Is this a meme grip?

is this a meme grip?

I find mixed grips awkward. I started using hook grip and never looked back

not a meme but if your hands are big enough for a really solid hook grip just hook grip instead

or do what strongmen do and pull everything with straps and then train your grip separately

Just use straps and lift sumo you faggot

Just buy some chalk and train your grip.

hook grip or straps are a much better option

if tearing your bicep is a meme

>T. Virgin

Yes.

tldr: Yes.

Is there a way to do hook grip without destroying your thumbs?

why would this be a risk of tearing a bicep vs other grips

why do you bicep curl with a pronated grip

because the supinated hand bicep is getting more stress, especially if you fuck up and keep your bicep contracted and have some flexion in your elbow when you initiate the pull

it's not a massive risk but it does happen

just practice little by little on lighter weight and work your way up. You wont be able to hookgrip your max without intense pain to begin with.

>hey guys, am I memeing this meme of a meme memeing a meme meme meme meme?

Fucking reddit and /pol/faggots ruin this place

I have short stubby thumbs so getting the hang of it sucked because I can't even wrap my thumb around the bar like most who do hook grip can. My thumb therefore gets crushed whenever I do it, but taping them (Scotch' Elastikon is great stuff) helps immensely. Just keep doing it - your thumbs will go numb after a while, but that's better than a torn bicep, to me anyhow.

yes, but you should use that grip when you jackin it

>he uses mixed grip

lmao

No, it's a real thing that people do.

Can someone explain hook grip to me like I'm retarded?

I've tried using it but its even weaker than double overhand for me. My thumbs also don't hurt much from doing it. I have to be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

how much do you DL?

300 lb

so the weight isn't slipping off your hands during double overhand, there's no point in using a different grip

No, by far the best Clean grip

I will never understand why people wear straps during deadlifts.

dyel

t. uses a belt, straps, wraps, sleeves, and chalk for every set.

Kek, this is so ridiculous of a reply.

I use mix for reps and regular for pr

nothing quite says "i'm a weak, vain little bitch" like using cuck grip.

t. geek who gets btfo by boardshorts and other strong anons on a daily basis

run along geek, i own you

If muscular imbalances are a meme then sure

because you don't

It's a stronger grip, it helps stop the bar from rolling. Overhand is better for improving your grip though.

I'd say overhand > mixed > hooked > straps for the manly to bitch ratio.

don't do it if you're just lifting the bar, but no it's not a meme

>mixed more manly than hook
I bet you lift sumo too you uncultured swine

I just double overhand 415lbs... Really not that hard. I did by some fat grips for my barbell curls to help train for a stronger grip. Works great. 8 weeks using them and I added 5 reps in total plus 15lbs to my deadlift because of them.

>Doing anything but Reeves deadlifts
Fucking faggot

Yep, just like sumo is a meme lift.

I can shoot my loads 30 feet thanks to the sumo lift

Then how about you just don't flex your elbow you fucking idiot

It's literally cheating. Unless you're a competitive lifter I don't get the point.

It works different muscles, I'd make the distinction if I was talking about how much I can lift doing traditional vs sumo. Do people just use them interchangeably?

>especially if you fuck up and keep your bicep contracted and have some flexion in your elbow when you initiate the pull

notice the part where i refer to elbow flexion as "fucking up", i.e incorrect form?

never (You) me again geek

Rubish trains with straps though.

>You wont be able to hookgrip your max without intense pain

I don't think this applies so universally.. I don't get pain until I've been done multiple heavy sets with hook grip, I'm always pain-free at any weight diong 2-3 sets.
People have different fingers and joints so there ought to be people who always have problems with hook grip and people who never do.

Deadlifting at all is a meme.

Give me one non-meme reason to use mixed grip over straps
ONE reason

Every single torn bicep on deadlift I've seen has happened with a supinated grip, every single one.

The fact the envelope is intact is kind of amazing desu

>hook grip

at first i used tape. then the tape would tear at every single rep, even if double or triple looping.

i tried these "jerkfit nubs" , and while when i first got them they looked flimsy and thin as shit, i tried them for the first time and they work! much better than tape

here's your (You) so you don't feel lonely user
you are a sad man

STILL no answer

>le /pol/ boogeyman

8 years btw.

Grip strength.

mixed grip doesn't really build grip strength though. Plus you can just train that separately.