Is how flat you can get your stomach limited by genetics?

Is how flat you can get your stomach limited by genetics?

I put a lot of effort into working my core, and no matter how much I do, I just can't get rid of my stomach bulge.

I have ab muscle, like I can feel them, they're hard. I just don't have a flat stomach, which is what I what.

get your BF checked like my dubs

Did you used to be overweight ? I used to be fat and have a big gut and 2 years later I can't tell if it's loose skin or fat anymore. It's definitely getting better and when I look in the mirror it doesn't look like gross sagging skin but it just isn't "right"

I'm 5'9 with a 2/3/4/5 and I had to drop to 165lbs to get visible abs.

My BF is really low, as far as I can tell.

I've never been fat, I've always just had this stomach bulge.
I have sort of visible abs, but the bulge just won't go away.

I can't describe it very well so I just took a picture.

it's really not.

cut

What's "really not"?
Kind of confused here by why you mean.

You have to be fucking scrawny to have visible abs.

I mean, I don't care so much about having visible abs. What I want is a flat stomach. That's way I don't have to suck in my stomach and flex my abs to make them look flat whenever I'm shirtless in public.

>cut
>do more abdominal exercises

You hold most of your fat in front of your abs. You think you're lean because your body doesn't hold a lot of fat in other places, but you still have fat you can lose.

Being honest, you're not that lean. Compare your picture to someone at roughly 10% body fat.

You need to be much leaner for visible abs. To avoid the bulging turtle shell abs you need to work on your transverse abdominal muscles. Do stomach vacuums and all those light unweighted foofy ab exercises like flutter kicks while sucking in your gut.

So what? More cardio and less crunches?

I literally can't get any thinner. My skin around the waist is up against the thigh bone. I can't even pull it an inch away.

Which is what made my question if it was a matter of genetics.
But I think the previous person who replied is probably right. Fat gathers in the front of your abs more than any other place.

>So what? More cardio and less crunches?

Just cut nigger

You should be using a caliper if you're not already

>Just cut
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I'm not familiar with this board's terminology.

Like, cut abs? How do you specifically go about doing that?

Cut is diet. Eat less and lose more weight (Body Fat).

Look, you can either cut or bulk. Bulking is when you start eating like an animal to gain mass. You're gonna gain fat when you do this wether you like it or not.

Cutting is when you start regulating your meals, stop eating food that makes you fat.Do more cardio and so on. Stuff to get leaner.

You have a layer of fat above your abdominal muscles. For the muscles to be visible you need to get rid of that fat. That's cutting.

Eat at a deficit while getting enough protein, reduce carb intake and make sure the only carbs you do eat are complex.

You literally can get thinner, that's the idea of Body Fat mate. you're not at 0% Body Fat, you can keep cutting. You'd be at maybe 16-18%?~ Don't forget fat can be visceral, i.e. around your organs as well, so even if your skin is touching your thigh bone, keep going.

Ah, okay. I see. Thank you got explaining that. I though "cutting" was a type of ab exercise for building tone or something.

I guess I'll do just that then and figure out a more steady diet.
I've always figured that I could eat however I want as long as burn it off later.

I do martial arts, so I get a lot of cardio and plyometric type training. So, I always just assumed I was burning off whatever I ate.

>really low

lol more like 15% if I am being generous. just cut faggot. stop eating carbs. jeez

>Don't forget fat can be visceral, i.e. around your organs as well
That's actually a fair point. I didn't consider that.
I guess it just really is about the diet and not how many carbs you burn.

I do hours of cardio every single day of the week.
I can't have that much body fat.

After work, I spend the rest of the day teaching at a martial arts school.

You're like 20% bodyfat user

Your BF isn't nearly as low as you think.

Cut.

Link me the best way you approve of to test body fat and I'll go do it.

Deca test.

Learn to google

No, I actually wanted you to pick your favorite guide to doing it, so you couldn't complain it was inaccurate when I go do it and prove you wrong.

I can google search just fine.

Anterior pelvic tilt

You go to the fucking doctors and get scanned by the dexa scan machine you autist

Nah, I wish it was that simple.
I spend most of my day standing, so my back is straight.