Reminder

to start doing Nether rows for a thick upperback

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=--TN8OqOD98
youtube.com/watch?v=I1Kg_uAmP_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what are nether rows? is it like one armed DB rows? kroc rows?

Also known as kroc rows with pronated grip?

>nether rows

you must descend into the underworld and lift the roots of yggdrasil until you're properly spent

nope they are not kroc rows, actually the're not rows at all. The're basicly a scapular shrug from a bentover angle. It develops the mid traps romboids etc insanely

heres him doing it
youtube.com/watch?v=--TN8OqOD98

>17:43
lol no

just click through it he basicly doesnt rest didnt tell you to watch the whole thing goddamnit

here go to 9:07 youll see him do it

Its pretty gay "inventing" an exercise and naming it after yourself.
all the greatest exercises was named after the inventor, but by other people

Cope, here's to actully get a big back in only 4 easy steps:
>have correct genetics
>get the right kind and right amounts of gear
>do literally any back exercise
>eat enough food to grow muscle
>????
>profit

i didn't feel like listening to this nobody's advice but then i see she has a black wife so i have to accept his superiority and subscribe

youtube.com/watch?v=I1Kg_uAmP_Y

He T-bar row variation is sickeningly good

why would anyone care about "mid upper back thickness"? It doesn't make you look bigger, it's just some nuance like upper chest, but at least upper chest makes your physique look better. Pointless.

t. Dyel

dyel detected

excellent arguments but I'm still not convinced, sorry.

i cant be arsed to show you comparisons right now but upperback thickness can be seen through a shirt and it makes you look strong unlike current day overly developed muscles like chest and biceps

This is what you would look like if you don't do mid, lower trap and rhomboids work.

start doing steroids for a thick upper back

looks like his lats ate his trap and romboid gains

I can guarantee your back looks like SHIT
There's an insane number of retards who ONLY train lats and think traps are limited to the neck, this makes you end up with a broad back and absolutely no definition like Train your rhomboids, rear delts and the ENTIRETY of your traps cunt

>There's an insane number of retards who ONLY train lats and think traps are limited to the neck
that used to be me thankgod I saw the light recently

my lats are huge but I have nothing in the trap region(yet)

what i noticed is this guy does a lot of short rom movements with max weight like these shrug rows or the chest shrugs or the pull up variations or the rack pulls or the quarter pin squats or the handstand push ups or etc.

it's funny how people get tricked into thinking full rom means anything and dumb memes like "lower faggot" happen when all the big guys do short rom max weight movements. if you understood how strength curves work you'd know full rom can actually be detremental to maximizing gains unless you use bands for accomodating resistance. like people who think deadlift is this ultimate test of strength but it's really a bitch lift after you get it off the floor because you're using far less weight than your muscles can handle through the rom past the floor, thus giving you an ineffective lift unless you use bands. that's why rack pulls are objectively better.

and I can guarantee that you're probably pretty small if you're worrying about memes like upper mid--posterior-back training. Get a good muscle base first and then we'll talk about the little niche exercises that make your physique slightly better. But for now, keep doing your rows and shrugs and maybe you'll get there.

this dude is on more juice than belgian blues

weak bait buddy

dont get fooled by the short rom he does a lot of types of shrugs which essentially have tiny rom so he has to use big weights

>rack pull better than deadlift
well objectively the deadlift carries better over for picking something off of the floor

>this is your brain on SS

He claims natty

you're almost never ever limited by breaking floor strength irl. heaviest object you'll pickup off the floor is 300 lbs if you happen to kill a fat ass and drag them off into the woods. that's a completely retarded argument. the fact is deadlift prohibits you from properly working your muscles through the remaining rom past the floor because the strength curve is much harder at the floor than through the rest of the rom. if you aren't using bands for accomodating resistance you're making yourself weak. rack pulls let you properly train your muscle through the rom where they're strongest, nothing more

>claims

>e fact is deadlift prohibits you from properly working your muscles through the remaining rom past the floor because the strength curve is much harder at the floor than through the rest of the rom
Well the argument against that is that that is exactly the point of doing deadlifts; getting stronger in the weakest part

Unless youre saying that rack pulls make you stronger at deadlifts, which I dont think is true

why are you trying to imbalance your natural strength curve? our muscles are naturally stronger through rom past floor. rack pulls are only enhancing what we naturally have. rack pulls do make you stronger deadlifts. a percentage of the strength transfers. when you're rack pulling a significant amount, the transfer can be signficant. incorporating deadlifting would still be best to increase deadlift.

