Redpill me on the alkaline diet

Redpill me on the alkaline diet

Other urls found in this thread:

kidney-international.theisn.org/article/S0085-2538(15)33080-5/pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8874252
64.251.27.164/Acid-Base Balance Articles/remer.pdf
advan.physiology.org/content/33/4/275
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

diet that exists because retards will believe anything you tell them.

there are some people who think you can actually modify your bodies pH by what you eat lmfao.

i know a couple retards who think if you make your body 'suber alkaline' you can beat cancer.

hint: if you were able to even SLIGHTLY change your bodies pH by eating acidic/alkaline foods you'd die pretty fast.

kidney-international.theisn.org/article/S0085-2538(15)33080-5/pdf

orange juice has a pH around 4, is this graphic full blown retarded?

No you retard. You clearly don't understand the diet.
The point of the diet is not to alkalize your blood pH or anything like that, it's just to keep it from fighting the acidicy since the body always want to keep the same pH but acidic foods interfere with this. Also alkaline foods are healthy as fuck desu senpai

Citrate metabolism, from e.g. potassium citrate salts in the orange juice, consumes protons yielding a net alkalizing effect, or, in the case of citric acid, a net neutral effect. It's like buying a plant fertilizer that has "potential acidity" or "potential basicity". A diammonium phosphate solution is chemically basic but as the plant roots take up ammonium ions there's acidification of the rhizosphere.

>hold your breath, wow body acidity increased, I'm getting cancer
>start breathing normally, omg acidity is dropping I'm beating cancer
like just eat healthy lmao, acity changes literally by breathing alone, good luck without citrus fruits

double think has no limits

one time for some reason I was shitting on alkaline foods and water for about half an hour and my boss heard everything. Later I saw that he had a bottle of alkaline water in his desk and I was shitting myself all day, but I'm glad he had a working brain and he actually stopped buying that shit

this (((diet))) can be replaced by whatever food you want to eat + a scoop of baking soda.

Also the human body uses buffers to stabilize the pH of which the concentrations are far greater than any food, making the impact of food on pH practically zero.

The only case where this diet might be slightly useful is in case of acid reflux.
But even then just not adding citric acid to foods is sufficient.

>Oranges and pineapples are alkaline

Both have a pH of 3.0-4.0. Whoever wrote this is a complete retard, disregard entirely.

An alkaline diet is healthy and respiration isn't the only contributor to acid-base balance nor is it the weakest link in the chain at all times. The cancer shit is just a straw man. You can put people on a diet with low PRAL or give them citrate or bicarbonate supplements and see high intensity exercise performance go up because pulmonary diffusion capacity is bottlenecked there. Nitrogen retention is also increased as renal ammoniagenesis is no longer needed as much as a buffer. Also reduced risk of kidney stones because of less citrate reabsorption. And many other beneficial effects if you actually bothered to read up on it instead of shitposting.

Total pseudoscience bullshit, popularised by a doctor who is now in jail for practising without a license. Meme sleb diet, disregard and move on.

>
>An alkaline diet is healthy and respiration isn't the only contributor to acid-base balance nor is it the weakest link in the chain at all times. The cancer shit is just a straw man. You can put people on a diet with low PRAL or give them citrate or bicarbonate supplements and see high intensity exercise performance go up because pulmonary diffusion capacity is bottlenecked there. Nitrogen retention is also increased as renal ammoniagenesis is no longer needed as much as a buffer. Also reduced risk of kidney stones because of less citrate reabsorption. And many other beneficial effects if you actually bothered to read up on it instead of shitposting.
[Citation needed]
>Inb4 I'm not Google jaja
Nice thread fag why don't you spill some more buzzwords so it doesn't 404

Take a biochem class kids

Kill yourself along with your pseudoscience buzzword bullshit

You're one of those people who would do a "toxin cleanse" with some sort of magic shakes. You are WOMAN-tier retarded and gullible.

Another Cosmo diet with no actual scientific backing.

B I C A R B O N A T E
I
C
A
R
B
O
N
A
T
E

/thread

>stomach pH is 1.5 to 3.5
>everything you eat goes to stomach
>food wont leave stomach until it is acid
>neutralized by bile from pancreas
>mfw alkaline vegans forgot to biology

Shut up acid freak

Citric fruits alkaline, the fuck?

>[Citation needed]

For what?

>I'm an edgy underage reddit fag who's too much of a brainlet to understand babby biochem so I'll just label it as alternative medicine mumbo jumbo

I just want to point that this is -the- good answer in this thread. If your blood PH level moved appreciably ever, you'd be dead.

>hint: if you were able to even SLIGHTLY change your bodies pH by eating acidic/alkaline foods you'd die pretty fast.

You can change your blood pH by holding your breath for 30 seconds you fucking moron.

by .07 lul

source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8874252

Retard, if youre gonna make the claim that you're educated, try understanding basic anatomy and physiology first. All food enters the stomach where pH is tightly regulated. Chemoreceptors regulate the pH and signal to parietal cells to secrete more hydrochloric acid whenever pH drops or when the stomach is stretched. If you have alkaline foods, it is INSTANTLY subverted and has no effect on your body whatsoever. It is instantly neutralized (I doubt you even know what neutralization is considering you spout random words to try to appear smart) and any further addition of alkaline subtances are met with MORE acid.

The reason why our blood is alkaline has nothing to do with diet. It has to do with our blood buffers, regulation of respiration, etc. There's a reason why hyperventilation is bad. It increases alkalinity of the blood which disrupts the delicate carbonic acid-CO2-bicarbonate system of our blood. You stupid piece of shit, get out of here with your retarded pseudoscience.

>not knowing that PH is a logarithmic sclae

See Blood pH is chiefly regulated by respiration. Holding you breath restricts CO2 output, meaning more CO2 is converted to carbonic acid. That has nothing to do with eating food. Also pH is logarithmic.

I was arguing that it did not change blood acidity appreciably you fucking mongs.

It is well-accepted that diet can impart a net acid load on the body you uneducated dumbfuck. You're trying to infer effects on the entire acid-base pool by looking at the stomach in isolation which is hilariously myopic. even linked a paper demonstrating that ~30% of the inter-individual variation in plasma acidity is accounted for by endogenous acid production which is in turn influenced by dietary acid load. At least try reading a basic review article - assuming you have a >60 IQ - instead of flooding the board with ignorant platitudes and projections.

64.251.27.164/Acid-Base Balance Articles/remer.pdf

Look who failed the high school biology class ladies and gentlemen

advan.physiology.org/content/33/4/275