UK University Lifting Buddy Thread

Any Brits out there get in here and find your lifting buddies for uni, give the normies something to eyefuck.

Uni of Nottingham here.

Warwick uni here, planning to leave humanity when term starts

I was super close to putting Warwick as my firm choice, what course are you going in for?

Cardiff Uni

Bloody students. Waste of space. ''Oh, I don't do anything all day, but I need more money to do it.''

rmit melbourne

Hey I'm sure it's only a coincidence that most students are developing alcoholism at a young age

I'm going into 3rd year Physics, you?

Coventry uni anyone?

lol cov

Nice dubs
Also why

it's just a bit of ribbing between warwick and cov is all

What's the gym like at Warwick? Starting there next year and will be using the onsite one for the first year at least.

Lincoln 2nd year here, anyone know a gym with 40kg dumbells or higher?

horrifically packed in the evenings, barely usable. Average equipment. Good guys though, join the barbell club

Are you main campus? Also UON here, but I'm at SB.

Cheers for that advice, guess early mornings are when I go now so will likely carry that on. With the barbell club sounding good. And one more thing, is it true they do random drug tests in the first year as my preworkout contains DMAA which I know causes positive amphetamine results.

First year for Law, looking forward to it. how's physics been for the past two years?

Main campus yeah, I'll be in Hugh Stewart halls, which is p. close to the uni gym. might use the gym in Beeston town instead though

definitely not true ahah. I'm planning to /fraud/ big time when I get back

If it's your first cycle good luck, and I was probably going to wait another couple years for that.

What are you studying? Beeston is pretty easy to get to from what I hear, and I think it's a pure gym from what I remember rightly- so open twenty four hours. Might be wrong with that however, I've only passed it a few times on the tram!

Afraid I'm out in the middle of the sticks however!

same kind of rivalry you get in a lot of university towns that have two uni's

e.g. uni of warwick & coventry, uni of nottingham & nottingham trent

it's all banter but it does get carried away sometimes

Cheers man, yeah best to wait until around 21 I reckon for most people

Studying Law, was a bitch to get into in terms of entry requirements. The tram system at Nottingham is so useful, planning to transfer my job and my gym membership up to Beeston, as the shop where I work and the Pure are pretty much next to each other.

Jesus that sucks man, no idea what there is to do in SB campus, so far from where the action is.

Coming to UCL for an exchange (from Sweden). Any Veeky Forumsbros there?

There's not much to do out here- but I study vet med, so it's not like I have much time to do anything outside of studying anyway!

But congrats man on getting in, and enjoy freshers! You can get a student mango to get even cheaper tram journeys as a heads up.

I'll be going to your Uni tomorrow for a Smash tournament which will be on all weekend. Don't really lift though, mostly a callisthenics guy myself and still in dyel mode.

Any Newcastle/Northumbria lads here,
Actually fuck off if you're a dirty Northumbria student

Vet med, good on you dude, I couldn't consign my life away to 6-7 years at uni though...

Cheers! Thanks for the heads up, really looking forward to getting away from the south of fucking England for a few years

S O T O N
O
T
O
N

bn2 anyone?

UCLAN PRESTON anyone?
must be fucking someone

Just got into Edinburgh after failing to meet the grades for Oxford. Devastated lads, but Edinburgh has a great gym so not too bad.

Graduated from there last year. Gym there's alright (especially since it's free for students) but I believe there are better ones in the area.

Cardiff Uni, decent strength/conditioning room.

Going to Shrewsbury for genetics and evolution, it's a long shot but anyone going there/living round there know anything about gyms and martial arts places there?

Also Nottingham native and pure gym in beeston is alright, normally kinda crowded so you won't wanna be there at peak times. I've been there a few times and it's decent but nothing special. There's a cool climbing frame thing upstairs you can do explosive jumping pull ups on though, kinda like the salmon ladder if you've ever seen ninja warrior.