>natural strength curve
can you link me up something about this wondering where you got this meme from

genuinely curious

google strength curve it's literally a well known scientific fact and not a meme at all

if you keep focusing on tiny details in your physique like obliques, serratus, upper-mid traps-back thickness, pelvic girth, glute width, etc you're never going to make it. Just lift weights and get stronger and the rest will come. Don't worry about the details until you're like 5 to 8 years in.

>Upper back is full of muscles that help with every major movement pattern
>Your upper-back isn't part of your "muscle base"

What's it like being this dumb?

It's okay Jimmy you can stop now

This shit is clearly for people that aren't novices, the guy doing them in the OP has been training for like 2 decades

hmm nice try but trying to target these little muscles specifically is a waste of time. If you do any type of pendlay row or trap exercise or rear delt fly you will be working these muscles, no sense in wasting your energy targeting them specifically.

I agree with you but how many people in this thread do you think are as advanced as him? most Veeky Forumsizens haven't even been lifting five years, including all the people in this thread calling me a DYEL for bringing logic to the table.

What the fuck is with the Facebook meme avatarfagging?

Started doing nether shrugs a few weeks ago. Just like 20 more years and my back looks like his.

No one is recommending this for novices, you're the only one making this assumption.

training for 2 decades but more importantly hasn't done beginner compound routines in a decade. you will lose what you gained in as little as a month. this fellow doesn't look like he's losing anything by training the way he does and not doing big 3 compound meme routines in ages. strength base novice are buzzword meme indoctrination terms. you can learn all you need to know about lifting in < 1 month and then do whatever the fuck you want to do.

What exercises does one have to do to get joocy back like this one?
Heavy deadlifts, pull ups and rows are enough?

read through this thread and tell me everyone here is above novice level. There are people who don't know what kroc rows are, a guy arguing that you can only get a nice back with steroids and genetics, etc. I don't think everyone here is as smart as you to realize that.

>le dont target muscles you want to get bigger meme

thats why you guys end up with trex legs and chicken arms. youre not going to get big arms unless you target them. youre not going to get big delts unless you target them. youre not going to get big pecs unless you target them and use variations, etc etc etc

not only do you end up looking like this, you develop muscle imbalances

>this

shit

Row hand placement can massively vary what you're actually targeting, as well as if you're using overhand or underhand
Don't be scared of deadlift volume and try several deadlift variations to supplement the standard dead, snatch grip dead is fantastic for mid traps and rhomboids
Incorporate both dumbbell rows and barbell rows into the same workout and once again experiment with grip width and variations
Height might also play a factor in what muscles are actually dominant in your deadlift but I haven't really looked into this, being shorter may give you an advantage in getting a chink back. Shoulder to waist ratio also plays a factor, having a worse shoulder to waist ratio may actually be beneficial for that kind of back frame.

so you're going to target every muscle in your body? Why do seven variations of lunges and leg extensions when you can do squats and SDLs? why target every section of your traps when you can just do rack pulls and shrugs? why do specific exercises for your long, lateral, and medial head of your tricep when you could just do close-grip bench press and overhead extensions?

you can fine-tune your way to greatness if you want but you could save a lot of time, newfriend.

