK TO THEM FOR GUIDANCE
HAPPINESS AND STABILITY IS A FEW LISTS AWAY

>Women don't owe me anything
No one 'owes' you anything.
>if I'm unattractive, I'm unattractive.
Why are you so worried about external validation?
That's the only reason you'd even have thoughts like that.
>But I really long for affection
Are you going to let that rule your every thought and action?
That's exactly where that leads.
>Can lifting increase my success with women significantly?
NO, IT WON'T.
All going to the gym does is make your muscles bigger!
If that's your sole motivation for going to the gym, then YOU ARE DUMB and are wasting your time.
Don't even bother if that's the only reason.

Not him, but why do you lift?

>some people say how lifting changed their life completely and helped them get women
>other people say lifting makes 0 difference and all that matters is appearance but improving your body's appearance doesn't matter for some reason

Who do I believe, I wonder? Guess I'll just lift and find out.

If your only problem is body lifting will indeed help you a lot, if not it won't change a lot. It's that simple. Although lifting can help gain self discipline that could help you in life.

Lifting won't guarantee anything, but it'll improve your chances.

However, I've been told by some girls they're more into skinny dudes, or dadbods than the athletic build I have.
I've also been told that I can be too intimidating to approach now.

Lifting's opened a lot of doors for me, helped me make tons of friends and break out of my shell. I'm infinitely happier with who I am as a person than I was before lifting.

That said, my standards have risen to the point where I'm turning girls down left and right, but I still come home to a cold, empty bed every night.
Imo the pros certainly outweigh the cons, but lifting for girls isn't always so black and white.
If I were looking for one night stands, that'd be no problem, but I'm not about that life.

I think the difference is how lifting can affect the other facets of a person's life. For some people, the discipline you develop from lifting can act as a catalyst to improve other areas in their life. For others, they lift but don't change anything else, so they're just as bad as where they started but with a more muscular body.

I honestly think the guy to the left just looks like a freak.

What people are really trying to say is
>don't expect it to do what you are expecting it to do
But you should still lift though, you most likely won't regret becoming better.

This sums it up nicely, I think.

If you expect nothing beyond "I'm going to do my best to better myself", then you only have 2 options: 1. do your best and don't be disappointed, or 2. don't do your best and be disappointed, which is easily remedied. Either way, your expectations are now dependent on something YOU'RE completely in control of: your own trying. Never let your expectations be about some shit you can't control, e.g. women.

This is wonderful advice.

The guy on the right could still improve himself massively by getting a tan, losing 10 kg, wearing half decent clothes and getting a proper haircut.

I don't think so.

I've already done all this.
Literally all you need is contacts and get invited to parties however I don't get invited to house parties and I don't wanna go clubbing.

>varg
didn't that faggot say lifting was pointless?

I check all three of those things and have used my dick all of two times. The first requisite for banging hot chicks is leaving the basement....often.

Technically speaking, it's choice, so it's still internal motivation.

..Also, mastery and interrelatedness.