t-nation.com/training/interview-with-dr-stuart-mcgill-part-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>dont do any of it
Be a beta manlet

that's why you roid and lift light weights that can't injure you and look good

If you're using proper form deadlifts shouldn't hurt your back at all

youtube.com/watch?v=GnqggNm7g0Q

:')

You are most likely to injure yourself due to overuse. The single most likely way to blow out your rotator cuff is tightening bolts every day for 10 years.

Hell, even a hairdresser is more likely to blow out their rotator cuff than someone bench pressing.

>if you're using proper form dea-
youtube.com/watch?v=IKZoxFjpKNQ

>235kg
>rounded lower back

Heavy is subjective.

To you, a 500lbs squat and or a 350lbs bench press is heavy.

To me, that's a perfecty safe weight.

>Squat heavy
>destroy your knees
tbf it's more likely to destroy your back with squats than knees, you have to be mentally challenged to fuck up your knees with squats.

did this retarded faggot even go to the doctor after injuring his back?

does a 200 kg squat put the same pressure on the spine as a 20kg squat !?

Heavy is not that subjective.

>low back pain for months on right side
>continues to heavy lift anyway

do stupid shit, win stupid prizes

you can't just look at weight. height, bw, bone thickness, etc. it all matters

you are missing the point. Whatever your bw is , no matter how "thick" your bones are the amount of pressure you put on your spine with 200kg is truly immense..

>To me, that's a perfecty safe weight.

People always seem to forget roiders build strength faster than their joints/ligaments can adapt, natty lifters don't have this shit happen with proper form.

> I'm insecure about my shit-tier lifts: the thread

>a thin stick can only support 5kg
>a larch tree trunk that has grown over time to withstand heavier loads can support magnitudes of 10 times more weight
>It's the same thing guys

cringe analogy, Your spine is not different, than the one of a dyel

yeah but the muscles supporting your spine are dipshit

fucking this

>>Squat heavy
>destroy your knees
not true

youre more likely to get a lowerback injury off of squats, seeing as how most people squat

exactly. the muscles . not the actual spine.
Everybody who lifts heavy gets joint/spine problems at some point, it is inevitable. No matter how strong your back muscles you still load your spine. How can you not understand this. it is biomechanically impossible to load just the muscles when lifting heavy..

anyone who trains hard gets joint problems at some point what can you even even people who dont train get joint problems

joint problems are a part of life, only thing you can do is be careful, mobile and active

that is also correct. being immobile is probably the number one reason of joint and spinal injuries/problems. This doesn't change the fact that if you lift heavy you will at some point damage your spine.

That's why we don't use our spine retard.

My spine is stronger than your spine.

not sure if bait or just plain stupid.

>I'm being retarded on purpose

Bones, joints, ligaments, connective tissues all grow thicker and stronger along with the muscles. Fucking dyel bonelets.

the progression isn't linear

200kg is 10 times more than 20kg, your bones aren't 10 times strongers and thickers than the ones of a untrained lifter

you're putting strain on your back, all powerlifter end up with a bulged/herniated disc

lmao if you deadlift heavy

even if you have good form, your form WILL break in eventually during some workout when you're daily form is not good / your not paying attention etc. and this will fuck your back up

if you do not powerlift professionelly the risk far outweight any gains this exercise gives

In this case it's like driving without a seat belt, most of the times you drive you'll be fine but if you fuck up, you're done

I read how Jackie Chan for some time could barely write his signature. All the martial arts and stunts would harm his wrists over and over. But with each consecutive injury they actually hardened and improved. It got to the extent where he could chop solid wood or w.e in half and not get harmed. Im sure boxers and a lot of other athletes go through similar progress.

Injuries are not always the sign of mistake or the end, they may be a sign of improvement. Avoiding injuries will just hold you back from your max potential. Im not saying go out there and get injured, im just saying if you do get injured dont get too discouraged. Ive had my fair share of gym injuries and they all healed. Youre worst off walking on black ice and slipping than getting hurt in the gym.

it actually is

t-nation.com/training/interview-with-dr-stuart-mcgill-part-1

>Now for a paradox: If a guy has a long history of lifting with some flexion, the trabecular bone in the vertebral body will be strongly adapted. It appears as though stronger and denser trabecular bone reduces vertebral end plate damage and the ensuing delamination process. This characterizes the grand old men of powerlifting who have survived years of lifting with a flexed spine.

>lift light
don't make it

did people ever even injure themselves on anything other than ego 1 rep maxes?

worksets are pretty safe imo

overuse injuries usually come from work sets

>rounded back
>tried to lift it too fast with too much explosiveness
god knows what his nutrition,rest and activity before doing the lifts were.If he did plenty of yard work the day before and lifted the next he could have a fatigued area that he isn't aware of then,snap.stretch and be careful . I sprained a rotator cuff,out for 6 weeks at the least for improper sleep and stretching