>Why do seven variations of lunges and leg extensions
>why do specific exercises for your long, lateral, and medial head of your tricep
Nobody is arguing this, he is making the point that people should be utilizing more than one isolation movement per muscle group

no im just going to target muscles that i want bigger like delta, or areas that aee lagging

most people in the thread said their back was lagging and felt like wasnt getting fully developed so they talked about wanting to try this to target their lagging area. what is wrong with that?

also it doesnt take 20 years of hardcore lifting to have underdeveloped areas, so as long as youve been lifting around 6 months its fine to notice stuff to focus on

i fell for the weighted chinups is all you need for bis meme and finally started to focus on arms and see massive improvement

>Call them "nether rows"
>Explicitly says it's not actually a row because you don't use your rear delt/arm, you just move your back

I think you are a novice so for now focus on those 3 until youre a couple of years in then come back and ask again

proficiency is one argument. have you never found it easier to become far more proficient at one lift vs another? you're an extreme outlier then. most people aren't equally good at everything. it's good to try different lifts and find out what you're best at. i'm sure this nether fellow would be doing the same lifts as everyone if he thought he was at his absolute best at them. i often find the most effective ways to train are far from the most effective ways on paper simply because you'll have better results with lifts you enjoy doing and are good at.

Well that particular guy is an oly lifter, so clean variations, snatch variations, hypers.

While your point is great I made this thread specificly because a lot of people are lacking this area

nobody is saying isolate every muscle, only weak areas

or a year of cycling.

have you seen how many guys who cycle look like total dogshit. even if he's on gear he still looks better than many dudes and he doesn't have that leathery skin mega roider look.

I agree with everything you said, I however think six months is a little too soon to be focusing on weakpoints but that's personal preference.

fair enough.

I also agree with this.

I guess I've been arguing with people who agree with me, sorry everybody.

>guess I've been arguing with people who agree with me, sorry everybody.
Its amazing how miscommunication can lead to arguments

glad we share the same thoughts, take care

Where did I say that? I said you can do fewer movements and be covered for muscle groups, I don't advocate minimalist training for anyone that isn't already advanced.

Be covered as a novice** to be clear.

And just to be explicit I think it's ok for advanced lifters because they already have enough mass and neural proficiency to maintain for the most part.

backlet

>this whole thread
It's pretty fucking obvious he's on grams of gear a week. If anyone was on that and following some sort of routine you'd have a huge back too.

>targeting muscles
>thick upperback
>NETHER rows
>lifting weights
>going to gym
>working out

holy fuck people at fit are stupid just dont be sedentary piece of shit and dont eat garbage being 'fit' isnt that hard morons

Upper back is the difference between looking like a gymcel and just looking like some strong motherfucker

Option 2:
>find lift(s) that actually make the area sore so you know weather or not the exercise is hitting the area
>do shitloads of volume, and shitloads of intensity on that lift(s) (aka just like anything else you want to improve)
>eat, sleep, rest, repeat (aka just like anything else you want to improve)

I've seen his channel. It's really hard to believe he used something with all the obsession he has with living past 200 years of age. He is vegan all organic and does intermit. fast. Plus his back isn't out of this world, he has 1000+ rack pulls and a lot of strength on his back. Pretty strong and a lot of years under his belt.

>It's really hard to believe he used something with all the obsession he has with living past 200 years of age
lmao what? he sounds delusional

no, you must descend into the underworld and lift cerberus by the scruff of the neck

yeah he's super weird, he believes in crystals and spirit power and all this weird conspiracy shit but he knows his shit about the gym.

A strong mid back is very important for good posture and healthy movement patterns.
Have fun with your snapped shoulders you dumb cunt.

Bullshit, bodybuilding is 90% genetics, 9% gear and 1% diet and routine.

gear>>>>>>>>>>>training>genetics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>diet

bullshit, every successful bodybuilder ever is a low IQ moron with completely memetic programming (which varies massively between them) and all pinning grams of gear, it's almost entirely down to genetics.

nether rows are cool and all, plus he absolutely puts manlet destiny to shame in every aspect of physique and strength. But he is anti-vaccines for him and his kids, very adhd, and is a vegan so i guess you gotta take the bad with the good...

I look at training differently but on the extreme end yes but I mean overall training beats genetics and bad genetics can be trained up. Extremes are another story.

I'm talking specifically for the purpose of bodybuilding. There is no magic one exercise for back width etc. as your genetic insertions are what determine ultimately how you end up looking.

Most bbers don't have genetics so extremely good or bad as to be insurmountable through training so like I said in general training>genetics.