UK food shopping/diet thread

Where do you guys shop, what do you buy and how much does it come to?

Just started back lifting, been doing SS for a week, I wanna have my diet on point to make maximal gainz. What are some cheap, quick and easy meals I can make?

Turkey sausages from Sainsbury's. High protein and low calories. All you do is bang them in the oven and bobs your uncle mate.

Fage Greek yoghurt.

Chicken breast naturally.

Cottage cheese

My groceries always avg 20 pounds. A week. Sainsbury's is the one governor.

I'm 66kg man, you sure I need some low calorie shit like that? I was under the impression I need about 3000-3.5k cals.

I wanna be running on off days as well but I'm scared to start until diet is in check as to not lose gains

Bump

Huel is £1.61 per meal maximum. I have one every morning and it accounts for 15% of my daily intake. Two scoops of ON protein powder (50g~) is just over a pound if you buy big bags of it. I spend maybe 5-8 squids a day on food.

Good and cheap source of carbs: fruits, oats

Protein: eggs, protein powder, cheap meats

Shop at Lidls or ALDI. I buy fruit, yoghurt, veg and meat or fish that will last me the week and my avg shop is about £20.

Tesco does bags of frozen fish/chicken food good protein. Just batch cook the cunts in the the oven, set for the rest of the day with a ton of rice/potatoes.

Musclefood (online) is pretty cost effective too. But you need a lot of freezer space for that shit.

So if you want to be basic about it, chicken/fish, rice/potatoes, and then whatever fucking else you wanna eat. Peanut butter is cheap as chips and a ton of calories. Or you could be like the autists on here and drink pure olive oil whatever

I was using huel for a little while but then I realised real food is as cheap. Although it is quick and easy and simple

If you want cheap food with protein and nutrients make yourself lentil soup or dhal. Guaranteed to cost less than 20p a portion. Huel is ok if you have lots of money and little time I guess.

Could I eat olives as opposed to olive oil for fats? olive oil seems like a recipe for cancer and liquid poops. chicken/fish, rice/potatoes, olives? with some chilli sauce or some shit so it doesn't get boring

Aldi and Sainsburys.
Aldi sells 1kg bags of saline-pumped frozen chicken for £3.33, or fresh un-pumped for £5. 1 bag lasts me 3 days, thank you based cutting TDEE. I get my milk from whichever I'm closest to at the time and then spreadable cheese, wholemeal bread and rice. Comes to under £12 a week.

Mirin that low budget

Infact na, I looked up olives nutritional info, u have to eat mad amounts for any calories or fats.

How does it all look on myfitnesspal? I wanna copy plz

Something like this, it changes depending on the day.
Protip: don't eat like me.

Example of another day

Wait why are you eating 1200 calories a day? Super cut or some shit?

Yeah. I was 84kg 2 months ago and now I'm 68, heading for 65 or 60. Started lifting at the same time.

Height and weight?

172cm 68kg.

Mostly Waitrose but on occasion I'll pop into As Nature Intended or Sainburys if it's late. I don't really eat much meat or fish at all but if I do I'll usually buy it online so I can get reasonably priced organic stuff.

I spend about 10 quid daily on food, but it can vary a fair bit sometimes. I try to go under that as much as possible, but if I'm cooking something fancy it can be much more.

Mostly buying veggies, fruit, and juice. Some beans, oil, sauces, herbs and stuff. It's expensive but the taste is so much fucking better and poor people usually don't go inside. The staff are friendlier. At my local sainsburys if you have to pay at the till they won't even acknowledge you.

>Tesco does bags of frozen fish/chicken food good protein

The bags of frozen chicken breasts are rubbery, the bags frozen chicken thighs are pretty good though. Whats the fish like? The price/macros look ok but I'm not a big fish fan.

Peanut butter is NOT CHEAP. For the same price as a 600g jar of Sunpat I can buy a 1KG gammon joint. Fucking BREXIT pushed the cost up of peanut butter and tuna. Those are expensive now.

>waitrose

middle class wanker

20 quid a week!?

50 quid for me.

check local butchers, often sell 5kg of chicken breast for around £20, that's where i get mine anyway

I buy halal meat from the butchers, I shop exclusively at lidl and tesco.

i eat copius amounts of greek yoghurt (500g daily)

Bit above that buddy.

cringe

So you only eat halal meat and greek yoghurt? Interesting. Is halal meat cheaper or something?

when researched, aldi comes out the goat in pretty much every category cost effectiveness wise

whey and stuff i just buy from myprotein

A few butchers and the wholesaler macro sell 5kg chicken breast for £20
I always buy legs or thighs more meat cheaper in price.and if you are dieting you can always boil them then refry them in a sauce for less calories.

Tesco do these little boned thighs for 1.60 for like 500g or somthing.

Gammon joints are cheap but I never buy them.

500g of lamb liver or hears o lay costs about £3

Beans and lentils if you can put up with the gas.

Farm foods has 3 frozen chickens for £10 and other meat and fish.Probably injected with shit but who knows.

I also see they do 3bags of frozen fruit like berries pineapple and mango for £5

It was in jest, my friend.