University of Manchester anyone? Starting my MSc there next month and looking for a decent gym

Meeeeeee well actually Mmu but I need a lifting buddy

>not going Easygym

All the uni gyms are shit

SWANSEA

University of Birmingham? Anyone?

How's the acid attacks going? Will they ever figure out wether it's the Victorians or Masculinity which is to blame for the recent spike in acid attacks?

Only got attacked 3 times last week, so things are getting better

anyone at oxford?

3rd year UOM, Armitage is shit, Sugden is Shit, Aquatics is shit, help me pls, Manchester is the ultimate gains goblin

new sports centre opens soon, current one is super old but theres plenty of local gyms that offer huge student discounts.

Tom Martin's new gym if you like powerlifting or maybe ask Joe Delaney since he lives there now

All in all it pisses me off that no one does anything about this cuz of ''muh racism'' as a Swede I'm in the same boat.

Queen Mary gang gang

Cardiff here too

Ayyy I just finished at Lincoln good luck.

I don't but I know a couple of lads who go, Preston is a fucking shithole though.

who starting PLYMOUTH this year?

starting my mmedsci at Sheffield in sept, what's their uni gym like? My old uni gym at Bangor had fully oly equipment and some team GB guys trained there, and the DW im at now sucks ass in comparison

What's Lancaster like?

Durham uni, anyone else?

Anybody starting at Edinburgh in September.

Left uni of notts 2 years ago, the Xercise4less gym by Jubilee campus is great and is only £10 a month.

Glasgow reporting in. Going back home to Germany in two weeks though.

Where you at currently? Pacific gym will have em but they're pricey.

Also Lincoln based here but I graduated already.

>gym increased from £160 to something like £250
J U S T

ill be there september

It's pretty decent, but too full. Snap fitness in town is better and it's 24 hours

ben dunne in town, cheap got plenty of equipment

Long shot, but are signups for Edinburgh uni WL team open for non-students? I'm a 16 y/o dude pretty into WL and I'd like to be on a team

Deans sports and leisure, dumbells only go up to 27.5kgs, what am I supposed to chest press with?

Hey dude download wechat and add me: zlatanvanev
we have a group of wl kids

Cov uni here, what you study?

Try the uni gym, might be better, if not there are a few gyms on the tritton road area.

If Im going to town then I would go to pure in spinning fields, comes free with my membership from back home.

Starting at Loughborough in October. Anyone else?

Boring as fuck, don't go there but I live nearby

Anyone in a sport club?

Starting MA Criminology there next month too.

What's bad about Armitage? Looked decent when I visited. Wythenshawe is a bit far from everything but at least there's free parking there.

Oxford Brookes here if that counts
pls don't bully me lmao

Anyone in Bristol?

I went to Brookes man, is the gym still that tiny downstairs weight room?

Bristol Puregym reporting in

New sports centre already open, would reccomend getting membership (off peak works out at ~£11 pm and decent hours

Starting marketing this year. Inb4 meme study

Third year, it's alright but the uni gym is disgustingly small

tfw I'm Northumbria and probably smarter than you

yep (not op)

Anyone from Sheffield know how the uni gyms are?

Ah fair.

I miss uni man, enjoy it while you're there,

>tfw you will never fuck a qt dutch fresher in Clive Booth again

How prevelant is gear in Oxford?

Anyone at Cambridge, Girton College specifically?

Don't go there but live in bar hill

I know some of you fags go to my uni gym

I'm just here for the summer, i'm the guy that carries a Lidl bag full of bands and shit.

Sorry only go during term time, I've got another gym for summer

:(

At least you know anons will always be watching you lidl band guy. Also don't use the showers got athlete's foot on my groin not recommended

Nice meme degree. I'm going to be in my last year of Accouting & Finance

Different user accounting and finance is too dry I do accounting and econ now

Any Liverpool students looking to leave humanity with me this term?

Had 5 years of accounting and finance pre uni. No regrets going towards marketing

Wew lads.

going into my 2nd year BEng aerospace engineering, where do you lift?

Uni of Bath. Just graduated though. Was in the gym a lot back in 2012/2013.