Which Martial Arts Style?

I'm looking in to learning some form of martial arts. I took taekwondo for a few years when I was younger but I'd like something a little more involved.

I've narrowed it down just a bit but I don't know enough about the separate arts to confidently make a final decision.

Right now I'm looking mostly at Muay Thai, but I don't want to lock myself in to that until I know the differences between the following martial arts:

Aikido
Jiu Jitsu
Combat Sambo
Silat
Krav Maga
Systema
Ninjitsu

Is there such thing as a "better" martial arts to learn? Or do they all come with pros and cons? I'm open to recommendations and reasons for those recommendations.

Thanks!

>Aikido
>Good for anything

Just do Muay thai or jiu jutsu.

Pankration

1.) BJJ
2.) Western Boxing
3.) Muay Thai
4.) Wrestling
everything else is trash. do muay thai if that's what interests you

I was looking in to Krav Maga too. It seems to be a mix of wrestling, boxing, and real world situations. Any experience with Krav Maga? Is it a main fighting style or something I should learn as a secondary skill?

Actually you just settled it for me. I'm trying to avoid grappling as much as possible and of those four Muay Thai and boxing are the ones that stay farthest away from grappling. Muay Thai it is.

Would recommend wrestling, sambo, judo, or jiu-jitsu, and then with boxing, kick boxing, taekwondo, or Muay thai. Less likely to find a mcdojo with these ones, and they're pretty simple with a heavy emphasis for hands on training. I've done ninjutsu and contrary to popular belief it was really good. Complicated though, and hard to find a good trainer due to this. I would recommend it after you have some experience in the martial arts world for a while already, or you might get duped without realising it, and end up overconfident and a shit fighter.

i dont know anything about it, I'd say watch some YouTube videos about it

Sambo looks interesting. Would it be recommended to focus on just one art at a time, or could I take one or two Sambo classes a week, and one or two Muay Thai classes that week as well?

Wing chun but only if you can find a good master which incorporates full sparing in the routine.

Definitely a good idea to do one grappling and one striking at the same time. Both sambo and Muay thai are pretty aggressive, so put together by a good martial artist they could be devastating. It's recommended to do only do one striking martial art at a time, or one grappling martial art at a time, but doing one grappling and one striking at the same time would be optimal for fighting ability.

Out of all those, the best martial arts are Muay thai and BJJ, with krav maga being usefull to pick up after those two.
Ninjitsu isn't a martial art.
With MT and BJJ you should be golden.

Muay Thai or Wrestling

Everything else is a waste of your time.

What a shitty list. Boxing is probably the most useless out of all those things. You're fists aren't all that durable without those big gloves. Wrestling > Boxing any day of the week. Just watch James Tony fight Randy Couture.

I still Think it holds up though, ignoring the shitty rating system, since everything from kickboxing downwards is a meme

Muay Thai and Sambo (BJJ is also alright)

For practical applications I'm still rating Judo above BJJ desu. In fact I'd do that for anything that isn't groundwork - and even there there's things I've found BJJ to neglect.

You never boxed. What's bareknuckle boxing you absolute and complete idiot.

You know men used to fight dozens of rounds bareknuckle, right?

>krav Maga

If you're interested in fighting for sport, don't bother. If you're interested in surviving a street fight or a mugging, buy a gun. If you're interested in defending yourself when all other options have failed, take literally anything besides Krav Maga, most gyms are dumb mcdojo shit with no actual physical training and dumb scenario run-throughs. There's a bit of irony in that the most 'TACTICAL GOOD FOR REAL WORLD SITUATIONS SUPERIOR SELF-DEFENSE' has some of the most low quality gyms with the worst training.

why is boxing above muay thai?

Best is the one you enjoy because how else are you going to keep training for years.

Worst is Krav Maga and Akido.