5k burns 300 calories

>5k burns 300 calories
>one slice of pizza is 300 calories
Excuse my newfaggotry but what the fuck? I don't understand how losing weight is possible
>inb4 don't eat pizza
I don't, just an example, like if you have to run your ass off just to burn 300 calories how do you manage to stay fit eating three fucking meals a day?

Read the sticky

it's easier to cut food out of your diet than it is to run food out of your diet

Your body burns calories when at rest on things like rebuilding muscle, the more muscle you have the more you burn by literally doing nothing.

Also this

>stupid faggot posts something stupid

Saged

>implying
But how much does your body burn though doing nothing? Because I don't see how we can manage to eat what takes probably a nonstop sprint all day to burn and manage to not die
Thanks

2,371 apparently

>read the sticky
>calculated his TDEE and a deficit that would lead to weight loss
>doesn't know how much his body burns while doing nothing

read it again retard

Your body burns 2,371 calories if you are sedentary all day every day. That means that in order to maintain your weight that's how many calories you need to eat every day. If you cut by 500 your body will need energy from somewhere and will take it from your fat and muscle stores and you will lose weight. It's not fucking rocket science. You don't need to run 5k every day to lose weight.

Thank you for being helpful and not like these autists Are certain foods better than others or should I strictly go by calorie count?

High protein, moderate fat/carbs, depends on what you're doing, calories mean everything outside maintaining macros.

The sticky covers Macros, so just look into that.

I'll TL;DR weight loss for you. You burn x amount of calories just breathing and being alive, could be in bed all fucking day. When you're active, which means any movement, your calories burned increases.

user burns 3,500 calories everyday with his workouts and body comp, he needs to consume under 3,500 calories to lose weight.

1lb of fat is 3,500 calories, a 500 calorie deficit means to eat 3,000 calories a day, assuming your burning the 3,500 daily. Adjust as you see fit and for your specific needs.

Simply not consuming calories is far far far more effective than trying to burn them off
>how do you manage to stay fit eating 3 meals a day
By counting calories, eating healthy, and working out to build muscle

Working out doesn't matter much if you don't eat right

Can I just fast for a while and lose an entire pound every day? Or is that unhealthy? An user told me once to only do that if I'm about to go to a beach party or something (as if)

Also thanks a ton for explaining it to me, sorry I'm retarded
I never really cared about muscle, I just wanna be skinnier, but if I want to start on the muscles after losing my bellyfat what's the best way to do this? Weights or running? Thx

you have not read the sticky

Running doesn't build muscle and isn't good for weightloss (you will just get more hungry and tired if you try to be at a bigger deficit by running). It is great for your health but start after losing weight.

Start lifting NOW. It helps everything related to body composition, cutting before starting lifting is for retards who can't commit to two necessary lifestyle changes at the same time.

Fasting often isn't healthy, it's good if you wanna start fresh IMO. Fast a day, then begin the weight loss, fast again maybe a couple weeks later.
Only time water fasting and the like is effective or recommended is when a fucker is severely, severely obese. If you're looking to cut 60lbs or under, you don't need to constantly fast.
Also working out and then fasting that day is gonna feel like hell, I'm currently on a cut as well and fasted the other day for shits nd gigs, didn't do much that day but still felt like hell.

>not running 10k and eating a banana pos workout for that 300kcal differential
not gonna make bra

>Because I don't see how we can manage to eat what takes probably a nonstop sprint all day to burn and manage to not die

Fug I promised the girl I like that I'd do cross country, plus I really liked it

Can't back out so I'm gonna have to lift on the weekends. Is this enough?

>OP is literally underaged
ABORT ABORT ABORT

>tfw 18 year old high school senior
>tfw scrawny arms and skinnyfat
>tfw I've been accused of underage like ten times
:(

No, it is not. Lift 3 days/week and run in rest days (make sure to take at least one day completely off exercising)

I'm not saying you can't/shouldn't run, just that it won't help with weightloss (I eat all my cardio calories back even when cutting so I don't feel like shit).

