How long has smoking been a popular thing among humans? Often I have dreams where I want to smoke

How long has smoking been a popular thing among humans? Often I have dreams where I want to smoke.

>ywn cleave enemy tribesmen's heads open with a tomahawk, dance around a fire all night with your native bros, fuck cute native bitches and finish the night by getting high off some all natural Pre-Colombian weed
Why live?

Being a native must have been awesome before the Europeans came over.

Weed fags are fucking cancer, this is a tobacco thread moron.

>Pre-Colombian weed
marijuana is an Old World transplant, they were smoking Nicotiana rustica and other plants.

you've got to go to South/Central Asia and deal with horsefuckers if you want to get that shit. They don't call it kush for nothing you know.

>Weed is stupid, my all loving government that would never lie to me said so
>Tobacco is fine, even tho it's pumping concentrated literal cancer into my body and is as addictive as heroin it's perfectly safe because I'm a sheep who has never had a single original thought in my life.
Kys normie scum.

Cannabis is a new world substance, it was never native to the old world user..

>Getting ripshit on peyote

What?

The Scythians were blazing it all day every day.

Columbus used hemp ropes on his ships to "discover" the new world in the first place

Huh, guess you're right, just looked it up.. That sounds even more awesome tho, raiding and pillaging followed by smoking and chilling. Sounds like the life.

omfg you're dumb

>Jerez picked up the tobacco smoking habit. When he returned to Europe in the NiƱa, he introduced the habit to his home town, Ayamonte. The smoke surrounding him frightened his neighbours: the Spanish Inquisition imprisoned him for his "sinful and infernal" habits[1], because "only Devil could give a man the power to exhale smoke from his mouth"[citation needed]. When he was released seven years later, smoking tobacco had caught on.

kek

spaniards are dumb.

Fine choice of words

It's existed since the first shamans realized that the smoke of some plants can "connect you to the spirit world" by getting you high as all get out.

It wasn't the same type of Cannabis, also it was rare enough in the steppe to limit it to the shamans. The Scythians preferred their wine far more, for parties.

>How long has smoking been a popular thing among humans?
Thousands of years
>Often I have dreams where I want to smoke
Because you subconsciously think it's cool

The scythians didn't smoke it but steam bathed in it IIRC.

Bertrand Russell said smoking a pipe saved his life.

It wasnt a high end 20% thc breeds, but it was the same species and would get them high enough. Also hemp grows abundantly pretty much everywhere, so they had plenty. It wasnt even only for "shamans" but a general cleansing ritual. Herodotus said it was used before ceremonies like weddings.

They put up a small tripod, covered it with fabric to make a small tippie-like structure, then put some red hot stones inside with them, closed everything up tight and threw handfuls of flowers on the stones.

You can bet thatll have got them really really high.

As for smoking in general, I think I member reading somewhere about pipes more than 6k years old in the americas, but dont ask me to find that source again.

I didn't mean to imply that they didn't get high as fuck from it. Herodotus describe the steam bathing as their favorite hobby.

you're right, you shouldn't live