I am transferring to a 4 year university this semester and I have decided to join a true athletic program...

I am transferring to a 4 year university this semester and I have decided to join a true athletic program. Rowing/Crew has always seemed patrician af to me and I have already contacted the coach who is enthusiastic to have me.

What am I in for Veeky Forums? They train 6 days a week I just hope I will be able to do homework, my normal lifts plus their workouts and still have time to look into pro fraternities and clubs. I am about to be busy as fuck.

Looking at team photos and the height/weight stats of the team it looks like I will be the tallest and heaviest person. Any Crew on here who can tell me what this will mean for me?

If you do a sport:
>You're not going to want to do your own separate lifts, their training is sufficient
>It will absolutely beat the hell out of you waking up early every morning
>It will be your only club activity outside of academics (frat would probably be fine too)

I don't mean to discourage you. Just know what you're getting yourself into.

Also walked onto my crew team in college, also trained 6 days a week.

If your time management is excellent, you can manage it along with a club or two, depending on their level of commitment.

I switched from a PPLPPLx routine to 2 or 3 full body workouts a week depending on if I had the time, you'll most likely have at least one lift day with them.

What lifting exercises can I expect? Leg day unfortunately seems to not be a priority due to the nature of the sport.

You will get huge and jacked. I know someone at work who rowed when he was in university. Even though he hasn't done anything rowing or lifting for years, he's still the biggest natty I've seen in my entire life.

Good luck with the endurance sets

Rowing machines are easy for me. But I dont understand them.

Why would the seat move? That isnt how you actually row.

Was it the school exercises that did this or his own initiative though? Most rowers Ive seen look more ottermode

Yes it moves, your feet are fixed, how else would you move your legs while sitting.

No that isnt what I was saying

Im saying when you row in a boat your seat doesnt move under you and you arent extending your legs like that to power most of the pull. So why is the machine like that?

In a row boat built for racing the seat moves as it gives your oar a longer stroke and your legs add power to the stroke
More power and a longer stroke equal more go for the boat

...oh

thanks

Your legs are where all the power comes from. This will become apparent very quickly if you pick up the sport as it'll feel like someone is shoving a branding iron onto your quads.

t. someone who has never rowed for more than 30 seconds

I just learned the seats actually DO move so that excites me in that now I dont have to worry as much about sacrificing my routine.

Im going to LARP im on a trireme ready to invade some cucks in the name of SPQR

Correct I have only ever rowed in normal aluminum rowboats while fishing.

Race rowing is new to me, but the machine isnt.

>seats actually DO move so that excites me in that now I dont have to worry as much about sacrificing my routine.

wat

lol I just meant that I didnt have to worry about losing strength training in the lower body

sorry its 3:00 am and maybe im getting my point across autistically.

Breh I hope you are good looking otherwise life may be hard lol

Ive just never seen the boats before up close

>Any Crew on here who can tell me what this will mean for me?
incoming eating disorder

>wants to row
>wants to get good grades
>wants to join a frat
Pick two of the three. Trust me you will be physically incapable of all three at once.
My roommate was a rower, it went like
>wake up at 4 AM for practice.
>finish practice, come home, force feed and shower while tired as fuck
>go to class, barely be able to pay attention from exhaustion.
>finish classes, come home, pass out for a few hours
>wake up again and hit the books because you couldn't pay attention in class
>study until bed time
>close your book and go to bed
Rinse and repeat.

you're going to die when you do your first 2k, or you'll pull like 9 mins or something

How tall are you user? If you are less than 6ft, there's no point taking rowing seriously, honestly.

>when you row in a boat your seat doesnt move under you and you arent extending your legs like that to power most of the pull.

Yes you are, lol, in fact precisely that. Are you sure about what sport you are starting user?

Protip
college sports are the most nohomo thing possible. I hope you don't mind totally nohomo dick grabs in the shower and extended casual nudity

Just don't mistake them for actually being gay, the actual gay one won't be taking part in the horseplay

>college sports are the most nohomo thing possible. I hope you don't mind totally nohomo dick grabs in the shower and extended casual nudity

You say that like it's a bad thing