Any new gear that you've been enjoying?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/pjMQQ46m
runningshoesguru.com/buying-guide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

inb4 thread dies prematurely again
also, add the pastebin from last year's running generals to future threads
pastebin.com/pjMQQ46m

when you run, do you breathe through your mouth or nose? google is split about 50/50 either way, so i'm assuming it doesn't much matter, and i can't tell a huge difference either way. just wanted some thoughts.

I haven't run for months (due to cold weather here and lazyness to be honest). Yesterday I couldn't run more than 10 minutes and had to stop. Should I do c25k again or just go for it? Don't want to risk an injury and stop for a couple of weeks. What do you think guys?

>>>How far have you run this week?
31.6 miles starting from Monday.
>What are you working on?
Getting our team to top 10 at least in XC Nationals
>How was your last run?
Nice 7.6 mile easy run this morning, another ~30 minute easy run in about 3 hours.
>Any new gear that you've been enjoying?
My Garmin 230 watch :^)

I rarely pay attention to the way i breathe unless i'm doing intervals. Then its always through the nose.

Probably c25k again but starting from say week 3 or 4, whatever you feel comfortable with.

thank you!

>tfw skipped yesterday's run

>GOTTA GO FAST!!!

Just quit smoking lads. Got 4.30 on a best effort 1.2k. Started well but it felt like my chest was going to explode.

Does it get better or have I fucked it.

(Need a 10.30 2.4k by October)

>tfw tempo run

I don't see the issue. Should get sub 10 easily with the time you mentioned.

Why Garmin watches are POS?

Planning on this routine.
A- Endurance
B- Sprints
C- Hill reps

Should I go put more than 3x a week?

How do I become a faster sprinter? I've never really run properly before, but I used to jog a lot of long distance. I recently wanted to get faster over shorter distances. I can run a mile in about 5min 30s, and my 100m is about 13 seconds which seems kinda slow. What's the best way to get fast - just do lots of short sprints? If so should I do them on tight intervals or fully revive between each one? Or should I train at longer distances instead?

That looks fine. Might want to change the sprints to a tempo run, and if you add more runs, make sure they are easy so you don't get injured. Whether you do more or not really depends on how you feel I guess.
By the way with my previous post i meant to say that I think you should be able to run a sub 10:30 2.4k right now.

Sprinting 100-200m is a complete different beast than anything above 800m. If you want improvement on the latter then you'll definitely benefit from adding longer runs. Imo intervals should be no shorter than 400m, and you should be mostly recovered (able to breathe normally) between each interval.

Is running in full Mizuno/Asics autistic? I just want to be a weeb while sweating.

I just discovered the wonders of Asics shoes. I've been a Saucony fanboy for so long I just ignored them. Big fucking mistake. I have done more runs without getting any blisters in the Venture 5's I bought.

Cheers for the advice. What is meant by a tempo run btw?

Need to buy new running shoes, what should I get? Don't want to go over $100.

We should really make a chart or something.

I guess the easiest way to describe it is as a "challenging but not strenuous pace". You can google around for tempo run if you want more details though.

runningshoesguru.com/buying-guide/
This site is pretty good. If you're a fanboy of a brand, just go into reviews->all nike/asics/etc, and there will usually be a big post comparing all shoes.

It might because the circlejerking is so minimal and we are busy actually out doing the exercise we claim unlike /plg/ and /owg/.

why run anything other than HIIT? it kills gains

Gonna take up running in the morning, I had slight ED on Monday and want to nip it before it starts,

Not roiding can actually help that out too.

Fuck you severe thunderstorms I had a 10 miler scheduled tonight!

Go run anyways

Point taken.

I think I pulled my groin playing golf today and now it hurts when I run...I'm icing it but any thoughts on how long til its healed?

Hi runners I'm about to smoke weed for the first time, how bad will this affect my cardio gains?

>be ultra runner
>finish 100k
>hurt more than usual due to rockier terrain than usual
>another runner suggests weed
>smoke it
>feel good
>pass out
>wake up
>all cardio gains lost
>had to start from week 1 in c25k to get cardio gains back
Never again.

Lol so not at all?
I'm not a /run/ thread commoner (though used to be a decent runner) but I can tell when you runners are being sarcastic and that sounds like sarcasm.

You're unlikely to be running at the rate at which smoking pot every now and then will hurt you. If you wake and bake every day though, you'll probably be dropping off.

So say 30-40mi a week including mid distance runs and interval work won't be affected?

bump for help pls...i have a 5k coming up and im worried i wont be able to run it :/

Depends on the severity. RICE, stretch and test to see how you're feeling day by day, not much more you can do.

I run about 50mi/week and haven't really seen any change. I don't smoke that often either to be honest, but i doubt it will change much unless you live high.

Nice! I'm gonna go do it then. Thanks user.