> 18
> start lifting, reach 21 with a better body than 99.9% of your uni/work peers
> bitches craving your dick

Okay, so I'll do the running for fun and focus on my diet while trying to get in as much weightlifting time as possible.

Last two questions: if I lift with my arms will my arms get big and same with legs? I know spot reduction doesn't but this is different, it's adding muscle.

Also: does weightlifting burn calories as well as add muscle? It seems like it wouldn't due to being more sedentary but idk

Weight lifting can burn even more calories than your cardio regiment depending on what you do.

Apply resistance training to areas to build muscle, you can't bicep curl and get bigger glutes.

You really didn't read the sticky. I'm kinda annoyed I answered so much when it's right in front of you on the first page.

Most of your energy is used by powering your brain and heating your body. Physical exercise doesnt take that much energy in comparison. This is why simply EATING LESS is much easier than doing extra exercise to try and use up the extra energy you consume

My fucking nigger, I'm eating that exact cereal bar right now. Its an easy 200cal to get some carbs before working out.

You will be expending energy to lift, so yes it will help with weightloss (not sure how much but this doesn't matter mate, calorie deficits through diets do).

Just don't. Begin with a beginner program to learn the compound lifts (say SS or SL) and after stalling repeatedly on them worry about developing specific body parts (really, your entire body is shit if you haven't lifted, you will see improvements all around in the first 3-5 months).

Weight loss is more based around diet than in exercise.

Lets use the example you gave and change it around. Lets say instead in your scenario you didn't exercise but you also didn't eat the pizza. This scenario is more effective for weightless than the one you gave.

Lets say the average person uses 2000 calories just to stay alive daily, not doing anything. If you restrict yourself to a diet where you only consume around 1500 calories your body will need to find a way to get the extra 500 your body needs to function. It will tap into your fat reserves. Do this consistently for a week and you would have lost a pound since a pound of fat is roughly 3500 calories. This is a gross oversimplification but it is the overall gist.

Also read the fucking sticky.

Technically, you will lose the same amount of body mass whether you eat 1800 kcals of carbs or 1800 kcals of protein. Thermodynamics doesnt care where the energy comes from. However, your goal is not to lose body mass, it's to lose body FAT mass, while not burning too much muscle. To do this, you want about 35-55% of your calories to come from protein, about 25-35% from fats, and 15-25% from carbs.

It's important to know that when aiming for weight loss, CARBS are your enemy, not fats. Dietary fats are important for the absorbsion of fat-soluble nutrients and help control blood sugar. Fats also make you feel fuller at lower calorie amounts. Carbs, however, provide quick energy, that, unless used, is turned into body fat. Carbs are also less filling; it's easy to exceed a diet simply by getting lost on the amount of bread and pasta you eat.

Google information on macros, nutrition, and dieting if you want more help

>if I lift with my arms will my arms get big and same with legs?

Do you understand how much power it takes to keep an 80 kg person heated to exactly 37° in earth's varying weather ranging from -20° to 40°+?

Let me give you some perspective. It takes exactly one kilocalorie to heat a kilogram of water 1 degree. Our bodies are about 70% water - 56 kg for an 80 kg person. That means that to heat ONLY the water in a person's body from room temperature (18°) to body temperature (37°), he or she would need to expend 1,064 kilocalories. That's just the water.

Now, I admit my situation is an exaggeration, because if a human body ever got to 18° it would be unable to carry out neccesary chemical reactions and it would die immediately. I don't know how much heat a body radiates in a day, and therefore can't calculate how much heat needs to be replaced. Just giving you some thermodynamic perspective.

>not using the american system on an American board
I don't understand you retard

People are being "autistic" because you basically just walked into a car enthusiast forum and asked why they go vroom.

The sticky exists for shit like this.

>not using metric system in a metric world.

even in america, science uses metric in almost all cases.

if you cannot into metric, that says a lot more about your intelligence than anyone else

you can eat as much as you want on a vegan diet and you will lose weight, inb4 foilhats accusing me of being shill or whatever