Do you drink alchohol Veeky Forums ? How many servings per week?

Do you drink alchohol Veeky Forums ? How many servings per week?

I only drink on occassions (when I go out). Don't go out that much but when I do I drink loads of alcohol

yea a shit ton.

>servings

lmao what's a serving of alcohol? on a typical friday/saturday night i'll have like 12 beers

Drinking is shit for your body. If it were discovered today it would be outlawed.

Was drinking beers fairly consistently throughout the week because it's summer and I don't have AC, however I just started getting Veeky Forums again starting this month and have cut back drastically. Only drink like once a week when goofing off with friends, usually just a bunch of beers. It's really taking its toll on me now though at age 33 and I just end up pissing and shitting like the entire following day so I'd like to cut back even more or maybe switch to just whiskey or something

muhammad pls, a glass of wine every now and then has beneficial affects

Couple shots of whiskey here and there on he weekends, not very often though

>because its summer and i dont have AC

As good as excuse as any

I drink heavily 2-3 days out of every weekend and it totally fucks my gains. I spend half the week getting back on track. Still never miss a workout tho.

A serving = a designated unit of a certain beverage, like a glass of beer or a shot of vodka or whisky

I have two fingers of a nice single malt whiskey at night after dinner to help settle my stomach and relax. I sip at it all night until I go to bed.

When we go out i drink club soda and lime. No alcohol.

Yep this

Except on top of it I average about 6 pints of beer throughout the day on weekdays

Who the fuck has that? Even memedtrenians have a bottle a meal daily or so. Alcohol is shit tier beverage from a health perspective amazing from a taste one.

Man if it's a really nice summer day I can be slow-drinking beers from sun up to sun down, same thing with red wine. Usually if I'm gonna drink I drink quite a lot, but never more than twice a week, usually just 1 night per week. Anybody who tells you it's not shit for gains to drink anymore than a glass a night is a liar.

I just passed one year sober because I'm a fucking retard who can't drink without needing to get blackout

Gives me a lot more time to workout but no amount of squats will fix my broken brain so. Shit sucks. At least I never got a dwi even though I deserved multiple.

The shame of thinking on my drunk actions and self hate is a great motivator for pushing through those last hard reps

I've pretty much been sober the entire year
but the past 2-3 weeks I've been celebrating my graduation like there's no fucking tomorrow
I'm starting my first job in 2 weeks, so until then I'm gonna party every day
suck my ass

Bois, I go to the pub generally once every two days and knock back two VBs while doing my readings for uni. Will it drastically affect gains or is it sustainable?

you dont have a broken brain youre just a weak willed fagget

drinking turns me into an alcoholic. if i drink have to get drunk. i have to get drunk every night or i can't sleep. feels bad. haven't got drunk in years.

>i have to get drunk every night or i can't sleep
>haven't got drunk in years.

Why are both of these present tense?

I used to drink a shit load due to depression (but also enjoyed getting fucked up). Now I have serious duodenal ulcer problems, and can't drink alcohol anymore. Or coffee. Also can't eat hot or spicy food. So watch your drinking friends

I only drink socially. I don't particularly like it, I get super cautious about my behavior instead of less, which I think is the opposite of how it usually works.

Had this last night though, it was pretty good.

Are you a lady?

Just how bad is drinking for gains? Like scientifically, what does it do to them?

how old are you, breh?

I feel like I'm headed down the same path (25 btw)

I had to quit drinking because I blacked out too often. I narrowly dodged 4 DUI's. I ruined a lot of friendships from blacking out and being really stupid. I abuse alcohol and it abuses me. When I woke up desiccated, with my heart pounding in my chest, my face pale, and my gums bleeding as I flossed, I decided it was time to stop.

No, just a sensitive manlet who only really started drinking in any capacity at 29.

fag

>12oz of 5% beer
>5oz of 12% wine
>1.5oz of 40% liquor

cause im typing it on a phone kb and too lazy to correct it. i type 125 wpm with flawless grammar and accuracy on my real kb. you can go be a mega autist elswhere thanks

o,25 cup whiskery every night (night cap to help me sleep).

Im trying to get fit, not drive myself insane.

Just smoke weed son no empty calories over here

shits for losers and ugly people no thanks.

I only drink on nights out and don't go out that often so my general alcohol consumption is alright

The problem is that when I go out I drink a LOT. Chugging beers is heavily encouraged in my culture. How do I keep it down?

Beer is also the ultimate gains and aesthetics goblin. Been tryin' to switch to whisky as of latelely

>ugly people
You mean like the kind of people who have to declare their moral superiority over the internet to others to feel better about themselves?

Me too man. It's my only hindrance when it comes to lifting and it's the worst one to have. It adds thousands of totally useless and unplanned calories, impedes recovery something fierce and, worst of all, makes me weaker for a good 2-3 days afterwards. I like going out and drinking but I have a real problem stopping. I stop either when I run out of money or the bar shuts. Don't enjoy that part of myself too much. After a certain level of drunk, it's just not that fun.

On a semi related note, I saw a frog on the way home just now and tried to remove it from the road but it was uncooperative. Oh well.

Well, I walked right into that one.

Maybe my favorite drink so far is ochawari, green tea and shochu.

i seriously hope you are a jap

Don't listen to him. Fru fru alcoholic beverages are TOP tier and have harder alcohol in them than shitty beer.

