QTDDTOT

Old one hit the magic number.

So I get that not lifting and simply dieting and doing cardio only = skinny fat.

However. Does this hold true for swimming? Especially sprint/HIIT style swimming?

I know it's still cardio but swimming just seems... Different from your standard cardio.

TLDR: Would just swimming and diet alone still result in a skinny fat body in the end?

Whats the deal with sipping? Literally just drinking chemical-laden caffeine shit-water?

I get out lapped commonly by just out of their prime middle aged professors at UT Austin. You can be chubby/skinny fat and still carve out laps like no other.

I alternate 30 minutes of cardio with either climbing 200 floors in 30 minutes, or swimming laps for 30 minutes with my lifting and dieting. I'm not looking at being huge though, just in great shape.

>Literally just drinking chemical-laden caffeine shit-water
Ya but don't forget
Overpaying a huge corporation for it
And
Buying into their paid schilling here on fit

ottermode brah

Wrong. Fasting and lying around = skinny. Period. If you eat little you will not be fat. There is absolutely no need for lifting. Just go for a walk once a week.

The only way swimming will make you ottermode is if you are 25-30 and your natural muscle is peaking
But everyone here is 16 so that won't work you'll just lose your fat and look in shape but relatively featureless

>The only way swimming will make you ottermode is if you are 25-30 and your natural muscle is peaking
>But everyone here is 16 so that won't work you'll just lose your fat and look in shape but relatively featureless

What's a good site for tracking calories that has a lot of foods already in the database and are actually accurate? MFP isn't working for me for some reason.

myfitnesspaldotCOM

That's the one I said isn't working for me. It's been saying can't find the server for days now.

What's a good thing to read/watch/listen that will make me wanna go work out and lift the heaviest weight in the room?
I find myself enjoying my workouts much more when I just watched or read something that pumps me up.

Open to anything

How much does pre-workout make a difference and what is the best thing to take?

This is some dumb shit.

After a year of getting my diet all wrong and having to cut back to skelly mode I've finally got on the right track and made some good first gains

Doing a home gym hypertrophy routine using bodyweight and fairly heavy dumbbell exercises

Thinking of joining a gym in the next few months when funds are looking a little healthier and would like to make some strength gains too

Can I add a strength day to my current routine like this and expect to be able to do progressive overload?

MONDAY (Hypertrophy) 4x8-12
Chest
Shoulders
Tris

TUESDAY (Hypertrophy) 4x8-12
Back
Bis

WEDNESDAY (Hypertrophy) 4x8-12
Legs
Core

THURSDAY (REST)

FRIDAY (Strength) 5x5
Big Lifts (Deadlift, Squat, Bench, OHP, Rows)

It's common knowledge that a mans strength peaks at around 25-30 lern2googleBeing a twinkly fag who can't push 1pl8 but is at 10% bf from swimming won't make you ottermode

never give advice on this board again

>hur dur don't post real science here again because it degrades 16yos like me
Fuck off, they've done studies on this
Your average 16-19 year old does not have enough muscle to achieve otter without lifting for 3-6 months

is 10 oz. of baked chicken about 464 kcals?
I want to make sure that's correct so I don't go over my daily limit.

How do I keep my heels from lifting when I do squats? I can't for the life of me keep them down

>swimming will somehow not give you the mode """"""swimmers""""""" are called

I used to that routine, it's pretty fun.
I used to work up to a 5 RM and pyramid down from there. Try to hit that 5RM on friday 3x5. But that's intermediate shit though. Kind of a waste of gains if you're still milking those noob gains.

Nail your shoes to the ground

All the swimmers you see on TV lift

Is there anything wrong with eating the same meals everyday

No, try to switch around your veggies and fruits every now and then and you'll be good

lmao this fucking guy baka desu

Should I take protein powder before or after working out?

Pic related is you in 3 months rip
Haha just kidding this homo does calisthenics which is more effective at maintaining and building muscle than swimming rip

s-sauce

not gay or anything just want to see more of this

I dunno
He posts in all the fitness threads on /cuteboys/

I'm about a month into a slightly modified starting strength program, and my grip strength is shit. Are there such things as forearm newbie gains? how do yall deadlift lmao2plate without the bar slipping out of your sweaty palms?

is there somewhere I can get more of what's in that pic?

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO WHILE MY AC JOINT HEALS?

