Painful but true

painful but true

Guys in the top aren't also "legitimately strong"?

You're just posting this because you're a fat-ass who wants to feel better about themselves.

Anyone who looks like the top is literally in the top 1% of strongest people on Earth.

Take your autism elsewhere.

just do whatever is motivating to you.
if society collapses and you went for functional man mountain, you will be enslaved as livestock

Pic related is taken out of context from a guide on how to draw muscular men.

?

Do people here not know the difference in training for strength and hypertrophy? They're not the same at all

imagine being this triggered

T. Pic related

This is Veeky Forums in the year 2017, what do you think?

If bottom guy fought a bear on a mountain, he would lose.

there is no difference

strength literally equals hypertrophy

This. Coelasquid did nothing wrong.

I really like her webcomic.

I don't even lift to get super fucking strong. Mostly lift to look good.

Strength gains are 90% CNS development whereas "muscle" gains are through sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy. Pic related is one of the strongest human beings on earth, while looking like an untrained man. The two do overlap onto eachother, but for those good at their craft, they have learned how to concentrate on one or the other very well. Just as an example, the first time you go to the gym you bench 65 pounds and deadlift 85, in two weeks you are able to bench 115 and deadlift 185. Do you think in those two weeks you've gained any significant amount of muscle to justify the strength gains? No, your CNS has developed. If this was bait I don't really care but a couple years ago this used to be common knowledge on this board, which I find weird

>This is the body of a guy who fights bears on a mountain
made me shiver with cringe

I literally only lift out of vanity and what?

this is all broscience

Keep in mind pic related is function over form not some fat fuck.
>pic related
strong as a bull, huge but still quite aesthetic
This is what females post 25 actually want

this is a guide to drawing bodies

not to lifting

fuck you

Why do people say this nonsense, when you can just youtube Coleman squatting 1000lb for reps?

You can also see him leg pressing more than an actual metric ton?

Why post a picture of Ilya off cycle and off training? He's huge when competing.
If you want to argue don't lie.

Top and bottom are the same
Bottom is just bulking

what if i told you that you have that backwards and that 90% of the variation between competitive powerlifters is explained by differences in muscle cross sectional area

800x2 Squat

Look at Ronnie now, that guy was fucking megadosing for years. I wonder if he'll ever admit to what his stack was like.

Same

if you want real function look at Daniel Woods or Michael O'Rourke.

Ever see a body builder out lift a power lifter? Didnt think so. Now stfu.

Stan Efferding

>the point
>your head

Where did I say that he would be stronger than the powerlifter? I just said the body builder is already in the top 1% of strength.

I'll forgive you though, I know power lifting apologists lack reading comprehension and critical thinking ability.

Ilya looks like shit even while he was competing. Now Pyrros Dimas had a fucking aesthetic goal body (see Sydney Olympics) and was freaking strong too.

I guess in the end it ties down to genetic/proportions

Bodybuilders might not be able to outlift a powerlifter in a 1RM but i'm pretty sure they beat the shit out of powerlifters in higher volume. watch Dr. Squat vs Tom Platz

>Top 1%
>Cant out lift a power lifter

Seems to me you are wrong. Power lifters are the top 1%. Plus they dont need roids to achieve what they work for as evident in their body fat percentage.

natty?

ok son now you're full trolling, if you honestly think top tier athletes aren't on gear you're just baiting me into replying.

>powerlifters don't use steroids
What

>via 9gag dot com

>posts the uncomfortable truth
H-haha guys, h-he's just triggered, right??

>for show, not real power
>ronnie deadlifting 800 for reps
>branch incline benching 405 for reps

You're gonna get a lot of shit for this, but this is true. Hypertrophy vs Strength is the biggest load of broscience there is

>the bottom doesn't use steroids

Whoever made this image doesn't even lift if this is what they believe.

>Arnold wasn't strong

while obviously powerlifters usually go harder than bodybuilders on pure strength, as far as normal people go what you said is accurate, I used this exact image to avoid and mask my insecurities when I was fat.

