Straps, sumo, why?

Why do people even use straps or pull sumo? They know it doesn't count, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edBFYfRVguo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AkxedzeBPHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>feels so important he has to start his own thread to voice his stupid opinion

Kill yourself

sage

Fuck you it's a real question

Sumo is fine. You are diverting stress from your back to your quads. Only fags get butthurt about sumo.

If you already squat then what's the fucking point

oh right, powerlifting isn't actually about getting strong

Yeah, your "legit" 2pl8 deadlift is much more impressive!

turn on your trip boardshorts we know its you..

Straps don't count. Sumo is fine.

Also that's 495 for 1rep? Lel

because it trains your posterior chain and back better than a squat.

That's only the case if you never break parallel on a squat.

Just got outlifted by someone at your gym, huh?

that shit isn't even real sumo. looks like some kind of hybrid or this guy is like 5'4 or less

bet you can't even do 315

He is 6'4

i'm 6'3 and my legs are touching plates when i pull sumo. leg placement like that is conventional for me

Your muscles don't know you're cheating. You get better gains since your body is confused and thinks you're deadlifting more than before.

solid facts m8

Eat shit
youtube.com/watch?v=edBFYfRVguo

Who is this?

Looks like 585

Bendy bar is longer

Some guy named birdshit

Birdshit? Thats his name

Boardshorts
He's a trip here

Summer is almost over at least.

> gets upset by strap users
> gets upset over someone not lifting just like you
Ask me how I can tell you don't lift much, or don't smash back very often, if at all.
You've probably never stayed much long than 45 mins at the gym too.

The smart lifter that plans to stay in the game for a long time competes against themselves not others and really does not give a shit if someone else does not view there lift as legit.

The deadlift as a measure of strength and why as a competitive tool foot/hand placement is irrelevant on the whole.

Due to bio mechanics some people will be able to pull more than others conventional this is there biological limit.

Due to training some people will be able to pull more conventionally/sumo even if they are more optimal suited for the other.

So to take away biological leverage advantages it only makes sense to allow that movement to happen the way the lifter wants with as few rules as possible.

As to assistance equipment. Many different people train for many different reasons. For me grip strength past 405 is really not needed for my personal life or fitness goals. Yours migth be different.

>a tip to you, m'sir

Sumo is fine on its own, but sumo and conventional should not be allowed in the same competition, theyre completely different movements

I bet he's in better shape than you chump, post pics or stfu

I accept your tip.

As to if sumo/conventional should be allowed in the same category. I would say you are correct in a pure sense, but logistically the sport is simply not that popular and additional rules become a nightmare. As a ref not this sport, but a different sport arbitrary rules about hand and foot placement are a nightmare and the cause for endless bickering.

>someone with amazing deadlift proportions and on roids with an good deadlift but definetly nothing special

My point was that sumo has purpose for some folks you fucking autist, why is everything a goddamn competition with you

Why the fuck would you want to look like this just to be good at a sport nobody cares about and that there is absolutely no money in.
I just don't fucking get people like this .

Post bum boardie

Beats me man. I diddly for the gains, I don't really give a shit who's impressed with how much I have on the bar. That dude looks like a walking stack of bulging golf cart tires.

>boardshorts
>alpha

more like 15% bodyfat chinless master of mediocrity

Post your lmao6 plates pull with timestamp or gtfo.

Sumo hits your hamstrings, glutes, and back just fine. It's only "quad dominant" if you set up like an absolute mongoloid

Yeah I don't get pure pl people or even pure bb or pure cardio people.

I want all around fitness so I lift heavy, add in some high rep sets for size, and run 5k 3x per week.

Seems like nobody wants to be kind of good at all 3 and instead want to be really good at one.

Yeah but running suffers when you put on size. They aren't mutually exclusive per se but running and size don't benefit each other

Don't all athletes at heavyweights look like shit ? Boxing, mma, oly, some American handeggers

You realize sumo doesn't make you any weaker when you pull conventional

>boxing
>mma
No
>oly
Some
>football
No weightclasses in football you absolute retard

>different bodytypes/weights don't work better in certain positions

Being deliberately obtuse isn't a great counterargument.

>No
Look at these lean machines m.youtube.com/watch?v=AkxedzeBPHE

i'm going to fry your nipples

Grip strength will limit you back every time. Nobody does deadlifts to train grip strength.

>g-guys it doesn't count mkay?

Says who? Fags on the internet?

>mfw mongs think sumo is just a super wide stance squat with the bar in your hands
kek kys cuck
Sumo just means your grip is inside your legs, that's it.
I pull close sumo (aka semi sumo which is a retarded name) because it feels better for me. Can't explain why. I'm barely 2 inches outside what I'd use for conventional but it feels so much better. Pulled 10kg more that way the first time I tried.

These are literal nobodies fighting in an org that isn't even c-tier.
They probably make 1k to show and one 1k to win. Not a lot of ranked UFC heavyweights are fat, with the exception of Mark Hunt, but he is a legit bum.
Not an argument.