IM FUCKING MISERABLE AND MY SHOULDER HURTS ALL THE FUCKING TIME

I HATE THIS

How bad is sugar from fruits in one's diet? I've been changing my diet up a bit recently and found it hard to get enough fiber without including things like apples, raspberries, and blueberries. But that adds up a lot of sugar. Is that ok? I've heard that only "processed" sugars are bad for you and that the ones in fruit are ok, but I've also heard that sugar in general should just be avoided. Which is it?

Which one should I crack open first?
>Concord grape
>peach lemonade
>green apple
>blueberry mojito

I'm not a new lifter or anything and I'm plenty aware of the fitness/supplement industry but this thing is a bit different, so here's the question.

I'm doing IF, I train fasted AND only eat around 4 hours AFTER lifting
Would BCAA's, HMB or any other supplement be worth it? Don't pre-workouts contain bcaa's and shit? If so, any brand in general and shit like that?

thanks in advance

How come spot reduction doesn't work, but your overall muscular composition is affected by which exercises you do?

Yeah it's a retarded question but I'm retarded I guess

no idea m8t

BCAAs pre-workout in a fasted state will help get you through a session and help with muscle protein synthesis.

>only eat around 4 hours AFTER lifting

bruh...

im looking for the same effect, i already watched pumping iron 3 times and it always makes my pecs rock hard, also rocky but idk what else

Alright so I've got a few questions

1. How do I do warm up sets on starting strength? What percentage of my working weight do I use and how many sets and reps? You don't have a break in between eithe right?

2. How do my gym essentials look? Water bottle, sweat towel, 2x 1.25kg plates, gonna start bringing a belt to strap around my core when my lifts start getting heavy and bring my dipping belt too when I'm on phase 3 of SS.

3. I want to run on off days what's a good distance to run? How many calories should I be eating also with SS 3 days a week, running on off days? Is 3500 a good number?

Take 1-2 sets with 40-60% of your max weight, so say your max is 225, warm up with 100-125 somewhere in there for a handful of reps, slow controlled movement.
You're more prepared to workout than most.
Find out your calorie intake/BMR through the sticky, good distance, well start off with a mile and work your way up.

Exercises determine what muscles will grow and form, spot reduction is just a lame attempt to lose fat in 1 specific area, which is impossible because fat loss is achieved with a calorie deficit, not just working out specific parts of your body.

Fruit sugar is the best kind you can get, just don't intake a fuck ton of sugar, 1 apple has 19g of sugar just don't eat 5 fucking apples. Heavy carb intake is counterproductive for fat loss, so just measure your shit.

I live in San Francisco and tend to work pretty late. Usually I order out when I work late, but just ordering out is bad.

What are some healthy, 400-500kcal food options that user springs for when on a time crunch? I was thinking of getting some poke (raw fish + brown rice), but they tend to slather that shit in all these fucking sauces that can't be good for you.

I've been a skinnyfat faggot most of my life, and have only started lifting seriously recently. I'm thinking of getting a 5-10kg weighted vest to build up general endurance and supplement my running/biking. Is there long term value to this or will it just be detrimental to my progression?

I have problems suppinating my wrists. When I do any sort of suppinated barbell work, it feels like my wrists and elbows are being torn out of place. Is this normal? Is there a way to build flexibility for this?

My appearance at the gym is sloppy. Not form, well maybe form, but rather how I look. I don't want to take multiple showers a day. I don't bother looking in the mirror. I don't want to go to the gym to meet a girl or make friends. Never did that before and it sure as hell isn't gonna start because I'm not trying to be a skinnyfat now.

I get up at 5am, walk to the gym (it's nearby thankfully), workout and walk back.

There's no interactions with others. It's just me and the weights. But as I start waking up and seeing myself in the mirror with bedhead and wrinkles on my clothes, I don't like it. But at the same time, I don't want to waste time when I'm on a time crutch and have to work out at 5am to begin with.

Do you guys have people that look sloppy like myself at the gym? Does anybody give a fuck about the whole, "dress like you respect the people around you" these days?

neat, guess ill buy some

I'm not hungry in the following hours of waking up, and I'm fasting for so long that I dont even feel hunger but force feed myself

What are some good ways to help heal pulled muscles in your back? I hurt my rhomboid doing overhead presses so my shoulderblade is stretched out and pretty tight.