>the number of power lifters is equal or greater than 1% of the entire human race
really makes you think

This, except neither are natty

If you want to be massively strong then yes more body fat will make that possible as a natty. You can still be strong and lean though, an example is candito.

Dude you just made me laugh 3 times. Thanks for that. Also, you're a fucking retard.

Most lean heavyweight oly guys can vastly out squat even roiding powerlifters, high bar, ATG. You are talking out your ass.

Dan green, klokov etc, these are aesthetic and strong af dudes. Powerlifters are generally the """strongest""" with their sumo deadlifts, wide squats and bench arches, but if you think oly dudes, gymnasts and other lean and strong dudes aren't in the 1% you should lurk moar, or better yet, start lifting.

1 in 100 people are powerlifters, you heard it here first people.

He needs to fucking go outside and look at real people, actually.

huehue

Is this achievable natty?

All these fags are arguing about which man is better, but in reality they're the same person just with different levels of bf%

Bottom IS stronger than top because in order to look like top your need to cut hard, and then dehydrate yourself.

The difference is aesthetics, not true strength and mass

This the same shit when you fat fucks complain over the smallest things about bodybuilders.
>Literally talk shit when you arent even close to either of the forms.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. In the end if you make it, you don't need to justify it to anyone.

Yes
10+ years and slavic genetics

Yes. 1 or 2 years at most, perfect sleep pattern, lots of chicken and rice.

>This is what females post 25 actually want

This is so hollow it would be sad if you werent an ass

Slavic genetics is just misinterpreted roid use.

I honestly do not care if I could lift a literal ton

If my arm doesent looks veiny, defined and ripped

What's the fucking point.

You just become a fat person otherwise

>1 year
>that body
You forgot the roids part. It will still take years however.

Broscience, the post.

Hypertrophy increases the capacity for strength. This is why there are weight classes and why bigger lifters lift more.

>this is what fat """"""""""""powerlifters"""""""""""" actually believe

>if society collapses and you went for functional man mountain, you will be enslaved as livestock
To think i've been lifting for aesthetics this entire time.

He's not wrong. Both are extremely important. Strength is a skill too. Undoubtedly hypertrophy is a huge and fundamental factor and bigger people are stronger, but the CNS isn't some vague fitness guru meme, it's totally legit. American coaches don't have much experience with it though so we never hear about it. The good old ruskis have it down but who would bother translating some Russian mumbo jumbo blog post into English?

you have anything to back this up?

How about the focus on hypertrophy in almost all powerlifting programs? You seen the insane volume in sheiko, or the chinky oly team with their laterals and curls?

where can i find sheiko's programming?

Put your trip back on Trappy, or do we need to dox you again?

Don't talk shit on Blaha, he's much bigger in person. I was with my friend Brandon when I met him, Brandon is 6'4 and 280lbs, and Blaha made him look puny. Pictures just make him look small, they don't do him any justice

person on top: spent years of training but cant lift a chair lmao faggot
person on bottom: REAL STRENGTH can fight BEARS

person reading: another reason to hate attractive people!!

>fights bears

Yeah good luck with that

I don't think someone created this image to make themselves feel good about them because they are fat. I think the image here was created to really show that while people (Guy on the top) that look great, are really hurting themselves and their bodies which is really bad. I see that a lot today. Look how many people (mainly new/young lifters) are obsessed with narrow, small waists, and big biceps. Sure it looks great example : zyzz and other people alike, but the look that they have now is much much more overexaggerated and people are getting a wrong view of what fitness really is.

Besides, if pro bodybuilders are in the top 1% of the strongest men on earth, then powerlifters and strongmen are in the .01%

The bottom one is just a fat version of the top. This meme is made by fat fucks who want to make themselves feel better than people who are attaining the male ideal

>fat
You mean strong

Bottom lifts a fuckload more than top
They have the same muscles, yes, but fat and the energy it gives makes a difference

You hear that guys, there's nothing between 3% and 35% body fat, so you should just stop trying to be aesthetic because it makes me look bad :(((

Also nice 9gag watermark you fucking faggot

What he's saying is true, but misses the point. CNS hypertrophy precedes muscular hypertrophy when you start lifting, that's why noob gains are a thing. But once you've gone 6 months to a year, you've maxed out the CNS hypertrophy capacity of existing muscles, and thus only muscular hypertrophy will continue to increase your strength.