When you're young you think you'll live forever and be immortal, but what you put in your body will have an effect later down the line.

i don't drink beer buddeh

>Also inb4 living forever and being immortal are the same thing

I'm not, but I'm in Japan. That's why I started drinking socially, it's expected at work related parties.

That's one of the reasons I like them. They're easier to drink and have more alcohol. Why bother with beer?

Why the fuck would anyone want to be 54? I'm sure dying at 60 is more or less the same as dying at 80, only more painless

Exactly. Taste and getting drunk, frufru drinks are better in every way.

i drink once every week or so but when i do i'll have around 10 drinks

Eat food before you go out mate. Full stomach forces you onto spirits

Now in summer I usually get pretty drunk most fridays. In inter not that much

I drink when I bulk, but not when I cut. In the summers I drink socially with the occasional binge.

So for about four months of the year I'm downing 2-4 beers a night with the occasional weekend binge. For another four months, I don't touch the stuff. And then another four months, I drink whenever my buddies do.

I drink 2 pounders a night, so about 3 beers

Weekends will be little more, maybe 4-5 beers unless I'm with friends

35mL of 40% or 80 proof aka 1 shot. At least that's how it is in Austrafaglia.

I quit drinking after I graduated college, only do it on special occasions now and even then only 2-3 drinks at most in one sitting.

Read a book, find some new music, do accessory work, cardio, anything else. My one uncle is a full blown alcoholic (fifth a day minimum) and my dad drinks way too much. My biggest fear in life is ending up like them when I reach middle age.

I mostly stick with black coffee, water, and milk now.

4 miller lites, 2 or 3 nights a week. Cut back a lot when I started dieting, and low carb beer is okay to drink during keto.

Good job m8

Keep at it friend!

Good job to you too. Have a QT Tay Tay

I drink like a fish.

I enjoy beer and wine but I enjoy being drunk the most. Switching from beer and mixed drinks to only drinking vodka with water and a slice of lemon or lime allowed me to drop 15 lbs without changing anything else. I'm the leanest I've ever been and still boozing, and the leaner I get the less booze I need to get my drunk on.

As far as drinking alcohol and still lifting and being fit, everyone has a vice. I lift or do cardio everyday, I eat absurdly clean and healthy everyday, and at night I like to drink a few too many. I feel like the 80% of my day that I don't have alcohol in my body makes up for the 20% that I do. You can say that I'm justifying my addiction, because I am, but at least my vice isn't something awful like sucking man dicks or using creatine.

>I get super cautious about my behavior instead of less

That's me with weed.

2 beers and a few drags is the max I can do while being less inhibited.
Past that I start to over analyze all behaviors to try to be polite and whatnot, I'll actually think before speaking and stutter less when drunk than sober.

I'm an over-enthusiastic drinker. I barely drink, in that i'll drink maybe once every three months if that. But when i do, i get black out drunk, puking and passing out with very fractured memory.

While I like the numbness of being intoxicated, I don't like the shit effects afterwards.

ITT: everyone is a teenage pussy who drinks once in a while and don't know their limits

Minus the alcoholics, I assume.

Enjoy low calorie beer. There's no problem with having a couple of drinks, even every day, although i wouldn't recommend that. Until you hit about 5 beers in one sitting it doesn't affect anything other than calories.

And the reason for beer is that it partially gives you some helpful nutrients like Carbs and I've seen some with some protein in it too.

Wine is low calorie but mostly in sugars and Shots have higher alcohol calories that are pure empty.

1 beer a week. Roast me

I live in a frat house so a lot more than what is healthy. To accommodate for all the empty carbs I only eat two meals a day and a lot of protein shakes.

t. fags

do whatever you want man, just saying there are certain kinds of people (usually the kind you want to impress) that absolutely will look down at you for it

There's a lot of studies but pretty much irrelevant, alcohol itself has carbs and beer is obviously loaded with them

I don't drink acohol at all and I come from a culture of heavy drinkers.

In fact seeing all my family and friends shitfaced all the time is what makes me not get close to alcohol at all.

Same here. I'm Irish and my family has had a lot of heavy drinkers. I stay far away from it.

Oh shit nigga, how to fix?

>alcohol itself has carbs
You know alcohol is a completely different macro right?

I drink maybe one weekend per month. Usually have about 6-7 beers and I'm good. Dat low tolerance.

Basically only when my old m80s come to visit from out of town

I gained 25 lbs of fat from drinking in the last year. If I had at least worked out I could have made some gains with the extra calories but the hangovers made me skip the gym instead.

I want to end it.

Alcohol fucks me up too much, so sadly I don't drink anymore. Kinda annoying when you're with friends and everyone is drinking.

20 -30 x 500ml cans a week, usually in two sittings. I usually drink some whiskey as well.

This guy

Nah you'll be sweet. Just make sure everything else is in order and try to only have one vb or do it every 3-4 days.

Have had no alcohol for a year as well. By far the best decision I've ever made. I certainly wasn't an alcoholic but the benefits are endless. The first few months will be tough from a social aspect but if you push through that you're going to reap the benefits fast.

Every single Irish family ever has at least one alcoholic relative. I'm mostly irish by blood and every generation on both sides of the family there's an alcoholic or drug addict.

I used to have a major beer problem and it was fucking my life so I stopped, these days I do a glass of rum and diet coke about 2 times a week or so, but life sure is boring as fuck with no beer and never getting drunk, how do you people deal with it?