In my experience, as long as you don't smell bad, follow proper gym etiquette (reracking, wiping equipment after use, no hogging etc) and stay to yourself nobody will really care about how you look. Also anecdotal but as long as I avoid midday, I manage to stay clear from most gym faggots who would give me trouble over something like that.

If someone harasses you over it complain to management. If management doesn't have your back, I dunno I guess move to a better gym.

2 questions:
>1 - Should I eat a loaf of bread a day
I finished my cut, and I'm trying to work out my diet for my bulk.
I have access to free bread, and lots of it.
It also turns out that bread has almost perfectly the amount of calories/carbs/protien to satisfy my diet needs. (1 loaf per day)
However, I heard that bread=bad (simple carbs and too much fibre and shit).
So, should I eat a loaf of bread a day? and why? (also note; I'm pretty poor and like I said before, I get this bread for free)

>2 - Can I skip leg day if I work as a bicycle delivery guy
I work 4 hours a day 3 days in a row of bicycle delivery.
My legs get tired as fuck.
I either do leg day after doing work, in which case my legs will be so sore I cant do anything and look like a huge faggola
or I do leg day before work, in which case when I'm delivering ill be slow and in pain.
So, can I just skip leg day completely? I mean 14 hours of riding aronud (and I set that gear to max and go h4rd) to me seems like a pretty good substitute, but I know that cardio is not lifting. I already have pretty big legs aswell.

Alright fit I'm at a total loss here. I'm 6'1 252 lbs at 30% body fat. Using a tdee calculator it comes up with 3k calories for maitence while doing light exercise. I feel like 2.5k calories is still way too much to lose weight. How fucked would I be if I did like 1800?

so is skim milk actually good or does it give titties?

I'm just starting out, I've been at this a month.
I've been alternating lifting and cardio hitting the gym 6 days a week.

A staff member suggested I split my lifting over two days focusing on upper body and lower body. Good idea, bad idea, or it makes no difference?

Sips are actually pretty good, but I don't know where it started from other than people posting that delicious (yet affordable) white Monster Zero

everyone always underestimates how many calories they consume, so 3k for maintenance is probably correct, its just that you underestimate how much you actually eat and thats why you think that 3k is too much.

Count your food intake (i.e. the calories), and cut out anything that's small enough that you wouldn't normally count it.
e.g. no soft drink (easiest and most effective to get rid of), all snacks (choc bars, peanuts (unless you eat a lot)), and other small shit.

Do a week of 2.5k calories, and if at the end of the week, you arn't losing any weight at all or you feel like you could eat even less, then eat even less.

Can I eat greek yoghurt if I'm on a cut?
Should I avoid carbs like the plague if i'm on a cut? (no noodles or rice whatsoever?)

Is cheat day still allowed? or is it a meme

I worked out Monday for the first time in months and my legs are still so sore I'm walking funny. For future reference, was it a good move to duck working out today? Or should I work though the pain in the future?

Switching off between strength and hypertrophy days is actually pretty good, it got me from my plateau at 210x5 to 225 for a triple (previously on a 3x5) in a month while I was cutting, weirdly enough. I'd suggest working core more often though, at least 3x a week. An ab roller is a great investment

Work on ankle and hip flexibility, you've probably got tight hips and calves. A wider stance might also help if you've got long legs

Bas Rutten ate 6 slices of bread with marmalade for breakfast and drank beer for dinner. Do what you want.

After 48 hours, you should be good to go unless you're injured. I find DOMS clears up with exercise.

Keep your hands dry, use a towel in case they get sweaty. Use a double overhand grip for all of your sets, and only use chalk on your heaviest or last set (if you are doing multiple sets at the same weight). Weighted pull/chin ups, hammer curls, heavy barbell rows will help. Also, shrug a lot and work on static barbell holds. I do all of this (except barbell holds, I used to but don't need to with all the shrugging I do) and so far I'm able to hold 365 DOH for a single without chalk easily. It's my shitty deadlift strength limiting me now instead of my grip lol
It's something that will develop as time goes on, you don't really need to actively focus on it until you get to really high numbers if you're doing the things I've suggested

He was a straight monster though

Sad to see him plugging that weed oil shit so hardcore these days

Just got some adjustable dumbells and a bench w/ a bar. Can't do squats or diddlys because my basement is carpet and it's not too safe stability-wise.