>being a powerlifter is real fitness but body building is not
fuck off retard

The top guy is much more healthy than the body. Very low body fat is preferable to excessive body fat.

>talks about functionality
>prime example is fighting a bear on a mountain
>implying powerlifters' fatasses could fight anything
why not just take martial arts classes then

any oly lifter not in the 90kg weight class is fucking strong without looking absolutely disgusting, HGH gut is not something to aspire too

Hmm, ya know guys I'm starting to think there might be a middle ground between 2% body fat pure muscle body builders and you literally look like your mother was impregnated by a grizzly bear powerlifters.

Gosh, I think maybe 99.99% of weight lifters fall into this territory and obsessing about the most ridiculous edge cases is stupid and counter productive.

Maybe it is even up to each individual to find the ratio of strength to aesthetics that makes them the happiest. They can even take solace in the fact they are working harder than the vast majority of the population is to improve themselves, no matter what the ultimate results are.

Nah thats all just crazy talk.

>Power lifters are the top 1%. Plus they dont need roids to achieve what they work for as evident in their body fat percentage.

get a load of THIS ignorant, mouth breathing retard. stop huffing so much gas ya stupid bastard.

GO away jason

Veeky Forums is not about actual facts, it's about how you can make people fuck themselves up by non stop posting retarded stuff and making people believe it.

You fucking retard. Did you even read what I wrote? I said that bodybuilding is very dangerous. I never said that bodybuilding isn't fitness. And fitness is staying healthy. Ok so maybe I did say bodybuilding isn't fitness so what you gonna do

>
>
>Pic related is one of the strongest human beings on earth
That is a really weird picture of bruce lee

>Plus they dont need roids to achieve what they work for as evident in their body fat percentage
>as evident in their body fat percentage
>body fat percentage

This lil nigga thinks you can't use roids to get strong as fuck while also being strongmanfat

awwww, the manlet thinks powerlifters can't be on roids~

>Tries to accuse all bodybuilders of being weak
>Thinks powerlifters don't have their own steroid regiments
>Cites Blahah as his source

You're a fat fuck who just started lifting, aren't you?

>bruce lee
>strongest man on earth
this better be bait

Hey retards. Do you even understand what top 1% is? It isn't that high. I guarantee you almost everyone ion this fucking board is in the top 1% on the planet if they lift moderately. Top 1% is literally 1 in 100 people. You meathead fucks just don't understand statistics so you think top 1% means top 1% of the 1% of the 1% of the 1%. If you are in Mr Universe you are easilt in the top 0.0001% in terms of strength. If you are a professional strongman you are probably in the top 0.000001%. Learn some fuckin statistics ya fuckin retards.

getting FIT is something that can be shown off on the daily, anytime you're out in public with form fitting clothes you re getting 'mired. when you think about it logically there's no other option than trying to look your best possible, fuck being strong. looks are everything, you aren't out in public lifting stones you're just sucking in your gut and trying to hide your double chin. no one is impressed by that.

I think you are 100% mad.

that is some grade A bait user.

Without doing any mental calculations id say at max only 2% of the worlds population go to the gym. Out of that 2% id say 80% of them are people who have registered for a membership gone for a week then never returned. 20% are 'regular' members.

Of those 20% is say only ~5%(1 in 4) can hit 1,2,3,4(meme stat aside its a good enough metric to separate people into strength categories)

Therefore its not much of a stretch to imagine that as long as you can bench more than 40kg and squat more than 60kg youre in the top 1% of the human race in terms of strength. You have to remember that the vast majority of people dont go to the gym

>I really like her webcomic.
Then you have shit taste in webcomics

>true

It's only true if you allow it to be

I think doing steroids to look like that is justified

I w-wanna fight bears too.