I want to create a program that does bench, OHP and then replaces everything else with dumbbell stuff. How does one go about making that routine? My goal is mainly to aesthetics so any route that takes me there fastest would be best.

The bread should be fine as long as you're getting your macros in, hopefully it's some sort of wheat bread and not just white bread.
As for skipping legs, go for it my man. You're limited by your job, and as long as your legs look good you're fine. But it might be good to squat at least once a week, just to keep the movement pattern down

Everyone is always surprised when I tell them my weight. I'm 175 otter mode but they always think I'm 10-15 lbs lighter, why could this be?

Yeah, greek yogurt is fine as long as it fits your macros/calories. Carbs are fine on a cut, it usually just varies from person to person; although the general consensus is that higher carbs = less fat loss. Just eat at a deficit and find what macronutrient split works best for you

how tall are you

5'11"

>/cuteboys/
that still exists?

Just do a sticky recommended routine and replace heavy floor barwork with dumbbells
probably got weight on your legs they cant see

Is incline bench easier on the rotators than flat bench?

Is flat bench completely replaceable with incline bench?

Alright one really cool guy at the gym today, I showed him GSLP and he said it's too little volume. So typically how do you guys add volume to a routine? For example for bench I was thinking just do additional 4 more sets at lighter weight but try to keep the same number of reps..

I just add one rep at a time to sets when I can't increase the weight, but I feel like my current load isn't quite enough. So I'll start running sets of like 3x12, 3x13, 3x14 instead of 3x10 before I go up on weight.

I'm DYEL as fuck though so maybe my advice ain't great, idk.

both use your shoulders, i'd fix the rotator cuff issue instead of replacing flat with incline
Too much volume is subjective, do whatever your own body can handle.
if your recovery is turning into 3 days its probably too much

Someone redpill me on training fasted and only eating a few hours after lifrting(and still fasted)

Ive always had big forearms since forever, so I bought a variable strength crush gripper with springs (cff pitbull) to make them bigger and stronger I started training them 2 weeks ago using a variable strength gripper and went from 200 lbs to 300 lbs that seems way too fast. Does anybody have any experience with the gripper I'm using to tell me if I'm just a popeye freak or the gripper isn't actually that heavy?

Sounds like a cool advice.. I might try that.
How do you know when you have fully recovered and when you have not? I can't tell because I never get DOMS on my upper body..

Can i still do barbell bench and barbell OHP? Or would i become imbalanced since you progress with barbells quicker?

>Fruit sugar is the best kind you can get, just don't intake a fuck ton of sugar, 1 apple has 19g of sugar just don't eat 5 fucking apples. Heavy carb intake is counterproductive for fat loss, so just measure your shit.

What's a good daily cap on fruit sugar? I think I've been eating too much (around 80g total)...

If that's too much, are there any alternative sweeteners to use in things like oatmeal?

What's a good macro ratio for a first cut?

Do front squats place less emphasis on the lower back? Is it more forgiving on form?

So I'm going on vacation for 9 days and won't have access to a gym but I will have access to 2 20 pound dumbbells. Should I just do a dumbbell workout to make up for this?

Is it possible to lose bodyfat while still maintaining the same weight? I've changed some things in my diet and workout routine and I feel and look leaner, my waist lost some cms as well, but I had absolutely no change regarding weight.

Should i be cutting while doing IF or maintaining to lose weight?

How do I lower my bf %? Is it about the macro ratios or the calorie deficit? I just don't get it.

How do you deal with protein farts? One candle is not enough.

How do you figure out how heavy a person should be based on their height? Like somone posts they're 6 ft 140 lbs and people respond that they should be like 200 lbs. Is there an ideal weight-height ratio or a chart of some sort?

There's no reason not to, dude.

If you want to lose weight you have to cut. You don't lose weight while maintaining, that's kind of the point.

Yes, that's called recomping. It's much more effective for naturals than cutting is.

calorie deficit

How many g is too many g of protein a day to get from supplements?

Reptiles, amphibians and smaller rodents like mice will make you fat, stick to lean rabbits and insects, you also don't have to eat the treat when you land on the glove

Does anyone have that pic of peter parker looking in the mirror but he has rich pianos body

What are some exercises for facial definition and toning?

If I have a slip disk, what can I replace deadlifts and squats with?

just lose weight and train neck